Sunday, April 20, 2014

We Serve A Living Savior

"And as they were afraid, and bowed down their faces to the earth,
they said unto them,
Why seek ye the living among the dead?
He is not here, but is risen . . ."
~ Luke 24:5 - 6a ~

Those two verses never fail to excite me . . . HE IS RISEN!
How can we not rejoice and be glad that we serve a living Savior,
a Savior that conquered death,
a Savior that chose to take upon Himself the sins of the entire world,
a Savior the shows us grace and mercy,
a Savior that fights for us,
a Savior that loves us!


"The resurrection of Jesus Christ affirms to us that He is indeed to Son of God,
just as He claimed to be.

"And declared to be the Son of God with power,
according to the spirit of holiness,
by the resurrection from the dead."
~ Romans 1:4 ~

It also proves that His sacrifice for sin has been accepted
and the work of salvation is completed."

"But for us also, to whom it shall be imputed,
if we believe on him that raised up Jesus our Lord from the dead;
Who was delivered for our offenses,
and was raised again for our justification."
~ Romans 4:24 - 25 ~

Those who trust Him can "walk in newness of life"
because HE IS ALIVE and imparts His power to them.
~ Wiersbe Commentary ~

"I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live;
yet not I, but Christ liveth in me:
and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God,
who loved me, and gave himself for me."
~ Galatians 2:20 ~

We do not have to live defeated lives - the Word of God is living
and when we have Christ as our Savior we are alive in Him!


Christ Arose 
Low in the grave He lay - Jesus, my Savior!
Waiting the coming day - Jesus, my Lord!

Vainly they watch His bed - Jesus, my Savior!
Vainly they seal the dead - Jesus, my Lord!

Death cannot keep his prey - Jesus, my Savior!
He tore the bars away - Jesus, my Lord!

Chorus
Up from the grave He arose, 
With a mighty triumph o'er His foes;
He arose a Victor from the dark domain,
And He lives forever with His saints to reign:
He arose! He arose!
Hallelujah! Christ arose!
~ Robert Lowry ~


The Lord Is Risen
"The Lord is risen indeed;
Now is His work performed;
Now is the mighty Captive freed,
And death's strong castle stormed.

The Lord is risen indeed;
The grave has lost its prey;
With Him is risen the ransomed seed,
To reign endless day.

The Lord is risen indeed;
He lives, to die no more;
He lives, the sinner's cause to plead,
Whose cures and shame He bore.

Then, angels, tune your lyres,
And strike each cheerful chord;
Join, all ye bright celestial choirs,
To sing our risen Lord!"
~ Thomas Kelly ~

Happy Resurrection Day, lovely friends!


We worship and serve the ONE who broke the bonds of death
and now lives forevermore!

Have a blessed Lord's Day and delightful Easter!

29 comments:

Mary said...

Thank you for a beautiful Easter Day post. He is risen indeed!!

Sola Scriptura said...

Hallelujah, He is Risen!

Norma Ruttan said...

yes, He is risen! thanks be to God.
your flower images are exquisite!

Billie Jo said...

Have a blessed Easter, my dear friend!

Debbie Harris said...

"Up from the grave He arose" those words put goose bumps all over me!!
What a victorious statement! Our Savior victorious over sin, death and hell so we can have a victorious life in Him.
Praising my Jesus!
Blessed Easter wishes.
Much love

Charlotte Wilson said...

Do you wonder how people can make it without Jesus in their lives? I am so glad that He is in mine. Thanks for a lovely post today!

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Stephanie, what a beautiful Easter post! I so LOVE each and every song, Scripture, and comment. Praise God, He is risen indeed! Hugs!

Merlesworld said...

Happy Easter
Merle.......

Libby said...

Happy Easter!

Gina said...

Happy Easter, Stephanie! Thank you for sharing these verses and hymns!

Carol Z said...

Warm thoughts for a bright and blessed Easter!

NanaDiana said...

Beautiful old songs and a wonderful Easter post. God bless you- xo Diana

living from glory to glory said...

Hello, How are you? My sweet chubby kitty is purring in my ear. I just wanted to say hello and I look forward to meeting up one of these days. It will happen...
Missing seeing my dear Amy strong and healthy. We have had so many trials, yet we labor not in vain.
He is with us!
Blessings as He sings over us!
Hugs, Roxy

Wanda said...

What a lovely and touching Easter Post... we enjoyed a wonderful Easter Service, and one of the special music was a great rendition of "He's Alive"...

It has been a blessed Easter. Hope yours has been too.

Trish said...

Amen and hallelujah!
Love those precious hymns...wonderful words of victory in our risen Lord! xx

Melanie said...

That was a lovely Easter post Stephanie! Enjoyed reading it this morning! Another beautiful post.

kitty said...

What a lovely post, my friend. I know you had a wonderful Easter. xo

Debby Ray said...

What a truly beautiful post for Resurrection Day! I hope yours was blessed! These old hymns hold the greatest messages, don't they? I do love some of the new songs too but there is nothing greater than an old hymns of the church! Have a blessed week, Stephanie :)

vintage grey said...

Easter blessings Stephanie! Hope your day was beautiful!! xo Heather

Hope said...

Very lovely celebration of our Saviour, dearest Stephanie.

:)Hope

Ceil said...

Hi Stephanie! I hope you had a beautiful Easter celebration with friends and family.
God's blessings to you,
Ceil

SizzleandZoom said...

This is the prettiest and most meaningful Easter blog I've visited. I hope you had a beautifully blessed day.

Maria said...

Beautiful words to celebrate that Christ has risen! Thank you for sharing, Stephanie! Hope you and family had a wonderful Easter, hugs!

Conniecrafter said...

A wonderful Easter message, hope you and your family had a joyous day celebrating our Lord's resurrection!

Denise said...

Amazingly awesome post. Hope you had a beautiful Easter.

Deborah Montgomery said...

What a beautiful post Stephanie. Love all those hymns, so comforting and reassuring.

Jen Ham said...

Oh Steph, the most meaningful and beautiful words to read! Thank you! Much love and blessings, Jen xo

Denise said...

My blessed savior-He is alive indeed!

Delvalina said...

He is RISEN because He is alive in me. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...