Sunday, February 23, 2014

O Wonderful Love

"As the Father has loved me,
so have I loved you.
Now remain in my love."
~ John 15:9 ~


"I have a Redeemer, O worship His name, 
He bore my transgressions, my sin and my shame,
And in His own body on Calvary's tree,
He took them upon Him, that I might go free.

I have a Redeemer who calls me His own,
He bids me come boldly before His great throne;
Because I am pardoned and cleansed by His blood,
And guiltless, tho' living 'mid earth's evil flood.

Yes, sweet are Thy mercies, O Savior divine,
In tender compassion Thou madest me Thine;
With Thee will I journey till life's day is done,
And all thro' the ages give praise to the Son.


Chorus
O wonderful love that saved me from sin,
O wonderful love that cleansed me within;
His Spirit bears witness with mine that I'm saved,
All glory to Jesus, I'm saved, I'm saved, I'm saved!"
~ Albert Simpson Reitz ~


"But God commendeth his love toward us,
in that, while we were yet sinners,
Christ died for us."
~ Romans 5:8 ~

"Behold, what manner of love the Father 
hath bestowed upon us,
that we should be called the sons of God:
therefore the world knoweth us not,
because it knew him not."
~ 1 John 3:1 ~


Have a blessed Lord's Day!

18 comments:

Sola Scriptura said...

Beautiful post, sweet Stephanie! Thank you.

Anne Payne said...

Ah, such encouraging words this morning. I love the old hymns. And your photography is beautiful. I hope you have a blessed Sabbath, as well. {{hugs}}

Billie Jo said...

Always love visiting you on Sunday mornings, my friend...
Thank you for the beauty you share! : )

Debbie Harris said...

"I have a redeemer,O worship His name, He bore my transgressions, my sin and my shame, and in His own body on Calvery's tree, He took them upon Him that I might go free."
Reading those words I cannot help but praise and worship my Savior, with joy in my heart.
Another very beautiful and God honoring post my sweet Stephanie. I just love the way you used your hymn book with those heart cookie cutters. Beautify done!
The Lord bless you today.
Much love Mom

NanaDiana said...

That is a beautiful old song- beautifully photographed. Blessed Sunday, Stephanie- xo Diana

Vicky Hunt said...

How beautiful Stephanie...:) Your Sunday posts always encourage me and I always look forward to seeing what lovely photos you have chosen for them. Thank you so much for the beautiful encouragement you provide each week...:)
Blessings & Hugs, Vicky

Simply Linda said...

Just beautiful! Love your cookie cutters. Blessings

Connie said...

Thank you . . . I needed this :)
Have a happy day and keep smiling.
Your blogging sister, Connie :)

Wilma said...

What a wonderful post, Stephanie !!
Thank you so much.
So good to know we are sisters in Christ.

Have a blessed Sunday !

Love and Hugs,
Wilma,
Shabby Royale.

Sylvia said...

I love that song, and oh so true!

Blackberry Lane said...

Lovely lyrics, photos and verses Stephanie. Blessings to you.

Denise said...

Precious post.

Wanda said...

Stephanie...that looks just like my old Broadman Hymnal. My mom and dad donated money to their FBC and had their name in one of the hymnals. When my father passed away, the gave my mother the hymnal. I have it now. Love the old hymns, and how you illustrated it with the hearts is so beautiful. Thanks you, and Thank Jesus for His Wonderful Love.

magnoliasntea said...

Love this post, Stephanie! And I love the KJV scripture quote. They're not only true but so beautiful to hear.

Jazzmin said...

Dear Stephanie, I cannot tell you what a blessing to my heart these sweet words are. Reading them today and seeing your beautiful pictures is so soothing to my soul and just what I needed to read. Soaking it in leaves me with the greatest joy in the Lord.

I am so grateful for this. I hope you had a blessed Lord's day, my friend!

Love to you,
Jazzmin

Conniecrafter said...

Wonderful hymn and bible verses!! So thankful for His love and for calling me his own.
Have a wonderful week!

Maria said...

Lovely hymn and verses! So wonderful is HIS love for us! Thank you for sharing, hugs!

Mindy Whipple said...

So sweet how you "highlighted" some lyrics with a heart!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...