Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Pumpkin Chocolate Strudel-Thanksgiving Dish #3

Okay, I will be honest that I was very hesitant to try this
since chocolate with pumpkin just didn't sound "right."
And that's saying a lot for me since I love chocolate with just about anything!
I gave it a try and I was pleasantly surprised!
Even my sweetie pie was asking for seconds and thirds :)


Ingredients needed:

1 package (4 ounce) cream cheese, softened
1 large egg yolk
1/3 cup granulated sugar, plus extra for sprinkling
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 cup canned pumpkin
1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
2 pie crusts
1/2 cup chopped pecans or slivered almonds
milk
confectioners' sugar

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
Line a large cookie sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil.

In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese, egg yolk, 1/3 cup sugar, vanilla, cinnamon and pumpkin
until well blended.
Stir chocolate chips into cream cheese mixture.
Chill for 10 minutes.

On a cutting board, roll out one pie crust.
Sprinkle crust evenly with granulated sugar and 1/4 cup pecans or almonds.
Spread half of the cream cheese mixture in a strip across the top of crust.


Starting at the filled edge, roll dough into a log and place onto prepared cookie sheet.
Repeat with remaining crust and filling.
Brush the tops of pie crust with a small amount of milk 
and sprinkle with granulated sugar and cinnamon.


Bake for 30 - 40 minutes or until crisp and golden.
Cool 5 minutes and sprinkle with confectioners' sugar.
To serve, slice into 1-inch slices.



What pumpkin recipe do you enjoy?
Hugs to you!

22 comments:

Debbie Harris said...

That does sound delicious! The pie crust sold me! :)
It looks easy enough to whip up, and a little dollop of ice cream would finish it off.I baked your pumpkin cake yesterday, oh was it ever good!

Thank you for sharing all these wonderful recipes.

Have a blessed day.

Gail Dixon said...

I can't imagine chocolate chips with pumpkin, but you may have sold me here. I'm not a chocolate person, so I wonder if the chips could be omitted. Seeing all these recipes is not helping my waistline, btw. :)

AnnMarie aka Vintage Junkie aka NaNa said...

I feel the same way about pumpkin and chocolate as you do but since you say these are delicious I will have to try them! Pinned! I just happen to have all the ingredients on hand!

kitty said...

Wow Stephanie, another wonderful pumpkin recipe from you! Your pics are so beautiful of your strudel. I'd love a slice with my tea. xo

janice15 said...

It looks so good... would love to give it a try..you photos make it so inviting.. Hope you are well with love Janice...

Hope said...

Stephanie,

I am going to get fat if I try and keep up with you. However, this recipe is just to tempting to pass up; I must try it. I love the use of the rolled pie crust, What a wonderful idea!

:)Hope

Shoregirl said...

Look delicious! I enjoy making my mom's pumpkin pie, pumpkin roll, and pumpkin cranberry bread (or pumpkin chocolate chip bread).

Merlesworld said...

Well that sounds different, you can use pumpkin for so much.
Merle.........

Maryann said...

This looks good, never tried chocolate and pumpkin together before but my grands love chocolate with anything so I might have to give it a try. I am enjoying looking at all these new recipes, appreciate you being willing to share

NanaDiana said...

Stephanie. I have never heard of this but I am saving the recipe. It sounds wonderful!~ xo Diana

Natalie said...

Sounds pretty yummy, got it pinned!! Have a great week, Stephanie! God bless.

Leah Rose said...

I want to create a gluten/dairy free version of this yummy-sounding treat!

This combination didn't sound good to me either at first, until I remembered that I want to try chocolate-covered bacon:D!Lol

momof3girls said...

It looks incredible! Chocolate is good with anything. I only wish this was a no-bake recipe...because my oven is currently broken. Oh well...I'll save the recipe! Thank you for sharing.

Simply Linda said...

You had me at chocolate! LOL- Blessings my dear friend.

Delvalina said...

It's so yummy! and looks so tasty!
Thanks for sharing the recipes sister.

Love,
Eva

JES said...

Okay, that does look good! With some cold milk :)

Sylvia said...

I would love to try this, it really looks good!
Hugs,
Sylvia

Meeha Meeha said...

Thank you for the recipe, dear Stephanie, your delicious pumpkin pie looks exactly like the one I ate yesterday (made by a dear friend's mom). And judging by the generous cinnamon, it tastes great, too! Enjoy your holidays and good luck with moving and everything - I hope you'll still have time to post because I enjoy the little glimpses into your life.

Marcia Pilar said...

Oh my, I guess I arrived just in time. :)
I've been visiting all my favorite bloggy friends a little at a time and wanted to stop by to let you know that I have a new page. After things settled with our new business and a routine fell in place, my mind cleared and I got back to writing (now slowly getting back to creating), so I tried to open Gathering at the Table again but no luck. Both of my previous pages are lost somewhere in google world and it left me no choice but to create a new one.
Highly recommend saving your page often. I had so many meaningful posts and pictures.
'Nough about me. Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving, Stephanie.
Love and blessings.
xoxo's

Conniecrafter said...

MMMM another one that sounds just delicious!!

Danni@SiloHillFarm said...

I wouldn't have thought chocolate and pumpkin would go together either..but it does look wonderful!

Robyn said...

Oh wow, Stephanie. This looks absolutely amazing! And the photography - so beautiful. I need to get you to come and photography my food - you are truly inspiring, my friend.

Glad I finally found you on bloglovin' - for some reason your posts weren't popping up but you're here now.
Hugs to you, sweet Stephanie. Have a great day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...