Sunday, September 21, 2014

Never Give Up


Never be sad or desponding if thou hast faith to believe;
Grace, for the duties before thee, ask of thy path will be clear.

What if thy burdens oppress thee; what tho' thy life may be drear;
Look on the side that is brightest, pray, and thy path will be clear.

Never be sad of desponding, there is a morrow for thee;
Soon thou shalt dwell in its brightness, there with the Lord thou shalt be.

Never be sad or desponding, lean on the arm of thy Lord;
Dwell in the depths of His mercy, thou shalt receive thy reward.

Chorus
Never give up, never give up,
Never give up to thy sorrows, Jesus will bid them depart.
Trust in the Lord, trust in the Lord,
Sing when your trials are greatest, 
Trust in the Lord and take heart.
- Fanny J. Crosby -


When Trials Come
When trials come no longer fear
For in the pain our God draws near
To fire a faith worth more than gold
And there His faithfulness is told
And there His faithfulness is told

Within the night I know Your peace
The breath of God brings strength to me
And new each morning mercy flows
As treasures of the darkness grow
As treasures of the darkness grow

I turn to Wisdom not my own
For every battle You have known
My confidence will rest in You
Your love endures Your ways are good
Your love endures Your ways are good

When I am weary with the cost
I see the triumph of the cross
So in it’s shadow I shall run
Till He completes the work begun
Till He completes the work begun

One day all things will be made new
I’ll see the hope You called me to
And in your kingdom paved with gold
I’ll praise Your faithfulness of old
I’ll praise Your faithfulness of old.
- Keith and Kristyn Getty -


May we never give up, dear friends.
There is victory in Jesus our Lord!
Have a blessed Lord's Day!

* * * * *

Linking up with:
Strangers and Pilgrims on Earth

29 comments:

Sola Scriptura said...

One of my favourite quotes is this:
“Never, never, never give up.”
― Winston Churchill

Bethany Carson said...

Amen! Great message and awesome photos with the verses. Jesus gives us the victory!

mamasmercantile said...

Such wonderful pictures to go with such uplifting words.

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, dear, Stephanie, I just love when God sends a message that is extra special (and needed) at just the right time! His time is always right, and this post has been of great encouragement to me. Never give up in the midst of pain. Thank you for sharing this beautiful song and wonderful photos! I so love every song that the Gettys do, and this one is particularly encouraging me today! Hugs, sweet friend, and a blessed Lord's Day!

Marta said...

Hello from Spain: a great message. We must not give up. We must always look forward and strive for our goals. Keep in touch

Simply Linda said...

Another great post. Thanks Stephanie, needed to see this today. Blessings

A Daughter of the King said...

Be still my heart! Beauty, beauty, beauty -- and truth reside in this post. God bless you Stephanie!

Julie Corbisiero said...

Hi Stephanie, what a beautiful saying and gorgeous photos of the dear. Wishing you a nice Sunday!

My cozy ✄ little space said...

just lovely the post and also the music...my blog has some bugs..but i try to comment...blessings sister

Mehrll said...

Beautiful post. Really enjoy the poetry. It is strange that I almost put the words, "Never give up! at the end of my post this week. Time is too short to give up now. We've come too far to quit. Thanks for a lovely post.

Big Rigs 'n Lil' Cookies said...

Beautiful! Hope you are a having a wonderful day.

Darla Mae said...

Just what I needed to hear today...thanks!

Darlene

Diane said...

oh, thank you for the words of encouragement. I will have an appmt with a surgeon soon to discuss my pd catheter surgery. I am not far from dialysis now, my kidneys get weaker every month. I will need his strength to manage life from then on.

Debbie Harris said...

I am late getting here to your Sunday post. God knew the exact time I would need this message, and I cannot tell you what a sweet blessing it has been to my heart.
I loved what Mehrll said, " time is too short to give up now. We've come too far to quit." Boy, are those words aimed right for my heart and sent from God!
Stephanie, this was beautiful and absolutely perfect for me. :)
The photo's of the deer...WOW!!
What a shot you captured.
Much love to you, Mom

Blackberry Lane said...

Beautiful words and photos, Stephanie. I hope you and your family enjoyed a nice weekend.

Mindy Whipple said...

So thankful for His love that endures and the confidence that comes from Christ alone. Love your Sunday words and pictures!

CelestinaMarie@SouthernDayDreams said...

Dearest Stephanie, This is such a beautiful post. Love the pics you share and the lyrics for Never Give Up is what my heart needed to read as I end my Sunday.
Thank you for always being a blessing and sharing your spirit. God has truly shown favor upon upon you!!
Have a great week.
Love to you!

Andrea Ostapovitch said...

A lovely and uplifting post. I hope you are enjoying the season.

Jen Ham said...

Such a lovely post Steph. I wish I could say this to my brother in law. He gave up. He was in a dark dark place. This lifts me up tremendously! Thank you dear Steph! xo Jen

tinttarus said...

Thank you for this,I really needed all these powerful words in my very this moment while waiting to go to doctor with my broken bone. Never giving up Is the thougt I reach right now.
Have a bleiseri week!

tinttarus said...

...my i pad erotettu herätä or his own words ...
I ment to say have a blessed week.

Anne Payne said...

Never Give Up...Beautiful lyrics and so timely today. {{hugs}}

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

This is a lovely, encouraging post.

Thank you ~ FlowerLady

Jedidja said...

Thank you for the wonderful, engouraging words. Beautiful photos. Super.

Monika MW said...

Stephanie, thank you, thank you very much for wonderful words,. Lovely post and the music. Hugs to you.

Debby Ray said...

What a beautiful message in this post, Stephanie. The photo of the dear is breathtaking and the words only add more beauty. Thank you for this!

Ida said...

This was truly beautiful. Inspiring words and the photos of the deer were wonderful. Where did you shoot these?

Conniecrafter said...

in the midst of pain I sometimes forget that I need to just lean on God to lift me up, great words here and I just love those photo's you captured, the deer look great against those purple flowers!

SarahGeorge said...

Dearest Stephanie,
This post, spoke to me the moment I read on the day you posted. Such a graceful post. Thank you Stephanie :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...