Friday, August 22, 2014

Get To Know King David - Book Review

A Shepherd and A King
David lived an adventurous life.
He protected his family’s sheep from lions and bears.
He fought a giant with just a sling and stone.
He even spent years hiding from men who were trying to kill him.
And eventually, David became a great king.
But David was also a man of God.
Learn more about this hero from the Bible and his exciting place in history.
Discover what it was like to grow up in ancient Israel and then be a king of God’s people.
King David—part of the Get to Know serieswill teach you everything you need to know
about an imperfect young man whom God used to do great things!

My Thoughts
My son is infatuated with King David 
and when asked what Bible story he would like to hear he always requests King David.
My son is under 10 years old and this book seems perfect for his age group.
The book is easily understandable for younger children
and offers plenty of intriguing pictures to keep a young one's attention.
I, as a mother, even learned a few interesting facts about King David's day
that I did not know so even though it's focused more for the younger generation
the older generation can also learn from this book.

I appreciated the use of Scripture
as well the questions asked throughout the book.
I also enjoyed the highlighted words with their meanings in each chapter;
the words and their meanings give younger children something to think about 
and add to their vocabulary.

All-in-all it was an enjoyable and educational read with my son - he didn't ever want to quit.
I think any young child interested in  learning more about King David and the Bible
will have a wonderful time reading through this book.

** I was given a complimentary copy of this book from BookLook Bloggers for an honest review.
All thoughts are my own and no other compensation was received. **

About the Author
Nancy I. Sanders is the best-selling children's author of over 80 books
including Frederick Douglas for Kids.
She lives with her husband, Jeff, and their two cats in sunny southern California
and has two grown sons.
Visit Nancy's website at www.nancyisanders.com

3 comments:

Sola Scriptura said...

Sounds like a fantastic book to read as a family! Thank you for telling us about it :)

Jazzmin said...

What a wonderful book this looks like! I'm so glad you enjoyed reading it with your son. What a blessing to nurture the excitement over bible story that children have.

I feel the same way as your son- when I was younger, and still now, I was always so interested to hear the stories of David's life and adventures in serving the Lord. He was always such an interesting bible character to learn about. I love that you said that you learned some new things from this book too... I always love reading books like this even if they are written with kids in mind. There is so much to learn from them and be reminded of.

Praying you have a wonderful week, dear friend! Thank you so much for leaving me such thoughtful, caring comments. You don't know how encouraging it is to read your words and what a blessing you are, my precious friend in Christ.

My love and hugs to you,
Jazzmin

Miss Val's Creations said...

How wonderful to see books written so well for youngsters! It is a great way to get children interested in reading too. :) Have a great day Stephanie!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...