Monday, December 02, 2013

Sweet Cupcake Ornaments

Well lovely friends, we made it to December - it's hard to believe the year is almost over...
I hope each one of you had a blessed Thanksgiving time with your friends and family.
It's always a blessing to spend time with family 
which is exactly what my husband, son, and I did during the holiday :)

Now it's time for Christmas and the joy it brings.
This time reminds me of our precious Savior who came to earth 
to offer salvation to mankind.
Oh, what a wonderful and loving Savior!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Christmas is my favorite holiday
and I must confess that I love decorating for this beautiful season :)
This week I have a handmade Christmas ornament coming up each day
and I hope you find one that you like and will want to make.


Lets start off with the cupcake ornaments...

Items needed:
fabric
batting
ribbon
silicone cupcake liners
styrofoam glitter balls
sewing needle
thread 
scissors
hot glue gun and glue

Cut out a round piece of fabric that is larger than the cupcake liner.


Sew a running stitch along the edge of fabric and gently pull.
Add the batting and finish pulling the thread then tie a knot.


Thread a needle with ribbon and add a styrofoam glitter ball
then pull through bottom of the "cupcake."
Snip the ribbon on the bottom and tie a knot.
Tie a knot at the top as well.


Apply hot glue to the silicone cupcake liner and add the "cupcake."



You now have a "sweet" cupcake ornament for your tree or to give as a gift.


Come back tomorrow to see the next handmade ornament :)
Hugs and blessings to you, friends!

23 comments:

Teri said...

Good Morning Stephanie ... so, so cute! Have a blessed day my sweet friend! Hugs ♥ Teri

harleygirl said...

These are really cute! :)

Sarah said...

What an adorable idea! By the way, I love your Christmas blog banner and background. : )

May you have a blessed day!

-Sarah

Julie Corbisiero said...

Hi Stephanie, I love these ornaments! You are so creative and talented. They will look so nice on the Christmas tree! Take care, Julie

Gail Dixon said...

This is so inventive and cute! I'd love to create some of these and place them on my crystal platter. But I'm too inept at crafts. I'll admire yours instead. :)

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

These are very sweet. I have some gingerbread liners that would be cute! Happy holidays my friend!

Sylvia said...

Those are really pretty, Stephanie.

kitty said...

Now aren't those the cutest little ornaments?? They look good enough to eat, sweet Stephanie! You're just so creative. xo

Mrs. Smith said...

These are just darling! What a cute idea and easy enough that even I could do them! ;) Have a happy Monday, dear friend!

Susie said...

Forever cupcakes...wonderful.xoxo, Susie

Sandra said...

Too cute! They would be perfect for a kitchen tree.

Vicky Hunt said...

These are just adorable Stephanie! I need to make some for my sweet themed tree! Now to find some silicone liners. Hope the moving is coming along...I know you will be thrilled to get all moved in and set up before Christmas. Blessings sweet friend....Vicky
Life On Willie Mae Lane

Anne Payne said...

I LOVE these!!! Are you selling them in your store? :-)

Sharon said...

Hello Stephanie :)

I'm glad that you and your family had a wonderful Thanksgiving, we did also :)
Your cupcake ornaments are so cute! Thanks so much for sharing :)

Have a lovely evening!
~Sharon

Abiola said...

We really have so much to be thankful for, glad to know you enjoyed the Thanksgiving.

Time really do fly, amazing and almost unbelievable that we are in December already.

These ornaments are so beautiful and so easy to whip up.

Thanks for sharing, Stephanie.

Danni@SiloHillFarm said...

So cute Stephanie and you know I love a good no-sew project! (At least I can hand sew!)

Miss Val's Creations said...

These are adorable Stephanie! I could see this craft translate into other events like birthdays. :)

Hope said...

These are just the cutest ornaments!

Stephanie, Thank you for your wonderful email during Thanksgiving. It sounds like you had a very happy holiday.

♥Hope

Delvalina said...

This is brilliant idea sister...I can use the old cupcakes place :) it still looks inviting though.

Thanks for the sharing!
Love,
Eva

Conniecrafter said...

that is just too cute, would be great for a tree with a cooking theme, how fun!

SarahGeorge said...

Lovely cup cake ornaments! Thanks for sharing the idea with us Stephanie :) And the Christmas themed blog look is so cute :)

Debbie Harris said...

Those are just the cuttest Stephanie! I agree with dear kitty, they look good enough to eat!

I'm late getting around this week to see all your precious ornaments.
I look forward to the rest of the week and what you have for us.

Bless you!

Devona Walter said...

Hi sweetie, sorry it has been forever, my memorie has been so bad and I couldn't remember you address,
I love all the wonderful things you make, I use to do so many crafts when I was younger,but not anymore.
Well I just wanted to say HI, and thank you for the card, miss and love you so much.. <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...