Sunday, May 18, 2014

Bringing In The Sheaves

They that sow in tears shall reap in joy.
He that goeth forth and weepeth, bearing precious seed,
shall doubtless come again with rejoicing,
bring his sheaves with him.
~ Psalm 126:5, 6 ~


Bringing In the Sheaves
Sowing in the morning, sowing seeds of kindness,
Sowing in the noontide and the dewy eve;
Waiting for the harvest, and the time of reaping,
We shall come rejoicing, bringing in the sheaves.

Sowing in the sunshine, sowing in the shadows,
Fearing neither clouds nor winter's chilling breeze;
By and by the harvest, and the labor ended,
We shall come rejoicing, bringing in the sheaves.

Going forth with weeping, sowing for the Master,
Though the loss sustained our spirit often grieves;
When our weeping's over, He will bid us welcome,
We shall come rejoicing, bringing in the sheaves.

Refrain
Bringing in the sheaves, bringing in the sheaves,
We shall come rejoicing, bringing in the sheaves,
Bringing in the sheaves, bringing in the sheaves,
We shall come rejoicing, bringing in the sheaves.
~ Knowles Shaw ~


The Seeds of God
Everything has its season
In order for new  growth
One day the beauty will be seen
From the seeds that God has sowed

For our lives are like a garden,
The planting of the Lord,
Sun and rain combine to bring
A bountiful reward

For seeds need God's nature
In order to produce
A beautiful, fragrant garden
Ready for kingdom use

At times, God needs to weed out
Ungodly things in us,
We will be more effective
In the spreading of His love

And as we spread this seed
Of His love to other lives,
We will reap a mighty harvest
Of souls for Jesus Christ

Our lives forever changed
From what it was before,
The beauty produced in our lives
Is the reflection of the Lord.
~ M.S. Lowndes ~


The Lord hath done great things for us;
whereof we are glad.
~ Psalm 126:3 ~

Have a blessed Lord's Day, sweet friends!

21 comments:

NanaDiana said...

LOVE those old hymns, Stephanie...and what a gorgeous photo! Blessed Sunday to you- xo Diana

Debbie Harris said...

"we shall come rejoicing bringing in the sheaves" you know me,I will be singing that all day! I loved this post today Stephanie, so meaningful, much to ponder on in our lives lived for the Lord. Your photos are always beautifully placed with what you share, just gorgeous!
Rejoice in the Lord!
Blessings, Mom

Delvalina said...

Dear sister,

Such a beautiful song - the first song. and oh! That's my most favorite scripture in Bible :)
I know that God always turns my tears into joy.

Your pictures are just amazing sister.
Anyway, I have finished my sewing and looking forward to make project to your guest post.

Blessing to you sister. I miss you and I love all your pins.

Blessing,
Eva

Sola Scriptura said...

Now I have the song "Bringing in the Sheaves" stuck in my head... but that's fine by me as it is a beautiful hymn :)

Simply Linda said...

Thank you dear friend..needed to see this today..Blessings

Denise said...

You have me singing now, bless you.

Valerie said...

What a beautiful post. Love that photo! Blessings and Sunshine, Valerie

The Mayo Family said...

Awe...this song reminds me of being a little girl when we would sit on Mama's bed and sing "bringing in the sheaves, bringing in the sheaves, we shall come rejoicing bringing in the sheaves!" Such sweet times!
Thank you for all of your sweet post's!
Blessings to you too~
Maggie

Vicky Hunt said...

These old hymns always remind me of my Granny Willie Mae...she loved them! I think she was the one who taught them to me...:) Have a blessed week! Oh...by the way, lovely photos!

Blessings, Vicky

JES said...

Inspiring as always Stephanie! I wanted to invite you to link this up as well as a few others this week on our new Monday link up :) Have a wonderful week, JES

AMom LookingUp said...

I love that hymn and what a beautiful poem. Thanks so much for adding a little "lovely" to my day :)

Blessings,
Marcia

Red Rose Alley said...

Oh Stephanie, these pictures are beautiful. You know, I smiled when I heard this song because it is often played on one of my favorite shows, Little House On The Prairie. Do you remember that show? It's an old hymn, and such a special one.

Have a lovely week, Stephanie. You deserve all the goodness that life brings your way.

love,
~Sheri

Regine Karpel said...

Beautiful Stephanie!

Maria said...

What a wonderful post that is so uplifting with beautiful photos! Thank you Stephanie...blessings to you! Hugs!

Conniecrafter said...

It just amazes me all the beauty that God has blessed us with, I just love seeing the buds come out in the trees, the grass turning a wonderful green and all the trees and flowers starting to bloom, how wonderful his creation is!!
Have a great week!

Mrs R said...

Stephanie, I have that song in my head now and you'll hear no complaints from me! Love it! Thank you for sharing!

Jan Tanis said...

Wonderful old hymn...like others, it's now stuck in my head! Have a blessed week!

Jan ♥

Miss Val's Creations said...

This is beautiful Stephanie. The photos are stunning!

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Stephanie, what a wonderful hymn with rich words of hope in the Lord! I remember many years ago singing this at church, and one Sunday my aunt came to church with us. She'd never sung this hymn but caught the tune easily and sang her heart out! But at the end, she turned to my mom and said, "what are sheaves?" It was so funny, but it's a sweet memory I have of her and our time singing. Thank you for the beautiful words and photos that give me pause this morning to remember all that God does! Hugs, sweet friend!

Jen Ham said...

How incredibly beautiful! xoxo Jen

Karen said...

Hi Stephanie. This is a precious scripture and hymn. I remember a child who thought we were singing "Bringing in the SHEEPS". Well, that works too! Have a blessed day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...