Sunday, December 01, 2013

How Do We Represent Christ?

"For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works,
which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them."
~ Ephesians 2:10 ~

For a while now I have pondered how I represent the Lord Jesus Christ in my daily living.
When I'm in public, at home, or even online how do I represent my God?
Am I bringing honor and glory to Him in ALL that I do
and do I live for Him every moment of the day?

Every day is a learning process for me and each day I have to remind myself 
that everything I do represents my King, whether it's good or bad.
Not only are people watching my actions, but the Lord Jesus is watching as well
and I don't want to fail Him or break His heart by misrepresentation of Him.
May we, as followers of Christ, live for Him continually.

"...he shall be a vessel unto honor, sanctified, and meet for the master's use,
and prepared unto every good work."
~ 2 Timothy 2:21b


Living For Jesus

  1. Living for Jesus, a life that is true,
    Striving to please Him in all that I do;
    Yielding allegiance, glad-hearted and free,
    This is the pathway of blessing for me.
  2. Living for Jesus Who died in my place,
    Bearing on Calv’ry my sin and disgrace;
    Such love constrains me to answer His call,
    Follow His leading and give Him my all.
  3. Living for Jesus, wherever I am,
    Doing each duty in His holy Name;
    Willing to suffer affliction and loss,
    Deeming each trial a part of my cross.
  4. Living for Jesus through earth’s little while,
    My dearest treasure, the light of His smile;
    Seeking the lost ones He died to redeem,
    Bringing the weary to find rest in Him.
    • Refrain:
      O Jesus, Lord and Savior, I give myself to Thee,
      For Thou, in Thy atonement, didst give Thyself for me;
      I own no other Master, my heart shall be Thy throne;
      My life I give, henceforth to live, O Christ, for Thee alone.
~ Thomas O. Chisholm ~

Have a blessed Lord's Day, lovely friends!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

By the way, my husband and I are in the process of moving into a new home 
and many of you already know about this exciting news,
but I wanted to let all of my readers know (especially those that have blogs)
since I have been very sporadic with visiting many of you.
I have been busy with getting everything ready 
so I apologize for not visiting many of you more often.
I look forward to the day when things have settled down 
and I can get back into a "normal" routine :)
Hopefully that will happen by the second or third week of December...
Thank you so much for your understanding and support!

Love and hugs to you!

16 comments:

harleygirl said...

Great post! And certainly something we all need to remember every day. Thank you. :) Good luck with your move!

Debbie Harris said...

Good Morning! Such a beautiful blog to come to today. Your new header is just beautiful, I love the Christmas ornament tree, so very cute!

What a lovely post today. I will have that hymn in my heart through out the day I just know it.
"Bearing on calvery my sin and disgrace" the word disgrace really hit my heart, though I have sung that hymn many times.

He is my Master and my hearts desire is that my heart shall be His throne.

Thank you for this reminder today.

Have a blessed Lord's day, and our prayers are with you during this wonderful move.

Anne Payne said...

Thank you for this wonderful reminder, Stephanie, to do everything as unto the Lord. Sometimes we need a little nudge out of our rut to remember WHO we serve and HOW we should honor HIM at all times.

Love & hugs for a successful and blessed move into your new home!

AnnMarie aka Vintage Junkie aka NaNa said...

Thank you for taking the time each Sunday, in your busy moving schedule, to post a beautiful biblical song or poem for us. I am home sick today from church so this was just perfect!

Vee said...

Have a smooth move! Can't wait to hear more about it!

I have similar concerns about my being a good ambassador for Christ. My car doesn't wear bumper stickers because of it. = D

JES said...

Wonderful reminder! And hope your move goes smoothly :)

Jeanna said...

Lovely post. Thank you for the beautiful music :)

Best wishes on your move.

Gail Dixon said...

Love this post--it contains so much truth. I had a conversation with my boys this weekend about getting back into church. But all they remember is their dad and his vulgarity at home, then his "church face" (their words) on Sunday morning. Yes, the example we are to those around us as Christians is so vitally important. I hope one day my boys can get past their experience with their dad. I think they believe, but they want nothing to do with organized religion.

living from glory to glory said...

Hello, I think we always need to be reminded of who we represent!
Sometimes I feel like I am a poor example, and other times I just feel His love and strength as I walk and talk with others. And as I live out each day!
But it is His grace that saves me from feeling the effects of my flesh and its pull!
Have a wonderful time nesting and making your home filled with His love and beauty!
BIG HUG, Roxy

Meredith @ The Laundry Can Wait said...

Holy Night! I LOVE your background!!

Now that that's out of the way, congratulations on your new home. You must really be busy! Moving is so. much. work. Your topic tonight is something I ponder as well. I feel like I always fall short. :( I'm so thankful for God's grace. XOXO

Little Birdie Blessings said...

This is a lovely hymn Stephanie and actually one of my favorites. Congratulations on your new home. It will be exciting to be in there for Christmas. ~ Abby

Robyn said...

That was beautiful, Stephanie. Thank you for this morning reminder about what is truly important in life.
Your new look is fabulous and so warm and joyous!
I hope things go smoothly with your move. People understand if you can`t visit - you are always such a faithful reader, Stephanie, so just take care of yourself right now. Hugs.

Simply Linda said...

Good Morning! I just love your new banner here. Thank you for the Bible verses, I am going to use the Eph 2:10 on my whiteboard in the kitchen. My mind was blank and my thoughts are muddled today.God knows..Blessings

Sharon said...

Stephanie,

Thank you SO MUCH for this lovely post. So true and a great reminder to love our Lord in all and bring glory to Him through all.
I love your encouragement!
Blessings for a smooth move and transition.
Hugs,
Sharon

Conniecrafter said...

Beautiful music, when I do something or say something that I know wouldn't please God I feel so bad, I think the closer you get with him the more it hurts your heart when you know you have hurt him by your words or actions. It is something I start off each day hoping I can be the kind of person he can look down on and feel happy with my life.
Hope your getting settled in well, I know how hard that can be with a little one at times too, and at this time of year too.

Mindy Whipple said...

Beautiful reminder Stephanie. So happy for you on the new home and praying your move goes smoothly!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...