Sunday, November 03, 2013

'Tis So Sweet to Trust in Jesus

'Tis so sweet to trust in Jesus, just to take Him at His word,
Just to rest upon His promise, just to know, "Thus saith Lord."

O how sweet to trust in Jesus, just to trust His cleansing blood,
Just in simple faith to plunge me 'neath the healing, cleansing flood!

Yes, 'tis sweet to trust in Jesus, just from sin and self to cease,
Just from Jesus simply talking life and rest and joy and peace.

I'm so glad I learned to trust Thee, precious Jesus, Savior, Friend;
And I know that Thou art with me, wilt be with me to the end.

Chorus
Jesus, Jesus, how I trust Him! How I've proved Him o'er and o'er!
Jesus, Jesus, precious Jesus! O for grace to trust Him more!
~ Louisa M. R. Stead ~


"O Child of God, wait patiently,
When dark thy path may be;
And let thy faith lean trustingly,
On Him who cares for thee;
And though the clouds hang drearily
Upon the brow of night,
Yet in the morning, joy will come
And fill thy soul with light!"
~ Unknown ~

Have a blessed Lord's Day, sweet friends!

19 comments:

Debbie Harris said...

Good Morning Dear Stephanie,
Oh how beautiful this was to listen to before going to worship the Lord.
"Tis so sweet to trust in Jesus, oh to take Him at His Word" what a verse, to just take Him at His Word, life would be so much easier.
Wonderful promises this morning, thank you!

Have a blessed Lord's day!

Gail Dixon (LaBelle) said...

Your Sunday posts are so comforting, full of joy in The Lord. Just as it should be. Enjoy your Sabbath. :)

Blackberry Lane said...

Good Sunday Morning, Stephanie. Thank you for sharing this lovely video and the comforting lyrics. Have a nice week.

Delvalina said...

Oh sister...
you always have beautiful hymn and I will look up this song on youtube :)
happy the Lord's day.
Love, Eva

Vicky Hunt said...

I always look forward to your Sunday posts Stephanie....such sweet time with you and the Lord...:) Have a blessed and beautiful day my friend.

Hugs, Vicky
Life On Willie Mae Lane

Anne Payne said...

God is so good! We both posted about trust and used hymns :)

Kat White said...

Stephanie I love that, so true Tis so sweet to trust in Jesus! thanks for sharing that this blessed Sunday! Hugs

Simply Linda said...

Sweet indeed dear friend, sweet indeed. Blessings

Magnolia Tea said...

Wonderful hymn! Thank you for sharing the video. :)

Sylvia said...

One of my favorite hymn's. Thanks Stephanie for sharing it. I love the poem, it touched my heart.
Have a great day,
hugs,Sylvia

Susie said...

Thank you for this post. I truly enjoyed the music. Blessings , xoxo,Susie

Jazzmin said...

There truly is nothing sweeter than knowing we can trust in our Savior!! This is so beautiful.

Thank you for adding more loveliness and cheer to my Lord's Day.

I pray you had a blessed day, dear Stephanie!

Hugs and huge blessings,
Jazzmin

AnnMarie aka Vintage Junkie aka NaNa said...

What a beautiful way to end my Sunday before I go bed! Thank you for your inspiring posts.

Terra said...

Precious words in this hymn and in the poem.

Meredith @ The Laundry Can Wait said...

Girl, I was LITERALLY singing this song around the house tonight. I just love old hymns and this one is one of the best. Thanks for sharing. Have an awesome week! XOXO

Melanie said...

One of my favorites! Thanks Stephanie, needed that this morning!

Karen said...

This is one of my favorite hymns. Love the lyrics!

Conniecrafter said...

So great to hear those old hymns, our church usually sings one, maybe too old hymns and all the rest are the newer songs, growing up it was always the old hymns we sang :)

Melinda Ruth said...

"O for grace to trust Him more!" This precious hymn is one of my favorites. Thank you for sharing the words and reminding me of it again! It is a wonderful thing to know and serve a Savior who is completely trustworthy and always faithful.

I hope you are having a delightful week full of the blessings of the Lord, dear friend!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...