Sunday, March 09, 2014

Joyful Praises

Would it be possible for you to offer your praise to God 
for His matchless love in some creative way -
original poetry, music, painting . . . ?


When the morning stars sang together,
and all the sons of God shouted for joy.
~ Job 38:7 ~

Make a joyful noise unto the LORD,
all the earth: make a loud noise, and rejoice, and sing praise.
~ Psalm 98:4 ~


JOYFUL, JOYFUL, WE ADORE THEE

Joyful, joyful, we adore Thee, God of glory, Lord of love;
hearts unfold like flow'rs before Thee, hail Thee as the sun above.
Melt the clouds of sin and sadness, drive the dark of doubt away;
giver of immortal gladness, fill us with the light of day.

All Thy works with joy surround Thee, earth and heav'n reflect Thy rays,
stars and angels sing around Thee, center of unbroken praise;
field and forest, vale and mountain, bloss'ming meadow, flashing sea,
chanting bird and flowing fountain call us to rejoice in Thee.

Thou art giving and forgiving, ever blessing, ever blest, 
wellspring of the joy of living, ocean depth of happy rest!
Thou the Father, Christ our Brother - All who live in love are Thine;
teach us how to love each other, lift us to the joy divine.

Mortals, join the mighty chorus which the morning star began;
father-love is reigning o'er us; brother-love binds man to man.
Ever singing, march we onward, victors in the midst of strife;
joyful music lifts us sunward in the triumph song of life.
~ Henry van Dyke ~


Although the fig tree shall not blossom, neither shall the fruit be in the vines;
the labor of the olive shall fail, and the fields shall yield no meat;
the flock shall be cut off from the fold, and there shall be no herd in the stalls:

Yet I will rejoice in the LORD, I will joy in the God of my salvation.

The LORD God is my strength, and he will make my feet like hinds feet,
and he will make me to walk upon mine high places.
To the chief singer on my stringed instruments.
~ Habakkuk 3:17 - 19 ~


Have a blessed Lord's Day, friends!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A special thanks to Abby from Little Birdie Blessings
for sending me the beautiful hymn art work.

16 comments:

Denise said...

Beautiful post for Our Lord :) Yes,I do artwork to worship Him.Usually only He would get it and think it was beautiful though.Most all My inspirational worship artwork I would never show anyone.I did one painting called "Manna of God".....But it ended up looking like little clumps of cotton floating down to earth,but I do know God loved it ; )Hugs Denise

Sola Scriptura said...

Such beautiful words of praise!

Mary said...

Beautiful post, beautiful song, beautiful pictures! All Glory is His. Happy SonDay Stephanie!

Simply Linda said...

Baautiful post. Thank You Stephanie. Blessings

Cranberry Morning said...

Nice post, and that is one of my very favorite hymns.

Debbie Harris said...

Good Morning! What a beautiful day it is, and a day to sing and give praise to the Lord.
Thank you Stephanie, for our Sunday post. Always inspiring, from the words to the photos, just beautiful!
Abby does beautiful work with her hands.
Have a most blessed day!
Love to you, Mom

Blackberry Lane said...

Blessings to you this Sunday. A lovely post and beautiful work by Abby.

Betty W said...

A beautiful post for this Sunday. Thank you for sharing.

lynn said...

Very nice post Stephanie. Have a lovely Sunday. Lynn

Vicky Hunt said...

Lovely Sunday post Stephanie. You never fail to wow your readers with such lovely photographs and you have a knack for choosing the perfect words to go with them...:) Have a lovely week my friend.

Hugs, Vicky

Denise said...

Aw, such beautiful blessings, from a beautiful heart. Love you my friend.

Conniecrafter said...

I will have to say Joyful, Joyful we adore thee is one of my favorite hymns, I was singing it while reading it, it is one of those songs that just lifts you up and just makes you thankful for all his blessings!!
Hope you are having a great start to your week!

Delvalina said...

joyful in the Lord.
I just wanted to let you know that last night I read on Job 38. Thats so neat :)

I love your pictures here sister.
Well, have a glorious week.
Blessing,
Eva

Jen Ham said...

Always beautiful, Steph...xoxo Jen

Kate M said...

That hymn artwork is absolutely beautiful and I have just sat and sung this hymn to myself, as I do love both the words and the tune.
I really enjoyed that - so uplifting.
xx

Melanie said...

Lovely artwork for a beautiful hymn!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...