Monday, November 18, 2013

So Good Pumpkin Cake-Thanksgiving Dish #1

This week I thought I would share five dishes that go along with a Thanksgiving meal.
I am going to share a couple of side dishes and a few desserts starting today
and going through to Friday.
Thanksgiving is only 10 days away - what are some of your favorite Thanksgiving dishes?

Since dessert is my favorite part of the meal
I figured I would start with this delicious pumpkin cake with cream cheese frosting.
I have shared in the past that my husband is not much of a dessert guy
and he especially doesn't like pumpkin, but guess what?
He loved this cake :)


Ingredients for the cake:

4 eggs
1 2/3 cups sugar
1 cup canola oil
1 can (15 ounces) pumpkin
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda

Frosting:
1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
3 - 4 cups confectioners' sugar
1 - 2 teaspoons vanilla extract

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and grease a 9 x 13-inch baking dish.
Mix the eggs, sugar, oil and pumpkin with a mixer until light and fluffy.
Mix flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and baking soda in another bowl.
Pour flour mixture into pumpkin mixture and stir until incorporated and smooth.
Pour the batter into the prepared baking dish and smooth out.
Bake for 35 - 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Remove from oven and allow to cool.

To make the frosting:
Combine cream cheese and butter in a bowl and mix until smooth.
Slowly add the sugar until you reach the desired consistency.
Stir in the vanilla.

After allowing the cake to cool, spread the frosting on and sprinkle some cinnamon on
for an extra yumminess :)


ENJOY!


Blessings to you, delightful friends!

24 comments:

Gail Dixon said...

That looks really delicious!! I think I'd rather have pumpkin cake than pie. The pie is too dense for me, though it is tasty. My favorite food at Thanksgiving is the dressing. I make it just like my Maw-Maw with real cornbread. But I leave out the oysters. Can't stand those things!

Hope said...

This looks so good!

Mmmm...I love pumpkin pies, cakes, and bars. I love autumn and Thanksgiving Day!

:)Hope

Julie Marie said...

Mmmmm... I love pumpkin anything... and add cream cheese to it... Heaven!... your cake looks delish!... I took two pieces to have with my coffee... hope you don't mind!... xoxo Julie Marie

Kelly_Deal said...

Yummy! With a cup of hot coffee of course!

Sandra said...

I love pumpkin and this recipe sounds delicious. Even though we've already celebrated Thanksgiving here in Canada back in October, this would make a great dessert anytime during the fall and winter...actually I'd love it all year long! :o)

We haven't chatted for awhile so I hope you're doing well. Think of you often. Have a wonderful Monday!

Danni@SiloHillFarm said...

Looks perfectly delicious! I can't resist anything pumpkin!

Lady Linda said...

How fun for you to share your treats and recipes with us all! The cake looks so good, can you bring a piece over right now? I'll get the tea ready.
How is the move?
Love,
Linda

Jen said...

Oh I love pumpkin things! I'm really looking forward to these recipes you're sharing, since Thanksgiving food is my very, very, very favorite food. :)

Sylvia said...

Yum, this looks so good, may have to try it.

Simply Linda said...

Yummy! My husband doesn't like pumpkin..he prefers mincemeat on Thanksgiving, so he gets that & the boy & I get pumpkin. Have a blessed day.

Delvalina Tuanger said...

hmmmm so yummy sister!!
It looks so good and tasty. I cant wait that someday I will celebrate thankgiving day with you and your family.
Love to you.
Eva

Gina said...

Stephanie, that looks so delicious! Thank you for sharing your recipe with us! I love all thanksgiving foods - turkey, gravy, mashed potatoes, stuffing, and on and on... Heavens, I'm getting full just thinking about all that food! :-)

Jazzmin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jazzmin said...

Sweet friend, this recipe looks so wonderful! I hope I don't sound repetitive each time I comment on the amazing recipes you share, but they truly all do look so delicious. The pumpkin cake alone would be wonderful, but to have the delectable looking icing added to it AND the cinnamon!? Mmmmm!

All your posts are a blessing to my day and to my heart. And the recipes you share are no different- I get excited each time I see one.

Blessings and hugs! I pray you have a joyful week!

forgetmenots blue said...

Oh yummy looks delish x

kitty said...

Mmmm anything with a cream cheese frosting on it is a winner for me, Stephanie! I'm so glad your hubby loves this dessert. I love pumpkin desserts. I guess that's why I love Fall so much. xo

Teri said...

Dear Stephanie...just yesterday, I was trying to think of a pumpkin recipe that would be good with our evening cup of coffee. I didn't come up with anything so I made Pecan Pie Muffins. They were delicious. Now, I have your Pumpkin Cake recipe and will be trying it very soon. We both love anything pumpkin. Thank you for sharing! Hugs ♥ Teri

Sarah said...

Stephanie,

What a delightful looking recipe! I look forward to your other Thanksgiving recipes. Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday, and I am already making lists of what I plan to prepare. : )

May you have a blessed week!

-Sarah

NanaDiana said...

THAT looks absolutely DELICIOUS. I can almost smell it baking from here- xo Diana

Beatrice Euphemie said...

So delicious sounding, Stephanie. Especially with cream cheese frosting. I love pumpkin, but tonight I made a new pasta recipe with pumpkin and it came out awful! We had to throw it away. :( It is much better in cakes and pies. Thank you for sharing. Hugs xo Karen

Julie Corbisiero said...

I would love to try out your pumpkin cake recipe thanks for sharing and I pinned it. Julie

Red Rose Alley said...

This pumpkin cake looks so delcious. I love anything pumpkin this time of year. Jess is the baker in the family. She would love this recipe.

Have a blessed week.

~Sheri

Conniecrafter said...

It looks delicious! I found a recipe for some pumpkin bars and asked my hubby if he would like to try something different than the classic pumpkin pie this year and he said no, I am afraid I won't like it, so if I try this it would have to be another time, I guess that is his way of letting me know I messed up other times when I tried new recipes :(

Mindy Whipple said...

I love all thinks baked with pumpkin and this cake looks delicious. I especially love the sprinkling of cinnamon on top - gives it such a finished look.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...