Monday, December 09, 2013

Delightfully Sweet Ornaments

Hello, my lovely friends!
I had the wonderful opportunity of participating in dear Vicky's ornament exchange.
This kind lady who blogs over at 
is also a precious friend of mine and I was thrilled to be apart of her exchange.
She gave me the honor of sending an ornament to Cheryl from 
and you can click on the link to see what I gave her :)

Tuula from 
was the beautiful lady that sent me an amazing package filled with heart-warming ornaments.
Yes, that was plural, ornaments!
She didn't send me just one or two, but 4 incredible ornaments!
I kid you not when I say my eyes had tears in them when I opened her gifts.
Tuula informed me in her sweet note that she did a bit of snooping around my blog
to see what brought me joy.
This precious lady took the time to see what I liked and then gave me the most PERFECT gifts!
I am so excited to share it with all of you :)

First of all, the box was covered in roses which of course is my favorite flower!
And there was also lace on it and didn't I just say last week that I love lace!


She wrote me a thoughtful note


and wrapped everything up in pretty paper.


The first thing I opened was this darling vintage ornament


and then came this stunning angel!
She is made out of soft yarn and brought a smile to my face.


Next was this sweet tea pot with lace tied onto the handle for hanging purposes.
I will enjoy putting this on my tree AND hanging it in my tea cup theme kitchen after Christmas.


And finally this beautiful spoon with my favorite hymn on it.


My dear Tuula, this ornament is what made the tears come to my eyes
because this song has a special place in my heart.
I will cherish this ornament for MANY years 
and will always remember you, lovely Tuula, when I look at it.
Thank you from the top of my head to the tips of my toes and everywhere in between 
for your kindness!
I truly appreciate what you have given to me.


And thank you, Vicky, for putting on this ornament exchange.
You have blessed many hearts and lives with your kindness and your willingness to host this :)
Much love to you, friend!

"But friendship is the breathing rose,
with sweets in every fold."
~ Oliver Wendell Holmes ~

To see what the other ladies received just click on this link:

Thank you for visiting and have a wonderful week!

27 comments:

Vicky Hunt said...

Such lovely ornaments Tuula sent you! She really did her homework and sent such perfect things just for you! Thanks so much for joining Stephanie and have a blessed evening.
Love and Hugs, Vicky
Life On Willie Mae Lane

Gail Dixon said...

Goodness, that is a really nice care package. I think she knows you well, adorning the present in lace. :) The angel ornament is so, so sweet!

Billie Jo said...

Simply beautiful, Stephanie!
The vintage ornament is adorable...
You are a blessing to so many, and your friend was able to convey that through her gifts!
Enjoy, my friend. : )

Debbie Harris said...

How very beautiful Stephanie! She sure did her home work. :) Every ornament has a special touch to it and perfect for you.

This was such an enjoyable exchange. I have my ornaments on my tree already and have enjoyed them very much.

Blessings!

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Our God is so very merciful isn't He - how precious these are, Stephanie. Shaz in Oz.x

Carol Z said...

What beautiful ornaments. Vicky is a sweetheart, isn't she! I got to know her through your tea cup exchange and I thank you again.

NanaDiana said...

What a beautiful box of surprises, Stephanie. I love it when someone gets it just right. She did! Blessings to you- xo Diana

Sherri B. said...

What a surprise to get so many lovely ornaments! Hopefully you will be able to hang them on the tree in your new home this year! xo

Jeanna said...

BEAUTIFUL ornaments Stephanie. Tuula certainy did her homework and your gift is just that...a special gift.

Blessings to you both!

Tuula McPhee said...

Hi Stephanie, I'm so happy that you love the ornaments that I sent. I had just recently found a bunch of the rose decorated spoons and wasn't sure what type of project I was going to use them for, and then when Vicky told me that you were my ornament partner I knew why I had found them. I will be making more of the spoon ornaments, but not with that hymn on them. That one was just for you. Thank you so much for the inspiration.
Tuula :)

Meredith @ The Laundry Can Wait said...

She "gets" you! It's apparent in the ornaments she selected. What a sweet friend - these will look pretty on your tree. XOXO

Delvalina said...

Oh my dear sister

My heart is melting too when I see what Tuula made for you <3
I love it too, it such a darling and precious.

You have a golden heart and look what your friends have given to you are so darling and precious. The Exchange is so fun. :) I wll go to see her blog now.

Thanks for sharing sister.
Love,
Eva

Delvalina said...

Oh my dear sister

My heart is melting too when I see what Tuula made for you <3
I love it too, it such a darling and precious.

You have a golden heart and look what your friends have given to you are so darling and precious. The Exchange is so fun. :) I wll go to see her blog now.

Thanks for sharing sister.
Love,
Eva

SarahGeorge said...

What a lovely way of celebrating friends! Truly wonderful! You are one sweet heart Stephanie, who enjoys and nurtures friendships, even when we have not seen in person!
Hugs to you my sweet friend! :)

Anne Payne said...

Those ornaments are perfect for you, Stephanie! Tuula chose well. They are all lovely!

Sylvia said...

WOW what lovely gifts,you'll enjoy them always.You are a blessing to me and everyone with your thoughtfulness. Have a great day,my friend.

Julie Marie said...

Your ornaments are all so pretty Stephanie!... and how sweet of her to see what you love most and send things like she did... the little angel is my favorite... or is the teacup my favorite?... they are all just precious!... xoxo Julie Marie

Miss Val's Creations said...

What a beautiful gift to open! Such a great variety too. I love what she did with the spoon. So sweet!

Julie Corbisiero said...

Hi Stephanie, wow what beautiful items you received from Tuula! I really love the yarn angel she made for you! Everything is so nice and it was a fun ornament exchange we were all involved in. Take care and stay warm. Julie

Conniecrafter said...

Such thought and love went into these gifts, so sweet!!!

MichelleReflects said...

These are so lovely and unique, Stephanie! What a blessing to have participated in this exchange.

AnnMarie aka Vintage Junkie aka NaNa said...

What a wonderful idea to have an ornament exchange! I participated in a Secret Santa exchange on one of my Etsy teams this year and I had so much fun picking out the gifts for my name. I was as blessed doing that as I was to receive a perfect handmade gift from my Secret Santa! These are things to treasure for a lifetime!

kitty said...

What a lovely idea and you've received such beautiful ornaments, sweet Stephanie. I know you look forward to putting them on your tree in your new home. xo

Cecilia said...

Those are just perfect! Love the spoon too as that song has a special place in my heart also. I think Tuula did a wonderful job picking out ornaments for you!

Debbie Borthwick said...

Tuula really put a lot of thought into your gift, they are all so beautiful, and I can see why you had tears in your eyes. You are so blessed to have such wonderful friends online.
Merry Christmas, Stephanie!
Debbie :)

Danni@SiloHillFarm said...

Tuula is such a talented gem and she sure knew what would make your heart sing!

Norma Ruttan said...

I love these kind of gifts the most because they reflect thought and effort were put into each.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...