Tuesday, August 05, 2014

Lets have a. . .Book Exchange!

Good morning, dearies!
Most of you know I and many other ladies enjoy the tea cup/mug exchanges
that I host on my blog and they have become a special part of The Enchanting Rose.
Well, I have been pondering the idea of a book exchange for quite some time now
and I decided what better time to have one than right before Autumn.
The cooler days are not too far away (at least here in the mountains)
and I always like to have a pile of books to enjoy for those days inside.
So lets get our reading pile ready by having a book exchange :)
Are you game?

I always buy another book 
when I still have ten to read.


Before I go any farther with this I do want to say 
that I will be having a tea cup and mug exchange in September
so if you have been waiting for that than please know it's just around the corner.

Now back to the book exchange. . .
Let me explain how it will work or at least how I hope it works :)

1. Email me at kekepania525@gmail.com
letting me know you would like to participate in the book exchange.

2. In the email please list at least 3 -5 favorite authors and books you have been wanting.
You can list as many as you want, but please have at least 3 - 5.
The book list you give me can include anything. . .
fiction,
history,
recipe books,
devotionals,
hymnals,
vintage books,
poetry,
craft, knitting, crochet, quilting books,
even magazines will work.

Once everyone is signed up I will then email all of you a book list from another lady
and you will pick one book from her list to send off to your new friend.
So when you get your book you will be somewhat surprised
and the longer your book list is the more surprised you'll be.
Am I making sense so far?
Email me with any questions you might have and I will gladly answer them.

3. When you email me letting me know you want to join
please include your mailing address as well.

4. Also in your email please let me know if you are okay with overseas shipping.
It's not a problem if you're not able to do overseas shipping - just let me know either way.


The exchanges in the past have always been filled with plenty of fun
and many of those who participated have met sweet friends along the way
and I am hoping the same happens with this exchange.
From the last two tea cup/mug exchanges I hosted
I have made two precious friends that I am still corresponding with.
One lady is all the way from Australia :)
So I hope you join, dear ones. 
You will have a wonderful time!


The sign up for this exchange will end at midnight on Friday, August 15th.
I will email all of you over the weekend letting you know who you are buying for.
You will then have a week to get the package ready
and have it shipped off by Monday, August 25th.

All you have to do is purchase a book from the list you are given,
but you can also add extra goodies with your package, if you so desire.
The extra goodies are not necessary.

Questions?
Email me at kekepania525@gmail.com


Once again. . .
email me to let me know you want to join the book exchange,
include your mailing address and let me know if you're okay with overseas shipping,
and give me a list of at least 3 - 5 favorite authors and books you have been wanting.
That's it!
This exchange is open to everyone around the world
and you do not have to have a blog to participate!

I will have a linky up on my blog a few weeks after the books have been sent out
so that we can share with everyone our new treasures.
For those of you that don't have blogs you can send me a photo of what you get
and I will add it to my blog post.

You can also spread the word by adding the picture below to your sidebar.
Just right click on the picture and click 'save image as.'
Add this link to the photo:
http://theenchantingrose.blogspot.com/2014/08/lets-have-book-exchange.html


Let the fun begin :)
Have a blessed day, friends

* * * * *

Some books you read.
Some books you enjoy.
But some books just swallow you up,
heart and soul.
- Joanne Harris -

22 comments:

Debbie Harris said...

Oh Stephanie, this sounds wonderful!
You can count me in! :-)
I love the way you are doing it, and yes it will be a surprise for sure as to what you may receive.
This is going to be a delight.
Bless you today!
As always, your photos are stunning!

Anne Payne said...

Sounds like another fabulous exchange! I know y'all will be greatly surprised and pleased with your books. Maybe I will be able to catch the teacup exchange in Sept. This month is just too pressed for me to take on anything new. Love you, sweet friend!

Francine said...

This is so exciting! If I wasn't at work right now, I would probably have squealed. :)

Vee said...

It sounds like so much fun that I wish I could join in. I so enjoyed the beautiful photos with vintage books. Very nostalgic...

Ivy and Elephants said...

What a fabulous idea! I love the idea of a surprise and a new friend!
Hugs,
Patti

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

That is a wonderful idea for an exchange! You'll have such fun with this one! Sweet hugs, Diane

Debby Ray said...

First of all I want to tell you that your photos are SO lovely on this post! I love old books and I love taking photos of them even more...simply beautiful! This is truly a wonderful idea :)

SarahGeorge said...

What a lovey way of exchanging sweet friendships! I wish I could participate! :)

Denise said...

Sounds lovely and your photos of old books make it even more enticing.Thank you for Your comment and visit,always nice to hear from You.Hugs-Denise

Mrs. Smith said...

You are always a wellspring of great ideas AND beautiful pictures! Pinning from your post today and hope that you have a wonderful day! :)

Sandra said...

I'm in! What a great idea, Stephanie. I'll email you as soon as I come up with a list of books.

camp and cottage living said...

Stephanie
What a neat idea! I bet it will be a big success.
If I can participate I'll get back to you soon.

CelestinaMarie@SouthernDayDreams said...

Dear Stephanie, this is a wonderful idea and I know all who participate will enjoy a special time making a new friend and receiving a book.
I wish I could participate at this time, but I am just too pressed with obligations to do so this month. I would love to try for your teacup exchange next month however.

Have fun and be blessed my friend.
Hugs

kitty said...

This sounds wonderful, Stephanie, but I'll wait for the teacup exchange in September. I know you all will enjoy this exchange, too.

Patty Sumner said...

What a wonderful idea. I love to read but I usually buy and load on my kindle..I hope all goes well as I know it will.. Blessings!

Vicky Hunt said...

This sounds like such fun Stephanie. If it wasn't the busiest month of the year for me, I would have to participate. If it goes well and you do it again, I will try to join the fun. I can't wait to hear all about it!

Blessings, Vicky

Debbie said...

Such a wonderful idea!! Your books and images of them, are gorgeous!!

Stamping With Bibiana said...

just stumbled by coincidence into your blog...it is so pretty and romantic. love the idea of teh book exchanging and all the quotes on your side bar are fabulous too...nice and original blog...I am mostly a a card maker
greetings form california
bibiana

Simply Linda said...

What a great idea. However, I will have to pass on the book exchange. (kind of tapped out due to book fees & other fees for school)--however, I am looking forward to the Tea Cup exchange. Blessings

lynn said...

Have to pass but will be on the tea cup wagon.
Have a great day.

Deborah Montgomery said...

Oh yay! sounds like fun!

Julie Corbisiero said...

Hi Stephanie, what a fun idea for a book exchange but I have to pass on this one. Wishing you fun and success with it.
Julie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...