Sunday, July 13, 2014

A Soldier Of The Cross

Thou therefore endure hardness,
as a good soldier of Jesus Christ.
- 2 Timothy 2:3 -


Am I a Soldier of the Cross?
Am I a soldier of the cross? 
A follower of the Lamb?
And shall I fear to own His cause
Or blush to speak His name?

Must I be carried to the skies
On flow'ry beds of ease,
While others fought to win the prize
And sailed thru bloody seas?


Are there no foes for me to face?
Must I not stem the flood?
Is this vile world a friend to grace,
To help me on to God?

Sure I must fight if I would reign-
Increase my courage, Lord!
I'll bear the toil, endure the pain,
Supported by Thy Word.

I'm not ashamed to own my Lord,
Or to defend His cause;
Maintain the honor of His Word,
The glory of His cross.
- Isaac Watts -


HIS BEST
God has His best things for the few
Who dare to stand the test,
God has His second choice for those
Who will not take His best.
And others make the highest choice,
But when by trials pressed,
They shrink, they yield, they shun the Cross,
And so they lose His best.

I want in this short life of mine
As much as can be pressed
Of service true for God and man-
Help me to be Thy best.
I want among the victor-throng
To have my name confessed,
And hear the Master say at last-
'Well done! you did your best.' "
- Unknown -


Watch ye, stand fast in the faith,
quit you like men, be strong.
- 1 Corinthians 16:13 -

Have a blessed Lord's Day, sweet friends!

22 comments:

Blackberry Lane said...

Thank you, dear Stephanie. God bless you and your family.

Vicky Hunt said...

What a lovely way to start my day! Beautiful words and photos. What kind of tree is this? It is so pretty with those sunny yellow blooms! Love the one with the bee...:) Have a blessed Lord's day my friend.

Hugs, Vicky

Jan Tanis said...

What a lovely post - Great photos, too. I love "His Best". Have a wonderful day!

Hugs,
Jan

Sola Scriptura said...

Thank you for this beautiful post. I always look forward to visiting your blog on Sundays :)

Bethany Carson said...

Beautiful hymns and verses! I enjoyed the photos!

Nina said...

Wonderful encouragement Stephanie ... I love the bee-photo - a great illustration of keeping up the good work - day jn and day out!
Blessing to your weekend, and loads of glimpses of joy and sunshine to your week,
Nina

Sarah said...

Wonderful post! So very encouraging. : )

-Sarah

White Lace and Promises said...

What a beautiful post, Stephanie. Have never heard either of those, but was praying along these lines last night.

Sylvia said...

I haven't heard those before, I hope to do my best! Love your photo's.

Deborah Montgomery said...

I have to admit, dear Stephanie, sometimes this is hard. I guess that's the point though, isn't it? May we all be given grace to be strong and courageous. Blessings to you, Deborah

Sherri B. said...

Thank you sweet friend for sharing these precious words with us. Good things to ponder on this, the Lords day. xo

Anne Payne said...

Always love your Sunday posts. I was reading Spurgeon this morning! And your photos are beautiful.
{{hugs}}

Valerie said...

What a lovely post for this precious Sunday. Blessings to you my friend, Valerie

Jackie said...

Look at the gorgeous yellows you have going in all those photos!
You inspire me so much....with your sweet spirit and your loving Words that you share from His Word.
Many hugs to you,
Jackie

Debbie Harris said...

Oh Stephanie, this was a wonderful, thought provoking post, and those photos... Just beautiful!
Thank you for these words. :-)
Love you!

JES said...

Thank you... Just lovely.

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Stephanie, I love this old hymn! I must say that it means FAR more today than it did when I was younger! Such richness in the words, and I so love the poem too. It is hard, but in the end, may we strive to honor Him. Thank you for sharing these and the beautiful photos! Hugs, precious friend!

Maureen @ Josephina Ballerina said...

Convicting words, indeed.

Conniecrafter said...

Oh my these pictures are just Beautiful, showing off all of God's wonderful creations!!
I like that last poem, I long to hear God tell me that I have done my best and he is proud of me :)

Jazzmin said...

These beautiful, powerful words were such a meaningful reminder to me of the importance of being a soldier for the Lord and never denying him, but instead speaking boldly of his greatness! And I am in awe of your glorious captures, dear friend. The photo of the bee was such a treat to see, and is such a summery photo.

Thank you for this post.
I hope you are having a wonderful Monday♥

Love to you,
Jazzmin

Mindy Whipple said...

I always enjoy the SUnday hymns and the lovely pictures that go with!

Amy said...

This was very beautiful, Stephanie! Very encouraging... Such strong faith!

We have been getting a lot of rain here, how bout you all? It's been raining and then flooding and raining some more. (And it's still raining)

I guess when you pray for a soaking rain, God answers!!
God is so Good!

I hope you have a wonderful week!

Hugs,
Amy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...