Sunday, July 20, 2014

Face To Face

As for me, I will behold Thy face in righteousness:
I shall be satisfied when I awake with Thy likeness.
- Psalm 17:15


I MET THE MASTER FACE TO FACE

I had walked life's path with an easy tread
Had followed where comfort and pleasure led;
And then one day in a quiet place
I met the Master, face to face.

With station and rank and wealth for a goal
Much thought for the body, but none for the soul;
I had thought to win in life's mad race,
When I met the Master, face to face.

I had built my castles and reared them high,
Till their towers pierced the blue of the sky,
I had vowed to rule with an iron mace,
When I met the Master, face to face.

I met Him and knew Him, and blushed to see
That eyes full of sorrow were turned on me;
And I faltered, and fell at His feet that day,
While all my castles melted away.

Melted and vanished, and in their place
I saw nought else but my Master's face;
And I cried aloud: "Oh, make me meet
To follow the path of Thy wounded feet."

And now my thoughts are for the souls of men,
I've lost my life, to find it again.
E'er since that day in the quiet place
I met the Master, face to face.
- Unknown -


Some day, when fades the golden sun
Beneath the rosy-tinted west,
My blessed Lord will say, "Well done!"
And I shall enter into rest.

Chorus
And I shall see Him face to face,
And tell the story - saved by grace;
And I shall see Him face to face, 
And tell the story - saved by grace.
- Fanny J. Crosby -


Have a blessed Lord's Day, lovelies!

* * * * *

Joining sweet JES at. . .

Strangers and Pilgrims on Earth

26 comments:

Blackberry Lane said...

A beautiful Sunday Morning post, Stephanie. Fanny Crosby's lyrics are so sweet.
God bless you and yours today.

Bethany Carson said...

Loved the poem--so beautiful and true. The quotes and photos are awesome! May the Lord bless you with a glorious day!

Maureen @ Josephina Ballerina said...

Oh, my dear, you have prepared my heart for this morning's church service.
Which, if I don't get a move on, I'll not make!
Bless you, Love you.

Debbie Harris said...

Oh, dear Stephanie, this touched my heart so beautifully this morning, thank you!
The words of that poem make one to ponder on in this life that can become quite full of many things.
May my Savior, be honored and pleased with all that I do for Him.
Have a glorious Lords day!
Love you!

Betty from My Irish Cottage Home said...

I agree a beautiful post for today. Thank you. Hope you are having a wonderful day.

magnoliasntea said...

What a beautiful song! Fanny Crosby's songs are truly inspired.
Have a great Lord's Day.

A Daughter of the King said...

I love your worshipful Sunday hymns and photos. Thank you!

Billie Jo said...

Lovely thoughts shared from a lovely lady! : )
Have a wonderful Sunday, Stephanie...
Quiet here...Steve is working on cleaning the porch and the girls and I are headed to the grocery store. : )

Debbie said...

a beautiful poem/song, i so enjoyed it!!

and oh the blooms, gorgeous...my favorite color!! have a wonderful sunday!!

Robyn said...

Beautiful lyrics and images, Stephanie. Have a wonderful Sunday, sweet friend. Hugs!

Simply Linda said...

Beautiful..thank you for the smiles..have a Blessed remainder of a Sunday.

Vicky Hunt said...

What a beautiful song and photos too! Such sweet little lavender blooms! Hope you have a blessed Lord's day as well.

Hugs, Vicky

donna said...

Such a beautiful post. Thank you so much Stephanie.
Hugs
donna

Vee said...

What a day that will be when I see His face and I look upon the One Who saved me by His grace... Amen!

Valerie said...

Dear Sweet Friend,
What a lovely poem. Your sweet blog is always such a blessing to my soul. I love the words of Fanny Crosby. She sure wrote some beautiful lyrics. I hope your weekend was fabulous! Blessings and sunshine, Valerie

Deborah Montgomery said...

thank you, dear Stephanie, for these words tonight and your beautiful photos. I'm reminded to shut my laptop and open the Word.

Sola Scriptura said...

Beautiful pictures! Psalm 17:15 is now on my mind, thank you for sharing this.

Sola Scriptura said...

Beautiful pictures! Psalm 17:15 is now on my mind, thank you for sharing this.

Anonymous said...

I wept when I read your post Sunday. You splashed a few drops of living water on my dry and arid wasteland.
Balaam's Ass

JES said...

As always, so inspirational!

living from glory to glory said...

Morning, I have been saying how my walk with the Lord must be face to face! But seeing His hand move is always so wonderful also!
Thinking of you!!
Roxy Hugs...

Debby Ray said...

Amen and amen! Beautiful post fill with such wonderful truth! As I was reading, the song "Then I Met the Master" kept playing in my mind...thank you for this lovely post!

pinks said...

Such a peaceful and thought provoking post- the poem starts making me think of actually meeting our God, and even though you kind of think about it sub-consciously you dont think about it seriously and its quite frightening sometimes even unreal, but it is real and with that comes such a joy that is unexplainable. Thank you for sharing this Stephaine hope you are having a good week :)

The Mayo Family said...

Thank you for sharing this!

I will never think of this song when I don't think of the time when I was 8 or 9 and Daddy did a devotional at our church and read this song and related it to how we always have to be ready to meet the Lord at any time!
Love the picture...how do you get the lovely writing on it like that???

Hope that you had a blessed day!
Love~
Maggie

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Stephanie, what a beautiful poem, and I LOVE this Fanny Crosby hymn! I am humming it now and remembering when my dad used to sing it! Now HE is face to face with His Savior! Thank you for your beautiful photos and this wonderful Lord's Day post, sweet friend! Hugs!

JES said...

Thank you for linking up with us this week! Your posts are always a blessing Stephanie! Hope yours summer is gong well :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...