Monday, April 14, 2014

Love Comes Calling - Book Review

A girl WITH THE BEST OF INTENTIONS.

A heart SET ON HOLLYWOOD.

AN empty POCKETBOOK.

When a look-a-like friend asks Ellis Elton to fill in for her as a telephone operator,
Ellis jumps at the chance.
For her, the job will provide not only acting practice
but the funds to get Ellis a start in the movies.
She's tired of always being a disappointment to her traditional Boston family,
and though she can't deny the way he makes her head spin,
she knows she's not good enough for Giffin Philips.
It's simple: avoid Griff's attentions, work, and get paid.
But in typical Ellis fashion, her simple plan spirals out of control
when she overhears a menacing phone call . . . with her very own Griff as the target.


My Thoughts

Siri Mitchell does it again!
She writes a heart-warming story that leaves you smiling and giggling 
until the very last page.
You'll be swept away into the Roaring Twenties
and from the very first chapter you will be taken on a touching, comical, 
and memorable journey of Ellis Eton as she discovers who she is
and what she desires from life.
You will laugh out loud, maybe even shed a few tears,
and have thought-provoking moments throughout the book.

Siri Mitchell writes a charming, funny, and compelling book
that also deals with the issues of just being you. . . 
being happy with who you are.
Ellis, the heroine, is scatterbrained, forgetful, and often clumsy,
yet on this journey she discovers that this is who she is
and she finally realizes being herself is simply beautiful.

This book is an amazing read and one I highly recommend!

** I was given a free copy of this book from Bethany House Publishers for an honest review.
All thoughts are my own. No other compensation was received. **

About the Author

Siri Mitchell has written nearly a dozen novels,
three of which were named Christy Award finalist.
A graduate of the University of Washington with a business degree,
she has worked in many levels of government and lived on three continents.
She and her family currently reside in the D.C. metro area.
Learn more at
www.sirimitchell.com

13 comments:

Delvalina said...

I just read this review like an hour ago of one of my another blog friends and I'm back here and I found your review too hehe. Wow it seems that this book is calling my name :)

http://allthingsbonnyandbeautiful.blogspot.com/2014/04/love-comes-calling-review.html

SizzleandZoom said...

This is a good review and I will be reading this. It is difficult to find a book to read today without a lot of horrific details. Thanks for the recommendation.

Denise said...

Nice review.

Abiola said...

Really 'sounds' like a good read.

I like the review. It's long enough to arouse one's curiosity and short enough not to give too much away. Going to check Amazon.

Do have a super-blessed week.
Hugs,

Abiola.

Maria said...

Sounds like an interesting fun read! Thanks so much for the review!

Sola Scriptura said...

Looks like a great book! Sending you wishes for a wonderful week :)

lynn said...

I think I would like this one. Have a great week.

NanaDiana said...

That sounds like a wonderful book. I love one that fully engages me. xo Diana

Wanda said...

Sounds like the perfect book for summer reading out on the lawn swing. Thanks for the tip.

I have several books of court room dramas I need to get finished too.

Julie Corbisiero said...

Hi Stephanie, thanks again for the recommendation of this book to read! I used to read all the time before I took up knitting, crocheting and blogging! I miss it and I hope to read more books over the summer.
Julie

Gina said...

When I saw the title, I thought it was another of the Janette Oke books. Love Comes everything under the sun! :-)

kitty said...

I always love to read your book reviews, my friend. Thanks for sharing your thoughts. xo

Miss Val's Creations said...

This book sounds so fun! I love to laugh out load when I read.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...