Sunday, August 24, 2014

Sing Praise To God

I will praise the LORD all my life;
I will sing praise to my God as long as I live.
Psalm 146:2


Sing Praise To God Who Reigns Above
Johann J. Schutz

Sing praise to God who reigns above, the God of all creation;
the God of pow'r, the God of love, the God of our salvation;
with healing balm my soul He fills, and ev'ry faithless murmur stills:
To God all praise and glory!

The Lord is never far away, but, thru all grief distressing,
an ever-present help and stay, our peace and joy and blessing;
as with a mother's tender hand He leads His own, His chosen band:
To God all praise and glory!

Thus all my toilsome way along I sing aloud Thy praises, 
that men may hear the grateful song my voice unwearied raises,
be joyful in the Lord, my heart! Both soul and body bear your part:
To God all praise and glory!


The LORD reigns, let the earth be glad;
let the distant shores rejoice.
Psalm 97:1

Sing unto the LORD, for he hath done excellent things:
this is known in all the earth.
Isaiah 12:5


Rejoice in the LORD, O ye righteous:
for praise is comely for the upright.
Psalm 33:1

O LORD, thou art my God;
I will exalt thee, I will praise thy name;
for thou hast done wonderful things;
thy counsels of old are faithfulness and truth.
Isaiah 25:1


Christianity is not a theory or speculation, but a life;
not a philosophy of life, but a living presence.
This realization can turn any gloom into a song.
S.T. Coleridge


Praise Him! praise Him! 
tell of His excellent greatness!
Praise Him! praise Him!
ever in joyful song!
Fanny J. Crosby

I will also praise thee with the psaltery, even thy truth, O my God:
unto thee will I sing with the harp, O thou Holy One of Israel.
Psalm 71:22


Have a blessed Lord's Day, dear friends!
May we worship the Lord with voice and instrument!


Linking up with:
Strangers and Pilgrims on Earth

a-wise-woman-builds-her-home

21 comments:

Jeanna said...

Have a very blessed day and week Stephanie.

Sylvia said...

Beautiful Stephanie, I love the black and white! Have a blessed day!

Debbie Harris said...

Praise His Holy name! This was a glorious post and such honor to our Great Majestic God.
Your photos were amazing, that piano is so beautiful.
Thank you for this.
Blessings to you

Sola Scriptura said...

Yes, let us sing our praises to the Lord! This is beautiful, Stephanie.

Bethany Carson said...

Lovely photos, verses, and quotes!

Chel @ Sweetbriar Dreams said...

Beautiful words and photos Stephanie. Very uplifting. xx

Vicky Hunt said...

Beautiful my friend. Are those peonies? I have often wished I could grow them in Florida. They are such gorgeous blooms! Have a blessed week.

Hugs, Vicky

Maria said...

Beautiful uplifting words and photos with piano and lovely flowers! Take care and blessings to you, hugs!

Beatrice Euphemie said...

Beautiful blessings to you, my Dear. xo Karen

Anne Payne said...

Lovely images! Really like the vintage tones. I hope you have a blessed week {{hugs}}...

magnoliasntea said...

Amen Stephanie, I think that's the main reason we are here, to give praise to our God. :) Beautiful photos. Have a great week!

Ceil said...

Hi Stephanie! This is a wonderful way to start my Monday, even though you planned it for a Sunday. Praise to God should be in my heart everyday!
Have a wonderful day :)
Ceil

Ida said...

I love Fanny Crosby hymns. Singing Praise to God is a great thing to do.

Ida said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Grantham Lynn said...

Oh what a beautiful post. Thanks for sharing. And thanks for coming by my 'tortilla soup' post! LOL. My grandson cracked me up when he said that!
Have a good week.

Deborah Montgomery said...

Beautiful post Stephanie. Hope you're having a lovely start to your week!

AnnMarie aka Vintage Junkie aka NaNa said...

Beautiful hymns, wonderful scripture! Thank you for brightening my day! Have a lovely week.

mamasmercantile said...

Beautiful and certainly uplifting. Some wonderful scriptures and quotes.

Conniecrafter said...

Joyful post, I played piano when I was a young teen, when my daughter played for awhile I would play what I could remember but we got rid of it when she no longer wanted to play, I should have kept up with it

SarahGeorge said...

Wonderful lines to meditate!! And the pictures are very beautiful Stephanie. Thank you for those uplifting words on my blog :)I'm so thankful for u my sweet friend :)

Red Rose Alley said...

Stephanie,
Do you know how to play the piano? What a special talent this is. I took lessons when I was a little girl, but never stuck with it. But to this day, I still know a couple of songs. I love your pictures with a touch of color from the flowers.

~Sheri

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...