Sunday, August 31, 2014

'Tis So Sweet To Trust In Jesus

That we should be to the praise of his glory, who first trusted in Christ.
In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth,
the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed,
ye were sealed with that Holy Spirit of promise.
Ephesians 1:12, 13

In connection with this whole mission there are glorious possibilities,
but one cannot, in the face of the peculiar difficulties, help say,
"Who is sufficient for these things?"
But with simple confidence  and trust we may and do say,
"Our sufficiency is of God."
Louisa  M. R. Stead


'Tis So Sweet to Trust in Jesus
Louisa M. R. Stead

’Tis so sweet to trust in Jesus,
And to take Him at His Word;
Just to rest upon His promise,
And to know, “Thus says the Lord!”


O how sweet to trust in Jesus,
Just to trust His cleansing blood;
And in simple faith to plunge me
’Neath the healing, cleansing flood!


Yes, ’tis sweet to trust in Jesus,
Just from sin and self to cease;
Just from Jesus simply taking
Life and rest, and joy and peace.


I’m so glad I learned to trust Thee,
Precious Jesus, Savior, Friend;
And I know that Thou art with me,
Wilt be with me to the end.


Refrain
Jesus, Jesus, how I trust Him!
How I’ve proved Him o’er and o’er
Jesus, Jesus, precious Jesus!
O for grace to trust Him more!


O Child of God, wait patiently,
When dark thy path may be;
And let thy faith lean trustingly,
On Him who cares for thee;
And though the clouds hang drearily
Upon the brow of night,
Yet in the morning, joy will come
And fill thy soul with light!
Unknown


Have a blessed Lord's Day!

* * * * *

And may you have a wonderful Labor Day, sweet friends!


20 comments:

Simply Linda said...

What a beautiful post, just like you, beautiful. Smiles & Blessings

Vicky Hunt said...

Beautiful words and photos from a beautiful lady...:) Hope you have a blessed Lord's day sweet friend.

Hugs, Vicky

magnoliasntea said...

One of my favorite songs - I love the words because they are so true. Thank you for sharing and have a wonderful day worshiping our Lord and Savior. :)

My cozy ✄ little space said...

lovely...

Sola Scriptura said...

What a beautiful song! I hope you have a lovely holiday weekend, Stephanie.

Debbie Harris said...

This wad a beautiful post, dear Stephanie. I love that hymn, and it is glorious to trust in our Jesus.
Your flowers, wow, lovey!
Cute little cartoon, happy Labor day to you as well.
Enjoy this Lords day.
Love you, mom

mamasmercantile said...

Once again a beautiful and uplifting post.

Valerie said...

Dear Stephanie,
I am getting caught up on my blog reading today, I have missed visiting you here. =) What a lovely hymn for today. So glad to have Jesus as a friend...to be still and know that all is in his hands.
Blessings, Valerie

Ceil said...

Hi Stephanie! It is so wonderful to put my trust in the Lord! But honestly, I have to work on that day by day. I am a stubborn one.

Best of blessings on your holiday weekend. (Love the background music...so peaceful!)
Ceil

Mehrll said...

Such a beautiful post. Lovely photography and a song that is so necessary to remember in days like these. When things threaten, we can just trust the One who knows the future and has it under His control. Thanks for the lovely reminder.

Mary said...

One of my favorite hymns. Beautiful post today.

Teri said...

Dear Stephanie ... such a lovely post that you have shared. Thank you. Blessings & Hugs ♥ Teri

Susan said...

Tis indeed sweet to trust in the Lord, Stephanie.

Oh, and the piano music is lovely, too. Susan

Carol Z said...

Hope you had a sweet Sunday and are having a great Labor Day weekend. Hugs and happy wishes!

Rita said...

Thanks for that beautiful song!

Ida said...

Another of my favorite Hymns...I'll be singing that today. Cute little picture below and also I have written down the book (in the post below) to see if our library has it.

Conniecrafter said...

I love that hymn... your vintage image at the end with the verse is too cute. Hope you enjoyed your weekend!

Maria said...

Very wonderful uplifting message with lovely photos! Happy Labor Day to you! May you have a fabulous week filled with blessings, hugs!:-)

pinks said...

Such an encouraging verse :) How precious is Jesus' name <3 Stephanie what beautiful photos of that lovely purple flower- its so delicate! Also I love the new music you have playing when entering the blog! I'd love to do that too! I might try and fiddle with it :)

CherylQuilts said...

Ah, Stephanie, this is an extra special post for me today! It's such a reminder that Jesus is all I need. No matter the pain or struggles, He is more than enough...and always with me! Praise God! SDG! Thank you for sharing these wonderful reminders to keep focused on Him! Hugs, my sweet friend!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...