Friday, September 12, 2014

Book Exchange Link-Up

Well, the first ever book exchange took place a month ago
and now it's time for those that participated to link up.
The book exchange was a blessing to me
and I hope it was a joy to the other ladies as well.
I am hoping this exchange is the beginning of many more in the near future :)
After all, who doesn't love a good book?

Okay, let's get started. . .

Sandra, a kind lady who I met through a previous tea cup/mug exchange on my blog
had my name and she gave me Prelude for a Lord 
which I have been wanting for quite a while.
I am eagerly looking forward to reading this book
and have an idea it's going to be a good one :)
Thank you so much, Sandra, for the wonderful surprise!



I sent a book to Christy and added a few little "extras."
The book I chose for her sounded amazing 
and I was so tempted to read it before I sent it off to her - isn't that just awful!
I didn't, but decided I needed to find out more about this author
so thanks to Christy, I now have several books added to my "must read" list :)
Here is what I gave her. . .


Hot tea is always nice while reading a good book.


There were a few ladies that participated that do not have blogs
so I will share the photos of what they received.

Betty was given a lovely package of goodies from Deborah.
She even included a tea cup that is very beautiful
and look at those wonderful vintage books!


Diane received a wonderful crochet book from Melinda
along with some pretty yarn.


Jen got this beautiful package from Betty.
And another stunning tea cup - look at the pretty handle!


Sarah was given this delightful quilt book and beautiful fabric from Pamela.
Here is what Sarah said,

"I received a lovely pink package in the mail from Pamela. 
From the feel of it, I could tell it was a book plus some surprises!  
Upon opening it, I discovered a beautiful copy of the newest edition of 
"Quilts! Quilts! Quilts!" which was the title I had hoped for!  
Only I had used the original edition before, and had no idea they came out with updated ones.  
I will be putting it to good use this coming winter, 
for I have quite a stash of scraps to use up.  
I piece all my quilt tops on my antique treadle machine, 
and this new book has some great patterns, tips, and COLOR pictures!  :)  
Along with the book, Pamela included two gorgeous note cards
 (with photos of quilts on them, of course :) )
 and two lengths of gorgeous pink coordinating fabric...
one with roses on it and the other with a pretty vine design.  
I already have an idea for the quilt I'll work those into... :)  
Many thanks to Stephanie for hosting this book exchange 
and to Pamela for the sweet and thoughtful package!  :)"


Thank you, ladies, for joining and participating in the fun!
Enjoy your new books.

For those with blogs, please link up below by adding the direct link to your book post.
Have fun visiting the other participants.

Have a delightful weekend, friends!

* * * * *

Missed out on this exchange?
No worries. . .the long-awaited tea cup and mug exchange 
starts next Tuesday, September 16th.
Come back then and check out the details.

19 comments:

NanaDiana said...

What a fun and great idea, Stephanie! I just saw a post from Debbie about it, too. LOVE the package you got! xo Diana

Elizabeth said...

Lovely idea. Are you including other countries?

vic said...

This is such a great idea :)
Have a lovely day
Hugs
Vic x

Deborah Montgomery said...

Thank you again for hosting Stephanie, this was lots of fun. (Did you recognize that pretty tag I sent Betty?) I'm looking forward to participating in the teacup exchange. Blessings to you, have a lovely day.

Francine said...

Thank you for this fun exchange, Stephanie!

Debbie Harris said...

This was such fun, Stephanie, and you always do such a beautiful job with your exchanges.
I too am looking forward to the tea cup exchange. :-)
Three ladies are all so giving, and I love to see the beauty of how their packages are put together.
What a joy this was, thank you again.
Love you, mom

camp and cottage living said...

Congrats son the success of your book exchange.
The ladies all received such sweet packages!

mamasmercantile said...

Some really beautiful packages, such great fun. Have a lovely weekend.

Rita said...

Great, great idea!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I'll write down a list of these books. I love Kate Morton...she's one of my favorite authors! Hugs!

Julie Corbisiero said...

Hi Stephanie, it looks like you had a nice book exchange and look all the books everyone received. It looks like it was a success! You really are great at organizing all of your exchanges. Have a wonderful weekend.
Julie xoxo

Camille said...

I am sure everyone had a lovely time doing your book exchange, Stephanie. You are a sweet blessing to many. Hugs to you! Camille

Maureen @ Josephina Ballerina said...

Hi Stephanie!
I loves seeing what everyone got. Felt a little like Christmas. :)
On your recommendation, I just got Flight of the Sparrow out of the library. Looking forward to some good bedtime reading!
Happy Weekend, dear :) m & jb

Sandra said...

It's been fun Stephanie and we should do this again! Who doesn't love getting a book in the mail?

Thanks for hosting, you're the best!

Miss Val's Creations said...

What a fun swap! Everyone's package is divine.

Kristin said...

Kate Morton is a captivating author! You must try her books. I read The Secret Keeper in January 2013 and I was hooked. I've read her other 3 books now and I'm waiting for her 5th which is still untitled and due to be released in April.

Lady Linda said...

You always have the best ideas. I don't want to miss out on the tea cup exchange! I'll be looking forward to it.
Very interesting exchange...great idea.
Love ya,
Linda

Simply Linda said...

Like I just told Francine, COOL BEANS! Looking forward to your tea cup/mug exchange.Blessings

Christy said...

Thanks again for another wonderful swap! I loved seeing all the different types of books everyone received. I now have several new books on my wish list. Seems like that list is always growing. I will watch for details about the mug and tea cup swap.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...