Seven years ago I walked down the aisle on the arm of my Dad
while wearing a delicate wedding dress, and holding a bouquet of 17 white roses.
You are probably wondering why I carried 17 roses. . .
well let me tell you, my darling asked me to marry him on the 17th of December :)
Join me as I tell the tale of our wedding day through pictures and music. . .
(Click on the music for sweet enjoyment as you scroll down)
Charge to the Couple. . .
Proverbs 15:1 - 17
1. A soft answer turneth away wrath: but grievous words stir up anger.
2. The tongue of the wise useth knowledge aright:
but the mouth of fools poureth out foolishness.
3. The eyes of the LORD are in every place, beholding the evil and the good.
4. A wholesome tongue is a tree of life:
but perverseness therein is a breach in the spirit.
5. A fool despiseth his father's instruction:
but he that regardeth reproof is prudent.
6. In the house of the righteous is much treasure:
but in the revenues of the wicked is trouble.
7. The lips of the wise disperse knowledge:
but the heart of the foolish doeth not so.
8. The sacrifice of the wicked is an abomination to the LORD:
but the prayer of the upright is his delight.
9. The way of the wicked is an abomination unto the LORD:
but he loveth him that followeth after righteousness.
10. Correction is grievous unto him that forsaketh the way:
and he that hateth reproof shall die.
11. Hell and destruction are before the LORD:
how much more then the hearts of the children of men?
12. A scorner loveth not one that reproveth him:
neither will he go unto the wise.
13. A merry heart maketh a cheerful countenance:
but by sorrow of the heart the spirit is broken.
14. The heart of him that hath understanding seeketh knowledge:
but the mouth of fools feedeth on foolishness.
15. All the days of the afflicted are evil:
but he that is of a merry heart hath a continual feast.
16. Better is little with the fear of the LORD than great treasure and trouble therewith.
17. Better is a dinner of herbs where love is,
than a stalled ox and hatred therewith.
It is only by the grace of God that I have been blessed with such a special man.
He is my true love, the beating of my heart, the man I admire - he is my home.
My heart is so full of joy and gratitude to have seven years with my darling.
I am my beloved's, and my beloved is mine.
Song of Solomon 6:3a
Have a blessed Lord's Day, sweet friends!
* * * * * * *
A nation that does not honor its heroes,
will not long endure.
They fell, but o'er their glorious grave
Floats free the banner of the cause they died to save.
Francis Marion Crawford
Thank you to the men and women who have and still continue to fight
for our country and our blessed freedom.
It is because of YOU that we enjoy the freedom that we do.
Who kept the faith and fought the fight;
The glory theirs, the duty ours.