Thursday, August 21, 2014

Sweet Peppers, Juicy Tomatoes, & Tender Steak

Good morning, dearies!
I hope all is well with you.
I love this time of year when there is so much fresh produce to choose from
and this dish is perfect for those garden-fresh tomatoes and sweet peppers.

* * * * *

Before I share the recipe can I just say
that those of you who take photos of food all the time for your food blogs
have my respect and admiration.
As you know, I would much rather bake desserts 
and I find taking pictures of sweet treats much easier.
But when it comes to taking pictures of the main course, well I fail miserably.
I don't know what it is about snapping a picture of meat and veggies,
but I just find it to be difficult. . .and often it doesn't look very appetizing in the photo :)
So hats of to you, dear friends, for taking such fabulous, yummy food photos.
You are greatly talented!

With that being said,
shall we move onto this tasty recipe. . .


My sweet hubby loves rice 
and tells me often that he enjoys most of his meals served over a bed of rice.
So I whipped up this easy and delicious pepper, tomato, and steak recipe
which is perfect for the warmer days since you don't have to turn on the oven.
You make it all in a skillet which will help keep the temperature down in your kitchen :)


Ingredients:
2 medium green, red, or yellow sweet peppers, cut into thin strips
1/2 cup chopped onion
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon cooking oil
1 pound beef ribeye steak or top sirloin steak, cut to 1/2 to 3/4 inch thick
salt
black pepper
1 can beef broth
1 teaspoon dried oregano or basil, crushed
2 medium Roma tomatoes, sliced
hot cooked rice

In a large skillet cook sweet peppers, onion, and garlic in hot oil
for about 4 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
Remove from skillet with a slotted spoon.

Season meat with salt and pepper.
Place meat in the skillet and cook over medium-high heat for about 4 minutes on each side
or until desired doneness.
Transfer meat to a dish and keep warm.

Add beef broth and oregano or basil to reserved drippings.
Bring to boiling.
Boil gently, uncovered, over medium heat for 3 to 5 minutes
or until broth is reduced.
Scrape up browned bits in pan.
Stir in the cooked vegetables, meat, and sliced tomatoes.
Heat completely through.
Spoon over hot cooked rice.

Enjoy, sweet friends!


May you have a beautiful day!

26 comments:

kitty said...

The meal sounds wonderful, my friend, and I know your hubby was happy since it was over rice. Your photos always amaze me and wish I could get your tips.
Hope you have a wonderful day in beautiful Colorado. xo

mamasmercantile said...

Looks delicious, thanks for sharing.

my cozy ❤ little space said...

lovely and sweet mmm...thanks for being a inspiration here for us bloggers...i love your blog...blessings

Sola Scriptura said...

Stephanie, you're photos turned out great and the food looks delicious! I could just eat that right now! Thanks for the recipe. Hugs to you!

Vee said...

Well you know that food photographers have all kinds of nasty tricks up their sleeves leaving the food inedible! =D

I think you've done very well!

Debbie Harris said...

Your photos always look amazing! When I'm on the computer and not my phone the photos jump out to me, like this meal. You are making me hungry and I just had breakfast. :)
I pray you have a beautiful day.
Love you, Mom

Robyn said...

I love this photo, Stephanie. The colours are bright and you used just the right colour plate with that lovely border.
Sweets are easier to photograph because they are already at room temperature and their consistency and appearance does not change with time. I would definitely photograph sweets if I knew how to bake! lol. Epic fail!
Salads are my favourite because they cooperate the best. :)
Great job, sweet lady!

Cranberry Morning said...

That looks delicious! Pepper steak is one of my favorites - and my hubby eats rice with his also. I don't. I get enough carbs throughout the day with the mixed nuts I snack on. :-))

Gail Dixon said...

There is nothing wrong with these photos! Looks very appetizing to me. My husband will love this recipe. Thank you so much!

Julie Corbisiero said...

Hi Stephanie, this is the type of recipe that my family would love. I like that you use steak instead of sausage! Have a wonderful weekend.
Julie

Beatrice Euphemie said...

My Mr. loves rice, too - this is perfect for him! Thank you for sharing and I think your photos are very good - I wish I could take a bite! xo Karen

Simply Linda said...

Thanks for the smiles, Stephanie, I just made this the other night. Old recipe my mom had. Blessings

Maggie Ann said...

That looks good! We like rice like this also. I try to have lots of chicken...but I think your recipe would work with chicken also. =)

josephinaballerina said...

I am a pretty good cook and have read many a recipe. But Your Way of writing a recipe makes it so accessible. Even a Very Beginner Cook could make that tasty dish.

And as far as your Main Dish photos go, well, all I can say is the photo on My Blog today is a toad!

Janneke said...

That recipe sounds delicious and your photos of the meal look beautiful. I think it´s very difficult to make pictures of food, I´ve never tried it only of teatime cakes.

Vicky Hunt said...

Well, I think your photos are great because they certainly have me wanting to try this meal. It looks delicious! My hubby would love this as well, so I am pinning it and will make it soon. Thank you for sharing...:)

Blessings, Vicky

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I love rice, too and make a dish similar to this. Always yummy! We like a little low salt soy sauce sprinkled on top! Hugs!

Deborah Montgomery said...

This looks delicious, Stephanie, and I think you did a great job taking pictures. We would love this, except in our family, people like everything over mashed potatoes! I think rice works better with this recipe, though!

Big Rigs 'n Lil' Cookies said...

This sounds delicious, I will have to put it on our menu lineup. After, I get to the farmers market for sure. As healthy as our pepper plants appear, we aren't getting any peppers! So disappointing.

Poppy said...

An appetizing dish, and beautiful food styling and pics! Thanks for sharing, Stephanie, and hope you savour the weekend!

Poppy

Danni@SiloHillFarm said...

I think your photos are lovely! Good enough to make me hungry for this recipe right now! Wonder what Sam would think if he woke up to steak and peppers for breakfast this morning??

Ida said...

Yum! Your food looks delicious. This is the type of stuff I enjoy eating.

Camille said...

Mmm...my boys love anything with steak in it! Your photos are wonderful...don't know what you are talking about. :) Hugs, Camille

Ceil said...

Hi Stephanie! Your husband is one lucky guy!
I like that this is done in a skillet so the kitchen doesn't heat up. It's been a very hot and humid few days here, so this would be a hearty and 'cool for the house' recipe.

Hope you are enjoying your summer my friend. Have a great weekend!
Ceil

CelestinaMarie@SouthernDayDreams said...

Hi Stephanie, what a delicious meal you prepared. It looks so good and your pics are wonderful.
The perfect light summer meal to keep the kitchen cool.
Thank you for sharing the recipe.

Have a wonderful weekend.
Hugs and Blessings

Conniecrafter said...

MMMM, that sounds delicious and it would be great for in the winter too when you don't want to grill out but would like a steak dish, tfs!
Have a great weekend.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...