Friday, January 03, 2014

Missing You!

Hello blogging friends!
It's been ages since I have written a post for my blog...
well, it's been 2 weeks and that seems like ages :)
I MISS YOU!!

How have each one of you been?
I would love to hear about what has been going on.

How was your Christmas?
It seems like it came and went in one big flash!
My Christmas was delightful :)
My sweet hubby, son, and I spent Christmas Eve with my in-laws
and I had a jolly-good time playing with my nieces and nephews.
Then on Christmas day the three of us headed over to my parents home
and spent the day sledding, playing games, and eating way too much food!

How about New Year's Eve, how was yours?
I was a party-pooper and went to bed at 10:30,
but I was well-rested on New Year's day :)
I would like to wish each and everyone of you a Happy New Year
and I pray you are filled with God's sweet joys and His precious peace 
during this year of 2014.

My previous post said I was taking a blogging break due to the holidays
and moving into a new home.
Well, we are still in the process of moving into our home.


Here is the story in a nutshell...

We bought a modular which is a home that is already built
and has to be moved in two pieces.
My husband and I bought this home the first part of November 
and made plans with a mover to have it moved December 1st.
Well, that did not go as planned... 
our original mover passed away from an enlarged heart a few days before our move.
We did not personally know this young man (he was only 31), 
but our hearts are very sad and heavy over this terrible news.

After we found this out my husband and I got a hold of another mover 
who said he could move the house the next week.
We hired him, 
but then something happened to his moving truck which caused a small delay in the move.
Let me add that we had to have the house moved by the 1st of January
so this is why were in somewhat of a hurry :)


The day arrived for our new mover to move the house 
and he was able to get half of the home onto our property.
He came back the next day and brought the other half,
but he ended up placing the other half of the home on a big shrub I had by the old house.
The gentleman that puts the home together attempted to roll the two sides together,
but ended up breaking some of his equipment in the process 
because the shrub was so tangled up underneath.

Our next step was to crawl underneath the house and cut back the shrub...easier said than done.
It was about a 6 - 8 hour process of trying to remove this huge, overgrown bush,
but thanks to my in-laws, it was removed.
Now our guy who puts the house together could come back and finish the job :)

The house was put together and we could get the heat going...or so we thought!
We called our gas company to come get the heat on and they arrived in record time.
They got the heat running, but after an hour or two it shut off!
My dear hubby worked on the thing trying to figure out what the problem could be
and after several days he was finally able to fix the issue.


The next big step was turning on the water.
Because the house had been sitting for a while in the cold without water 
we were fearful that the pipes were frozen and broken.
My darling got everything ready to turn the water on 
and as he turned the handle we prayed and held our breath :)
There was a broken pipe by the water softener,
not a big deal for my hubby so he fixed it up licketysplit!
Then there was a small leak by the bathroom toilet, but he was able to fix that too :)
Praise the Lord! We did not have any other broken pipes!
Yes, we were grinning from ear-to-ear!

So then my husband, dad, and father-in-law worked on putting the skirting up around the house.
We used the steel that will rust over time
so they had to build a frame before they could cut the steel and screw it on.
They finished that project this past Wednesday
and now my husband will have to build two porches 
with stairs and railings before we can "legally" move into our new home.

I have been cleaning and unpacking boxes
and have three rooms all ready and livable.
Just five more rooms to go :)
Can't wait to show you pictures!


The Lord has taught me SO much through this process, 
especially patience and thankfulness.
My husband and I had everything planned, but God had different plans 
and there was nothing we could do except go along for the ride and allow Him to teach us.
I am learning to be thankful for ALL things and IN all things :)
My husband teaches during the Sunday School opening at our church
and during the time we were going through the beginning of our move
he was speaking on being thankful for all things and in all things.
I jokingly told him to stop speaking on this particular subject 
because the Lord was testing us on the very thing he was talking about!
I can say there have been some difficult moments, 
but with God's strength and purpose He makes all things durable.
I am learning to look back on all of it and smile because God's hand has been in everything.
It's all about keeping my focus upon the Lord and allowing His will to take place.
So many times our plans are not His.


Okay, I said that would be in a nutshell ... I guess it is a big nutshell :)
I wanted to just share a little bit about what has been going on 
since MANY of you have emailed me and asked how things were going.
Thank you for your prayers and kind thoughts.
I have greatly missed you, friends, and I look forward to when things calm down 
and I can get back into blogging.
Big hugs to you and much love!

49 comments:

magnolias+tea said...

Oh Stephanie, you have been through the wringer with this move! Methinks you will never forget it.(speakin' from a not-really but kinda similar experience) I do know how it feels to get everything done little by little. I can't wait to see pictures of your new home. Modulars are some of the prettiest homes around. Have a great weekend!

Stacy @ Sweethearts + Sweet Tarts said...

I think there would be a lot to learn from a experience like that - I am so glad you are making progress on your home! I can't wait to see your pictures. Modular homes are so cool and contemporary. Happy New Year, Stephanie!

Mary said...

My Goodness girl, you have been on quite a journey with your new home. Seems God was holding your hand all the way. Ain't God Good?! Looking forward to pictures!

silverfeather said...

Happy New Year Stephanie! Your almost half way with your rooms...yeah! I'm sure everything will be so nice when it's finished. What a memorable Christmas you had~ looking forward to pictures. Loved the scriptures you posted!

Red Rose Alley said...

Stephanie,
I'm so glad that you're on your way to moving into your house. I've never heard of a moving house before. It sounds like there was so much work, but you and your husband have shown much grace along the journey. I hope to settle into our house this year. Do say some prayers for me, will you, that God guides me to that special and final home?

My wish for you in the new year is peace and joy. I look forward to seeing more of your sweet posts this year.

Love,
~Sheri

Desarae said...

My goodness, you've had quite the experience! I'm glad to hear the kinks have been worked out, hopefully the process of moving in speeds up from here on out. :) I've missed hearing from you too, the holidays get so busy for everyone though- I missed a whole month of blogging! I agree, it will be nice to settle back into regular life. :) Happy New year, Stephanie!

Ida said...

Wow you have had quite the adventure with trying to get moved. How sad indeed about the 1st mover (such a young age).
It's great though that your hubby is good at fixing those little things like the (leaks) and there weren't any major ones. It's inspiring to know you are Praising God through all of it.
Happy New Year! Your Christmas sounded wonderful.

Billie Jo said...

Oh my friend, even through all this, you manage to exude grace and concern for others. You are such an inspiration...best wishes that soon you will be making that new house a home. : )

Blackberry Lane said...

Happy New Year and how exciting to get settled into your new home. May God richly bless you and your family.

Vicky Hunt said...

Definitely a test in patience but if anyone has it in them....it's you. I know you can't wait to get all moved in and we can't wait to see it. I'm suret is going to be so warm and cozy with all your handmade touches! Enjoy this process my friend.....:)

Blessings, Vicky

Elizabethd said...

Nothing is worse than house move problems. I do hope all will be sorted out quickly and you can move in and start making it yours.

Maggie Ann said...

Stephanie, your sweet submission to the Lord through all of that, that you shared is so filled with the fruits of the Spirit! You & your family are a dear testimony....and it was a blessing to me as I read ....that your Father & Father in law...were both there helping. I'm sorry to read of that young man's death. No one knows when we will be called out of this life, but we know God makes no mistakes. love in Jesus..to you, Maggie

Sandra said...

Stephanie, we've all missed you too! I've been thinking about you so much this week wondering about you and your new home. Well, what a process for you all but it sounds like everything has fallen into place.

Can't wait to not only read about your new house but to once again enjoy your posts and your delightful blog.

Jazzmin said...

Your thankful and patient spirit despite trials with your move is a lesson to me! God surely sees you and your family as so precious for enduring everything with a thankful heart. I am so sorry to hear that young man passed away, also.

It is wonderful to read an update on how you have been and your holiday. I'm glad you had a blessed one with your family, dear friend!! I pray everything goes well as you settle into your lovely new home. I can't wait to see the photos :)

You are an encouragement and a true blessing, Stephanie, and I hope you have a wonderful 2014!
Blessings and huge hugs to you!
~Jazzmin

Debbie Harris said...

Oh Dear Stephanie, it is so wonderful to see a post from you! Isn't that silly, your mother getting excited to see your post :-)
I too miss you here in blog land :-)
I enjoyed reading about the move even though I have been a part of it, your faith, joy and submission to the working of the Lord is an encouragement to my heart. Your walk with the Lord through all this has been a glory to Him. You have reflected His beauty to others, praise the Lord!
I too am looking forward to your pictures as you do such a beautiful job with your photography. :-)
Welcome back!
Much love to you sweetie

Merlesworld said...

You had a busy time of it lately hope all goes well with the new house from now on,
Merle...........

Julie Marie said...

Hope all goes well from here on out with your new home Stephanie... take it one day at a time... much love, xoxo Julie Marie

living from glory to glory said...

Dear Stephanie...
You are almost there!
Moving has a way of testing all our fruits to see if they are ripe :)
And yes that was a BIG nutshell:)
I love the new look of your Blog!
Sometimes I think we just need a clean fresh start! I am thinking of trying to find someone who can make me a new background!
Well, good to see your post dear and I am so excited about seeing some pictures once you get settled!
Blessings and A Big Hug, Roxy

Teri said...

Dear Stephanie ... wishing you and yours a blessed New Year! Such a lovely way to begin your new year ... fluffin' and featherin' your new nest! Hugs ♥ Teri

Mindy Whipple said...

Such housing challenges but you will be appreciating the new home even more after all that! Happy for you and can't wait for those pictures. We had a wonderful Christmas with lots of family and a New Year's Eve at my Mother in law's with family and homemade ice cream and cinnamon rolls (our naughty tradition but so yummy). Blessings to you this New Year!

Marilyn said...

Your house moving saga sounds like "normal" for me! On a much smaller scale, re-doing part of my main bathroom has had issues, too. Just simple new flooring, vanity with sink, and a new commode. Old tub/shower was not changed because my budget is small. It might be finished sometime next week. Will look forward to seeing your new home. May you and your family be blessed in 2014.♥♫

Gail Dixon said...

Whew! I'm exhausted just reading it. I can't imagine living it. I've always said be careful what you pray for. If it's patience, you're definitely going to get tested! And probably more than once just to make sure you get it right. :) I'm glad you survived all the hiccups and seems you passed your exams. Now, enjoy your home and reap the blessings! You have been missed, so I'm glad to see you back in blogland.

Life and Breath and Everything Else said...

Stephanie, It sounds like you've had quite an adventure with your move. I'm blessed to witness (through your blog) your faithfulness and love for our Lord.
We also had a wonderful Christmas and I've started a new scripture picture blog... bit.ly/sola_scriptura

Linda said...

I'm just coming back to blogging too Stephanie, and it's so good to see you here. I'm so glad your Christmas and New Year were so good. Same here!
I think I know how you've been feeling on this new house journey. We had our home built just about two years ago and it was such a trying time. Thankfully, it all works out in the end and you will have a lovely home. Can't wait to see pictures!

Julie Corbisiero said...

Hi Stephanie, I pray that the rest of the move goes well for you! Happy New Year. What a great way to start the year off as in a brand new home. Good luck with unpacking.
Julie

Mrs R said...

Stephanie,

Oh dear, what an ordeal! I am glad that things are finally coming together and I pray that you have good weather for the continuation of your moving process. God bless you for your patient and thankful attitude!

Carol Z said...

Oh my! I thought my plumbing disaster taught me -- and it did! -- but you've had a good month of lessons in patience. Looking forward to seeing your new house. Keep cozy and have a bright and blessed 2014.

Delvalina said...

My Dear sister,

I'm so happy that we're to your faithful bloggers, and you're such a sweet to Jesus. I'm glad to hear that you took lessons from the process. That's what we have to learn everyday.
I can't wait to see the pictures and thank you fro sharing with us.

Blessing,
Delvalina

NanaDiana said...

Wow-Stephanie. THAT has been quite a move for you. How awful the things that took place and yet how right everything is turning out. I am so glad to see you back here posting. God bless you and Happy New Year. I can't wait to see pictures of your new home- xo Diana

camp and cottage living said...

Oh Stephanie, what a trial it's all been. I hope it all good from here on out.
I have my own story about waiting to get into a modular home. Only it involved my husband, myself and four children living in a pop up camper until Dec. in Michigan waiting for a modular that was supposed to be delivered in October!
Happy New Year!

JES said...

Thanks for sharing your rough and tumble journey! Looks like you have the proper perspective though! The exciting part is preparing a new home, that is always fun for me! Can't wait to see photos! Bless you and yours this 2014 :)

Robyn said...

Wow, Stephanie, I so admire your positive spirit during such a trying time. Hopefully you can look back and laugh at it all in the future! I'm sure it must be very exciting to be finally settled and set about making your house a home. I can think of no one more deserving of a happy, beautiful home than yourself.
Happy New Year, dear friend. I'll look forward to chatting with you more and seeing your lovely images. Hugs!

Sylvia said...

Stephanie, it's so good to read your post this morning, you are such an inspiring lady. I pray all goes well and you can happily move into your new home and start making new memories. You continue to inspire me to keep moving forward and trusting in God and His will.
Hugs,Sylvia

Maryann said...

I am glad you gave us an update. I am having a hard time getting back into the groove since the holidays. we were busy with family and friends too. I hope all goes well with moving into your new house, will be looking forward to the photos. Love that you are looking to what the Lord is teaching you through it all, that's an attitude I need to have more myself. Hugs!

Conniecrafter said...

Good to hear how it all came together, and sounds like you are on your way to having your home all set up, isn't that neat that his class was on just what you are going through, amazing how God speaks to us in our need and just when we need it the most.
Praying the rest of your unpacking and building of the porches go smoothly.
Hugs!

Debbie Borthwick said...

You sure have had a time of it with your move. But good things come to those who wait...I suppose this is His way of having you wait. I can't wait to see the pictures when you are moved in and have your home in order. I pray the rest of it goes well for you.
I haven't posted in a while either, but I think everyone is so busy over the Christmas season. I've had very little online time, my emails are overwhelming there are so many. Happy New Year and all the best to you and your family.
Debbie :)

Simply Linda said...

We have a favorite saying in our house..If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans. How true..I look forward to seeing your pictures. Missing your posts..lovely new blog look btw. Blessings

A Daughter of the King said...

Thank you for sharing the story and the lessons you learned from your experience. This was a tiring time for you! I'm so glad to hear it ended well. If you new home ends up half as pretty as your blog, it is going to be beautiful.

Melinda Ruth said...

I'm so sorry to hear about all the difficulties! I'm glad that the Lord is using it for good in your walk with Him. It's always a blessing when He does that and when we allow Him to work His character in us in the midst of trials.

Blessings and hugs!
Melinda

Vee said...

Wow! What a saga! I think that there's a story behind every move. You are not going to forget yours!

May all go well with the porch building and stairs and may the remainder of the move go smoothly from now forward.

Happy New Year!

kitty said...

Oh my, sweet girl, I just breathed a huge sigh of relief! It won't be long now and you will be in your new, wonderful home. You have learned patience, for sure, and I know you are so thankful. I look forward to seeing pictures of your new home. May the stairs and porches go in smoothly. Love and hugs!!

susan@avintagefarmwife said...

Goodness. This has been a trial, hasn't it? Hope the rest of this journey goes lickety split and you are soon totally settled!

hula-la said...

Wow! Many blessings to you in your new home. I have vowed to never move again...too much work. Love and peace to you in 2014. Aloha

Jackie said...

Hello, Stephanie. So lovely to meet you via blogland. :)
I scrolled...and scrolled...and scrolled to get here to comment. How wonderful that you have so many friends that comment and that you interact with via blogging. I have found that my blogging friends are the BEST! I mean that with all my heart. They are the best.
I am so happy to read that your move is now complete...and thankful for family members that helped out so very much. I hope that you have a beautiful week, and I hope that 2014 brings you and those you love many many blessings.
I see that we are Sisters in Christ. Another blessing for me...to meet you.
Thank you for your visit to my blog. I hope that you will be able to come again very soon. I don't post every day (sometimes not even every week! :) ) I post when the feeling hits me to share something that I have to say or a photo (or twelve) that I want to share.
Hugs to you, my new blogging friend.
Love,
Jackie

Kat White said...

HI Stephanie what an interesting post. I love reading all about this process. I am so happy things worked out, even though they were not the way you expected. I have learned that throughout the years too, so now I don't get to disappointed when things don't go exactly as I HAD PLANNED! it sounds wonderful, I look forward to visiting her to see you photos. Happy New year sweet one! Hugs Kat

Beatrice Euphemie said...

Dear Stephanie, I am so very glad that you are past all the difficulty now and with a renewed faith that all trials come with beautiful lessons... So sorry about the mover - so young...but it is fortunate that you found another and have your sweet husband, father and father in law to come to the rescue and do those amazing things that men do. Your Christmas sounds wonderful and now you have an exciting New Year in a new home - lots of work, but rewarding. Wishing you peace and calm for the rest of the journey, but I know that is not always possible in a move - o.k.- wishing you lots of patience. :) Big Hugs, Karen

SarahGeorge said...

Oh,dear! It should have been more difficult experiencing a situation like this. But what a joy that you have finally come through all this and can't wait to see your new home :). The verses are perfectly done (those graphics). So nice of you to share your experience with us. God bless you and your family as you enter this new home in the new year :)
Hugs :)
Sarah

Danni@SiloHillFarm said...

Oh Stephanie! I am so glad you are finally having some progress! Can't wait to see your new home!

Miss Val's Creations said...

Wow Stephanie! I would have been a big ball of stress but you were able to hold it together! Moves never seem to go smoothly. I'm glad you are in your new home now with heat and water. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...