Sunday, April 27, 2014

A Rose Plant In Jericho

"At morn I plucked a rose and gave it Thee,
A rose of joy and happy love and peace,
A rose with scarce a thorn:


But in the chilliness of a second morn
My rose bush drooped, and all its gay increase
Was but one thorn that wounded me.


I plucked the thorn and offered it to Thee;
And for my thorn Thou gavest love and peace,
Not joy this mortal morn:


If Thou hast given much treasure for a thorn,
Wilt Thou not give me for my rose increase
Of gladness, and all sweets to me?


My thorny rose, my love and pain, to Thee
I offer, and I set my heart in peace,
And rest upon my thorn:


For verily I think tomorrow morn
Shall bring me Paradise, my gifts increase,
Yea, give Thy very Self to me."
~ Christina G. Rossetti


Have a blessed Lord's Day, lovely ladies!


16 comments:

Delvalina said...

The pictures and the words get the harmony together :)
Thanks for sharing this sister.
Blessing

Cranberry Morning said...

That is such lovely prose accompanied by perfectly appropriate and beautiful photos! Thanks for sharing that today.

Sola Scriptura said...

Your lovely photos go so well with those words. Have a blessed Sunday, Stephanie!

Debbie Harris said...

That is absolutely beautiful! Those words really touched my heart.
Stephanie, your photos are always just amazing. Very well done!
Have a most blessed day.

Sylvia said...

Such beauty and peace! Thanks for sharing,Stephanie.Have a blesssed Sunday!

Debbie Moss said...

Thanks for the beautiful photos!
Hugs, Debbie

Simply Linda said...

Once again, sweet Stephanie, a lovely post. Thanks for the smiles. Blessings

SizzleandZoom said...

Beautiful post. It made me smile.

Norma Ruttan said...

what an amazing eye you have in placing these lovely items in such a perfect layout! I do not have this gift, but I admire yours! Christina Rossetti was and still is one of my favorite poets.

momof3girls said...

So beautiful! Thank you for sharing.

Denise said...

Thanks for blessing my heart today with beauty, love you.

Valerie said...

How beautiful! =)

NanaDiana said...

What a beautiful, beautiful, beautiful post. I just love it! xo Diana

Sandra said...

Beautiful, Stephanie. Thanks for sharing with us.

Jen Ham said...

So beautiful! xo Jen

Conniecrafter said...

Love the color of your roses and such lovely pictures!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...