Sunday, February 02, 2014

The Love of God

The love of God is greater far than tongue or pen can ever tell,
It goes beyond the highest star and reaches to the lowest hell;
The guilty pair, bowed down with care, God gave His Son to win:
His erring child He reconciled and pardoned from his sin.


When years of time shall pass away and earthly thrones and kingdoms fall,
When men, who here refuse to pray, on rocks and hills and mountains call,
God's love so sure shall still endure, all measureless and strong:
Redeeming grace to Adam's race - the saints' and angels' song.



Could we with ink the ocean fill and were the skies or parchment made,
Were ev'ry stalk on earth a quill and every man ascribe by trade,
To write the love of God above would drain the ocean dry,
Nor could the scroll contain the whole tho stretched from sky to sky.



Refrain:
O love of God, how rich and pure!
How measureless and strong!
It shall forevermore endure-
The saint's and angels' song.
~ Frederick M. Lehman ~


"If I forget, yet God remembers!
If these hands of mine cease from their clinging, yet the hands divine
Hold me so firmly that I cannot fall;
And if sometimes I am too tired to call
For Him to help me, then He reads the prayer
Unspoken in my heart, and lifts my care.

God, Thou art love! I build my faith on that.
I know Thee who has kept my path, and made
Light for me in the darkness, tempering sorrow
So that it reached me like a solemn joy;
It were too strange that I should doubt Thy love."
~ Robert Browning ~

Have a blessed Lord's Day, friends!

"...Yea, I have loved thee with an everlasting love:
therefore with lovingkindness have I drawn thee."
~ Jeremiah 31:3 ~

Sharing with:

Strangers and Pilgrims on Earth

27 comments:

Blackberry Lane said...

Such sweet words and lovely photos. My late mother and I always enjoyed listening to piano cd's. This was a precious video. God bless your Sunday.

SINCERITY said...

What a beautiful post! Browning had such a talent for words. And how true that God's love sustains us even when we are too weary.
Thank you for sharing and God bless!

Debbie Harris said...

Wow!! What an incredible video of Gods creation! The mass of this earth, so amazing, breath taking, and awesome. Beyond words.
Stephanie, this was quite the inspiring post to begin this, our Lords day. Thank you for blessing my heart with your lovely photos, encouraging words, music to touch my heart strings, and this amazing view of Gods beauty. :-)
Have a most blessed day!
Love you, Mom

Busy Lizzie said...

very beautiful

Simply Linda said...

Just plum beautiful. Blessings

Carol Z said...

What a beautiful verse from Jeremiah. Wishes to you and yours for a beautiful Sunday.

Sola Scriptura said...

This is such a wonderful message for me to reflect on today. Thank you! I hope you are having a fantastic Sunday!

Ellie Rae said...

Thank you for commenting on my blog.

Anne Payne said...

So beautiful! Piano is my favorite instrument :)

Ceil said...

Hi Stephanie! I have never heard of Greg Howlett before, but wow. This is so peaceful, and I love nature. Thank you for this lovely video today.

Peace to you,
Ceil

Judy said...

Beautiful post. Have a great day! :)

Gina said...

Stephanie, great minds think alike! I posted one of my favorite hymns/songs too.

Love your pink and white heart!

Brenda said...

Hi Stephanie,
this is a beautiful post, the poetry crafts, music and lovely scripture.
God bless you for sharing.

Denise said...

Amazingly beautiful.

SarahGeorge said...

Dearest Stephanie,
This post touched my heart so deeply. I was filled with tears reading this post. Thanks for sharing!

Conniecrafter said...

Love the words describing how we could never have enough time or resources to tell of the love our Lord has for us, so overwhelming and uplifting at the same time.
Did you crochet that heart, it is just Beautiful!

Lady Linda said...

Good morning little sweet pea! Your post is lovely, I always enjoy the Sunday ones...they do inspire me.
SNOW...wow! I can't believe it. We are in for a bit of a cold snap again this week, but little moisture. Are you all settled now?
Love,
Linda

Kath said...

So inspiring...
Thanks for sharing, Stephanie.
Blessings :-)

living from glory to glory said...

Hello, Good Morning! Pinned this lace rose. Everything fades, but LOVE!
Come for our Tea Part :o)
Thank You for sharing your HEART...
Lovely and Gracious, Roxy

Jen Ham said...

This is so lovely! Happy February! xoxo Jen

Karen said...

Wonderful words and precious photos!! Bless you.

Roberta said...

Hi Stephanie,
thank you for share with me this video! I'm glad to have seen these beautiful places, accompanied by a nice music!
Hugs,
Roberta

Vee said...

One of my favorite hymns ever! The crocheted heart is lovely. Hope the homemaking is going well!

Maggie Ann said...

Stephanie, I sang along and my heart is blessed by your post.....thank you! I felt like Elsie Dinsmore as the meaning of the words of that beloved hymn washed across my soul. I'm reminded of higher, purer things. Have you read any of the "Elsie' books? wishing you a happy evening.....Maggie Ann

Mom E. said...

Beautiful Post, Stephanie,
I love your crochet heart! Do you have a pattern for that? It is just beautiful! I have been crocheting hearts the past 6 months, and this one would be a great addition to my collection!
Hugs,
Betsy

Melinda Ruth said...

This hymn is one of my favorites! Thank you for sharing. <3

Laura said...

Dear Friend,
Such a beautiful post...it filled my heart with gladfelt praise. His love IS amazing...an ever present comfort. Thank you so much for sharing this, dear Stephanie.

The crochet heart is so dainty and lovely...did you make it? It reminds me of my mother...she is always sharing her love with items such as this...

Sweet blessings and hugs,
Laura

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...