Thursday, February 20, 2014

Favorite Room In The House

Today is the first day, my sweet friends, that you will get to "visit" our new home
and what better room to start with than my favorite room - the craft room.
You might think it's my favorite because it's filled with crafty goodness
such as buttons, beads, lace, and fabric,
but let me tell you why this room is truly my favorite....

Won't you please come in?
And I will share with you the secrets held in this delightful corner of the house.


There is an old, but very comfortable rocking chair waiting for you
so rest your feet and rock a little.
She is an antique and I have often wondered who has rocked in her 
and what that person did while sitting there.
Maybe a mother rocked by the fire while mending holes and tears in her children's clothes,
or maybe a sweet Grandmother sat by the window watching the birds fly around 
while a cat curled up in her lap.
The quilt on the chair was made by me and given to my Grandma Betty,
but after she passed away my Grandpa gave it back to me...
I wrap up in it A LOT!


This beautiful and colorful quilt hanging on the wall is a precious work of art
made by my dear great-Grandmother who was 90 at the time.
She used her lovely hands to stitch together each piece of fabric
and gave it to my husband and me as a sweet wedding gift.
Great-Grandma is now 97 years old with a few health issues, 
but she still keeps on going blessing many with her stories.


I hung a few doilies and handkerchiefs on some delicate lace 
which was given to me from a wonderful friend named Abby
who blogs over at Little Birdie Blessings.
The doilies and handkerchiefs are mostly from my loving mom
and one of the hankies was used on my wedding day - can you guess which one? :)



This picture is of my beloved Grandma Betty whom most of you have "met" through my blog.
My Grandma is very special to me!
It has now been 10 months since she passed away ... oh how I miss her!


You will see a couple of quilts folded on the white table.
The top one was given to me from my aunt and uncle who live in Canada.
They call me "Steffits" and had that name embroidered onto the quilt.
The bottom quilt has the 'Log Cabin' pattern
and was beautifully made by my mother many years ago when I was a teenager.
It has been used many times to warm me up and it's still a quilt I love to curl up with.


Here is where I keep my flowers made from lace and fabric.
It's easy to keep my basket filled and it makes for pretty decor :)


The picture of my darling husband and me 
was taken the day after we got back from our honeymoon in Kauai, Hawaii :)

As for the dolls, they were given to me from Grandma Betty.


When I see them I think of her and am reminded of how she liked pretty things like these.


I tend to use a lot of embellishments when I craft so I like to have them handy
and out where I can see them so I have several in a tin box.



And I also keep them in these pretty vintage jello molds.
They are the perfect size for beads, pins, and other little items.


My shelves are filled with little knick-knacks-
come take a peek :)


Ribbons and lace and trim, oh my!
They fill my jars...


and my basket!


Scraps of fabric rolled up in a basket.
Dried lavender and fabric yo-yo's are always on hand.


These pretty tea cups were a gift from an extremely kind friend.
She said I could use them for crafting, but I haven't the heart to make anything with them.
I like to look at them and think of her :)


No, I don't crochet, but I must have yarn for crafts...
and inspiration to one day crochet :)


To all my stamping friends - 
please come over sometime and we'll have a sweet time making cards!


Believe it or not, 
keeping thread in a jar has made it so much more convenient for me when I am sewing.


And speaking of sewing,
my machine is all ready for the next project....I wonder what it will be? :)


Now onto this charming fabric that was used for my craft room.


I used embroidery hoops and fabric for wall decor


and made curtains to match.


If you visited on Tuesday then you saw my organizer board made from the same fabric.
It came from Donna's lovely shop
Donna has beautiful fabric to choose from that is simply perfect for anything.
She also has a delightful blog and I know she would enjoy a visit from you :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So my lovelies, can you figure out why this room is so special to me?
Yes, I love having extra room to craft 
(you should have seen my previous craft room - small doesn't even describe it!)
But that is not why it's my favorite.
It's my favorite because it is filled with memories :)
Memories of precious family and sweet friends.
I love sitting in there to craft, read, or simply to think
because I am surrounded by love and joy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I hope you enjoyed the tour and there will be more coming of other rooms in our new home.
I will try to shorten them and not add so many pictures :)


Once strangers, but now you are dear friends to me!
Enjoy your day :)

53 comments:

magnoliasntea said...

Oh my goodness, Stephanie, what a fabulous craft room! It's just gorgeous, and I love those quilts. There is nothing says love like a cozy quilt. Thank you for the tour - I'm looking forward to seeing more of your new home. :)
-Toni

Simply Linda said...

I'm moving in!!! (rolling laughter)--just so lovely, just like you dear friend. What pretty white walls..this old house has paneling on the bottom and white walls on top. Thanks Stephanie for making me smile..Blessings

Sarah said...

Stephanie,

Your craft room is beautiful! The quilt from your great-grandma is such a treasure!! I have an afghan that my grandma crocheted, it is such a comfort to curl up in that afghan and it brings back memories of her.

May you have a very blessed and creative day!!

-Sarah

Betty W said...

What a beautiful and inspiring room you have made. I love the quilt and the tin with your crafting goodies.

Sylvia said...

I can certainly see why it's your favorite, Stephanie. It is so lovely, I can see myself sitting in that rocking chair sipping a cup of Tea and fellowshipping with you. Only if I lived closer, we would be good neighbors. Thanks for sharing your beautiful memory craft room.

Hugs,Sylvia

Shoregirl said...

What a bright and cheery (not to mention cozy) craft room! I love all the memories you've surrounded yourself with -- makes the room that much "warmer!"

Stacy @ Sweethearts + Sweet Tarts said...

Awesome, Stephanie! The colors and decor of this room suit your sunny disposition perfectly! It's so cute that you dressed up your sewing machine with little flowers. And all of your little craft embellishments are drool worthy! Fabulous!

Sola Scriptura said...

I just adore your craft room! I wish you many happy crafting hours in your delightful craft room.

Billie Jo said...

Oh Stephanie, I love it!!!!!
I felt as if I were sitting right you as you were showing me around. I just love everything...and the memories they hold. Please keep sharing, my dear friend!
I can't wait!

silverfeather said...

Just like I pictured it would be...warm,filled with pretty colors and loving memories! No wonder your creations are so pretty! What a treasure filled room~ thanks for sharing Stephanie!

SizzleandZoom said...

I love hanging and showcasing quilts vintage or not. Yours is beautiful. Your craft is very pretty and charming.

Janice Kay Schaub said...

How wonderful to have a craft room. I wish I did. Ah well, I guess its just not on the cards. You have done a wonderful job it looks lovely. So organized too. I bet its a pleasure to work in there
Janice

Marilyn said...

Memories of all the special people in your life make for a great crafting room. You are an inspiration in so many ways. Thanks for sharing with us!♥♫

living from glory to glory said...

I really enjoyed seeing your special room! It has inspired me to create something. I can now enjoy thinking of you and seeing you in your special place to love and bless others! I must say I have also a craft room that I will use a couple of your ideas to spruce it up soon.
Right after my vacation :o)
Love, Roxy

Lauren Nelson said...

Sweet Friend, I just love this room too! All of the details on the walls and bookshelf are perfect! It is easy to turn a room with so many memories into your favorite very quickly!

Anne Payne said...

Oh Stephanie, Your Grandma Betty would LOVE this room of yours! I can see the affection you have for your family and friends and it is heartwarming :)
Now, if I could just get rid of this sneaky green-eyed monster whispering in my ear, "you need a room like that"...just kidding...but I DO need a craft room. My kitchen is too small!

Sherri B. said...

Thank you so much for inviting us in to your new studio. It is a heartwarming place with all of those special memories to inspire you to make all of your lovely treasures.

You have a good decorating eye and I love how you use the jello molds and the little tart tins...I have some just like that and on the bottom they say Sweden, maybe yours are the same...Anyway, I was just looking at them yesterday wondering what to do with them and now I know. :)

Looking forward to seeing the rest of your new and all of your special touches there. xo

Debby Ray said...

Stephanie, your craft room is beyond adorable...so many sweet remembrances to enjoy. I love the way you have have organized and displayed all of your goodies. Mine stays a mess most of the time...I need to take some lessons from you :)

Gail Dixon said...

The room is so sweet and so YOU. Filled with memories and lovely quilts, you must feel so loved when you walk in there.

Jazzmin said...

Wow, Stephanie. This is undoubtedly the prettiest, most lovely, cozy, wonderful, beautiful craft room I have ever seen. Your decorations make it so homey and sweet. I just wanted to picture myself in it the whole time I was reading. It is truly beautiful.
I love the sweetness of the memories you have in here, and the picture of your Grandma Betty and your other pictures and your quilts (how neat you quilt!), and everything so nicely and neatly organized. It is just the loveliest room. And you honeymooned in Hawaii!? How amazing. That photo of you and your husband is so sweet and your smiles. You remind me of my Mama in that photo when her hair used to be cut that way when I was little.

Thank you so much for sharing this piece of heaven. I'm sure you will spend many wonderful, peaceful, enjoyable moments crafting and creating beauty.

I can't wait to see the other rooms you share :) And I think the more photos the better, I love seeing them.

I hope you are having a wonderful Thursday!! Many hugs to you, dear friend ♥

Wanda said...

How in the world do you get anything done in there... I swear I would just sit in that rocking chair and drink it all in.

Seriously, what inspiration for all the beautiful creations you make in that special room.

Sending smiles and hugs

Stone Cottage Adventures said...

What a lovely craft room! I need your help organizing mine!! I love how you have kept sentimental items from your loved ones throughout the room! -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures

momstheword said...

Your room is gorgeous! I love all the bright, cheery colors. I also love the obvious fact that your grandmother passed her love of quilting to your mother, who passed it on to you, who will probably pass it on to your own girls.

I don't really like doing things with my hands. My mom taught me to embroider when I was a child and I did ONE set of pillowcases, lol! Now I have no idea where they are (as they went in with my mom's stash)

I tried counted cross-stitch once. I guess I'm just not a crafty person although I do love looking at people's craft rooms (probably because I love to organize things). Yours is great!

Miss Val's Creations said...

You craft room is so beautiful Stephanie! Filled with creative inspiration. I love that you have so many memories in here too sure to make you smile each day. :) The embroidery hoops are the perfect finishing touch for the walls. My mom tried teaching me to crochet. That did not go well. I seem to have tension problems! Hopefully both of us will be able to pick up that craft successfully in the future.

Debbie Harris said...

Hello my dear :-)
When I saw your post ( in my mind) I quickly sat myself down in your very comfortable rocking chair and ejoyed a cup of tea in my "" favorite" yellow tea cup while I enjoyed the wonderful tour of your amazing, and oh so you, craft room. Many memories blessed my heart as you shared them all with your dear and sweet friends in blog land.
You amaze me with that little camera of yours! Excellent pictures!!
Thank you for the cup of tea and visit.
I pray you are having a wonderful day.
Love you, Mom

Carol Z said...

I'm moving in, too. What a lovely room. I wish I could join you for some card making and a cup of tea.

Elizabethd said...

What a perfect room in which to create beautiful things.

camp and cottage living said...

Stephanie
I didn't realise you inherited your quilting skills!
I just love all the details of your favorite room. You've truly made it yours with all of it's special touches!

Blackberry Lane said...

It is a sweet and lovely room, Stephanie. Such a delightful place to hand craft your thoughtful and unique gifts. I enjoyed the stories of the quilts and dolls.

kitty said...

What a wonderful craft room, sweet friend, and full of lovely memories and treasures. I can see how all those quilts would keep you comfy and warm. They're all simply works of art. I can't believe your great grandma put that quilt together at her age. What an inspiration! I so enjoyed seeing the bunting and the picture of Grandma Betty. You are so organized and your room is cheerful, charming, happy... well, just like YOU! Thanks for giving us a tour of your favorite room. xo

Andrea Ostapovitch said...

What a beautiful room! It's so wonderful that you took the time to surround yourself with those memories. What could be more inspiring than surrounding yourself with all that love and comfort?
And I just picked up several embroidery hoops at the thrift shop. Now I know what to do with them. Thank-you!

Vicky Hunt said...

Oh Stephanie...it's just so charming! I love it...:) I am surrounded by memories and precious mementos in my craft room as well. Wouldn't have it any other way. Yours is so neat and tidy and not cluttered like mine. I am in the middle of reorganizing in mine and will be glad to get finished with it. I have too much stuff...lol! Enjoy crafting in your beautiful room. I can't wait to see more or your new home.
Blessings, Vicky

Rose said...

Stephanie, your craft room reflects who you are ~ sweet, loving, and beautiful. I hope mine does not reflect who I am because it is a MESS! :-)

Denise said...

Wonder-filled tour, thanks.

Beatrice Euphemie said...

Oh Stephanie, your craft room is wonderful - filled with so many loving memories of all those women in your life who have inspired you and encouraged you. This post touched my heart - a lovely room to enjoy some quiet creativity. Everything is sweet as can be. Thank you for inviting us inside to have a look at your artistic side. Hugs and blessings, Karen xo

Jen Ham said...

Such a beautiful craft room! The quilt your great grandmother made is just beautiful! xoxo Jen

Debbie Borthwick said...

Your craft room is so beautiful, more so because of all the memories wrapped up in your quilts. And, I'm guessing the blue hankie was used on your wedding day.
Thanks for the tour, I can just imagine all the wonderful projects you will create working in there.
Debbie :)

donna said...

Stephanie thank you so much for inviting me into your gorgeous sewing room. Your quilts are so beautiful. What beautiful memories you have to fill your room. I love how you used the fabric. Your board is so cute and clever. I just love everything you are so inspiring and talented. We are still redoing my sewing room. Maybe we can get finished this weekend.
Hugs
donna

Brenda said...

What a lovely post, and you are so talented. Your home reminds me of 'happiness'. God bless you in it.

Danni@SiloHillFarm said...

Oh how beautiful and inspiring! Those quilts are just gorgeous! I'm starting with a blank slate in my new craft room and you have given me several great ideas. Thank you for sharing this lovely room with us and I'm looking forward to seeing the rest. (I can't believe you cuted up your sewing machine!)

Ida said...

Oh my goodness your room is wonderful. I love how it's filled with such precious memories of your Grandma's. Everything there is just so pretty and cheery. I bet you love spending time there. My craft room tends to be "messy" but that's my comfort zone. I try to keep it straightened up but somehow if I start a project it just ends up messy all over again.

Amy said...

Hello Sweet Stephanie!

I just LOVE your craft room! It's so bright and cheery and so full of love and imagination. I would just love to come and sit and get all inspired.... I can't wait to see more of your home!

I'm glad we are no longer strangers, a long lost friend is more like it! :)

Hugs,
Amy

Julie Corbisiero said...

Hi Stephanie, wow your craft room is so pretty! I love the quilts, the embroidery hoops, the curtains, and the crocheted doilies! Thanks so much for the tour. I can see where you get your creativity from! Have a wonderful weekend.
Julie

Vee said...

What a beautiful craft room. I really did enjoy the tour and all the meaning and memories in that room.

Little Birdie Blessings said...

What fun to have a tour of your favorite room. I'm so happy that you have your own new home. Thanks for sharing this special place with your readers. By the way, love lots of pictures. ~ Abby

Desarae said...

What a sweet, darling little sewing room! So bright and cheery, with lovely colors! I imagine you could simply *sit* in that room, without even crafting, and feel happy! :) Beautiful, thank you for sharing it with us!

AnnMarie aka Vintage Junkie aka NaNa said...

So clean and fresh and new! And at the same time very cozy. How wonderful to have all your special things around you....great inspiration to create!

Robyn said...

What a precious wedding gift from your great grandmother, Stephanie! Gosh, I could spend all day exploring in your lovely craft room. Now I see how you apply so much amazing detail to all of your projects!
Have a great weekend, my friend. Hugs!

Libby said...

Of course I love your craft room...beautifully sentimental! xoxo

Barbara Neubeck said...

..Stephanie your craft room is beautiful and so full of special memories.
I love having my ribbons and lace, buttons and bits in glass jars, so easy to find what I want quickly.
I don't have a room for my things. I have a small wall of cupboards and shelves in one room and a small set of roll out shelves between my fridge and freezer.
Will do a post on it one day.....
Hugs and Blessings ...
Barb xxx

Deborah Montgomery said...

This is a lovely craft room, so organized and pretty and so full of special heirlooms. What a delightful place to create!

Kate M said...

Thank you for this tour of your beautiful craft room, it's so tidy!! I love your beautiful quilts and wall decorations - they are fabulous, but most of all I understand why it holds your precious memories.
xx

Nikki said...

Thank you Stephanie for the tour of your craft room. It is beautiful! I like the idea of using hoops for your fabric for wall decor. I amy suggest my daughter salinn do something similar to her little Sewing nook in our house. Your creativity is inspiring.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...