Wednesday, June 04, 2014

Wishes, Dreams, & Other Things - Guest Blogger

Dear Ida from
 is the guest today and I'm so glad she was able to contribute to my blog.
Ida always amazes me with her beautiful photography that she shares on her blog.
She has said to me that she doesn't know what she's doing, but loves taking pictures.
Well, from the looks of her photos she seems to know exactly what she's doing :)
Ida seems to have a gift and I hope you're able to visit her blog to see what I am talking about.

* * * * * * * * *

Hello friends.  
Today I have the privilege of being a "Guest Blogger" over on Stephanie's blog,  

When she put out a post asking for people to volunteer posts 
so she could take a bit of a break from blogging in June I thought that it sounded like a great idea.  
I decided that I wanted to talk about something that means a lot to me.  
My love of Cats.  
Anyone who's ever visited my blogs knows that we have cats, 6 of them in fact. 

I've always had cats for as long as I can remember.  
My very first cat was named Boots and he was a black and white cat 
with (white "boots") on his feet.  
I believe I was about 6-7 at that time.

Many cats have come into my life over the years but there is one "special" cat that stands out.  
His name was, Trouble.  
We got him in the summer of 1994 just as my husband was working on a remodel of our home. 
I had went to ShopKo to do some shopping and there was a little girl there with a box of kittens 
that they were giving away.  
He caught my eye right away as he had a pretty red bow tied around his neck and the biggest eyes.  
They just melted my heart.  
I knew that I had to have him so I called & yes,  "Begged" my hubby to let me get him.  
You see I'm actually allergic to cats so he wasn't to thrilled with the idea but eventually he gave in 
and said to bring the cat home but he was going to be nothing but,  "Trouble" 
hence that's how he got his name.



Sadly I don't have (digital) photos of him so this picture of a picture will have to do.  
He was a gorgeous cat with a gentle spirit.

He became ill about a year after we got him and the vet told us he only had 1 functioning kidney 
and would need to be on a special diet of food.  
We had to grind up cooked chicken and rice along with scrambled eggs 
and some Vitamin C powder and that's what he ate.  
However at some point his fur started falling out and his skin was turning black 
so back to the vet he went.  
The Vet determined that he had a Protein allergy to the eggs so they were eliminated from his diet.


Now you might be wondering just what was so special about this cat 
other then how beautiful he was. 
Well you see in January of 1998 my dad passed away suddenly at the age of 77.  
It was a huge shock to our family as all of his siblings had lived well into their 80's & 90's, 
one living to be 101, so we were totally unprepared for his death 
at such a young age in comparison to the rest of his family.  
Each of us dealt with his death in our own way.  
Mine was finding comfort from this cat.  
Whenever I felt sad or upset I knew that he would be there for me unconditionally.  
There was just something about him that helped ease me through that first year without my dad.

Then in 2000 Trouble became ill again with diarrhea 
that we could no longer control with medication
 and one day I was in talking to him as he lay on the bed 
and I knew in my heart it was time to let him go.  
A few weeks later when he started vomiting and such we took him to the Vet 
and made the tough decision to have him put down. 
Even to the very end he was loyal to me and tried his best to purr for me 
just before the doctor came in to give him the shot.  
I didn't stay in the room with him as I knew I couldn't but my hubby did 
and we buried him out back along with his most cherished toy, a stuffed dinosaur that he loved.

It is my strong belief that God sent this cat into my life for this very reason, 
to help ease the pain and lose I felt over my dad's death. 

I had wanted to make this a super fun post with lots of silly cat photos and cartoons etc...
but after thinking and praying about it I decided this was exactly what God wanted me to say. 
I hope that it brought you peace and comfort if you are going through a rough time to know 
that even in those times God is there for you.  
Sometimes in very unexpected ways.


Trouble Krause 1994-2000
We shall be reunited someday.

21 comments:

Denise said...

Such a very, very sweet post. Trouble was really beautiful.

Julie Corbisiero said...

What a very special cat Trouble was all the way to the end!

Maureen @ Josephina Ballerina said...

Hi Stephanie, I follow Ida's blog and she's here today, so I found you. What a beautiful blog you have, what a wonderful Savior we have.
Ida, this post touched my heart. I always say that I will know I am really in Heaven when I see my crazy-loved cats, Kirby and Magic waiting for me at the gate!

Sally in WA said...

Ida - you made me cry reading about Trouble. I, too, have that one special cat that went to the Rainbow Bridge many years ago. Not every pet has that super connection to us, but it seems like there is always one that stays in our hearts and minds. Thank you for sharing the story of Trouble.

Sally in WA said...

Ida - you made me cry reading about Trouble. I, too, have that one special cat that went to the Rainbow Bridge many years ago. Not every pet has that super connection to us, but it seems like there is always one that stays in our hearts and minds. Thank you for sharing the story of Trouble.

Debbie Harris said...

Ida, your post and your love for your very special cat has touched my heart deeply. Such personal love the Savior has for us. His ways really are not our ways, are they? His are far greater than anything we can do for ourselves.
I needed this heartfelt message today, I believe that is why the Lord directed you to share what you did. Thank you.
Have a beautiful blessed day, Debbie

Beth said...

A lovely post!

Elizabethd said...

Lovely! There is something so very empathetic about a cat.

living from glory to glory said...

Hello, I also love kitties and have a cat that is fat and very sure of herself. May you always have a tender heart to the Lord and for His creation!
Miss, Roxy

Heather{Our Life In a Click} said...

So sweet! Loved reading about Trouble!

J Bonafilla said...

What a super post, Ida, so very touching and sincere. I'm sure Trouble was sent to help you through such a tough time: your very own kitty angel. He looked like a very handsome feline, and I'm sure he's got a place in heaven too. All the best, Bonny

Gert said...

Trouble was so pretty! We had a cat "Gemini" who looked so much like him! My love!!

Blessings,
Gert

Blackberry Lane said...

Trouble was a beautiful cat and very special. God sends different people and pets into our lives to give us comfort. My cat Kaboodle was of great comfort to me when my mom passed away.

Blackberry Lane said...

Trouble was a beautiful cat and very special. God sends different people and pets into our lives to give us comfort. My cat Kaboodle was of great comfort to me when my mom passed away.

Vicky Hunt said...

Such a sweet post...:) Trouble was such a pretty cat...love his big eyes! Thanks for sharing your story.

Blessings, Vicky

Jan Tanis said...

What a special story about your friend and special cat. I'm certain too, that God sent your Trouble to help you. God sent me a Pup named Benny to help me too.

~Blessings,
Jan ♥

Debbie said...

this is a beautiful entry ida and such a special, tender story!!

they are your family, so you love and respect them in that way. i think the images are beautiful!!

Sugar Cookies to Peterbilts said...

What a very sweet friend you had in Trouble. I would like to hope that everyone knows the unconditional love of a pet at some time during their life.

Conniecrafter said...

It is amazing the joy that our pets can bring to out lives, another wonderful blessing from God :)

Valerie said...

How sweet. What a lovely post. Hugs to you, Blessings and Sunshine, Valerie

Leslie Miller said...

What a beautiful post, Ida. I can relate to this in so many ways, so it has touched my heart very dearly. You know how I love cats, dogs, all critters, and nursed our Marvin through his final and very difficult days. My first cat was also named Boots. I was 5 years old. Boots didn't live long as he fell prey to one of our Boxers. Probably an accident, but my heart was broken. I guess it's my earliest memory of loss.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...