Friday, September 05, 2014

The Berenstain Bears Blessed Are The Peacemakers - Book Review

Most of the cubs at Bear Country School get along most of the time.
But when rivals are cast opposite each other in the school play,
Romeo and Grizzliet, Brother and Sister Bear have to decide
if they should mind their own business or get involved as peacemakers
to save the performance.


My Thoughts
I grew up reading The Berenstain Bears books
and now as a mother I enjoy reading these beloved books with my young son.
I appreciate the good lessons presented in the books
and I love how the newer publications are focused upon the Lord
and have a biblical message for the kids as well as for the parents.

In Blessed are the Peacemakers Brother and Sister Bear
prepare for the school's play which includes two groups that don't always see eye-to-eye.
Brother and Sister Bear come between these two groups
and are great examples of being peacemakers.
In this book, the lesson of turning from evil and doing good,
seeking peace and pursuing it is presented in a manner
that all ages can understand it and be inspired to be peacemakers themselves.

My son has asked his dad and me to read this book almost every night
because he enjoys it so much.
This is a wonderful character building story with the beloved Berenstain Bears.

** I was given a complimentary copy of this book from BookLook Bloggers for an honest review.
All thoughts are my own and no other compensation was received. **

About the Author
Stan and Jan Berentsain introduced the first Berenstain Bear books in 1962.
Mike Berenstain grew up watching his parents work together
to write about and draw these lovable bears.
Eventually he started drawing and writing about them too.
Though Stan died in 2005, and Jan in 2012,
Mike continues to create the delightful Bear adventures from his studio in Pennsylvania,
in an area that looks much like the sunny dirt road in Bear Country.

8 comments:

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Only just found these book Stephanie here in Oz and bought them for my great nephew.. thought they were great.. thanks for sharing, Shaz in oz.x

Sola Scriptura said...

What a great book for any child!

Anne Payne said...

Loved reading these to my children! They're so colorful and fun :)

Marta said...

Hello from Spain: lovely book. Keep in touch

Mindy Whipple said...

Love these books! Our, now grown, daughter has a collection of the books from when she was young. The messages are so good and the bears are so cute : )

Little Birdie Blessings said...

My daughter has fond memories of these books, and like you, reads them to her children. I'm pleased with the new tone of the books. So happy their son took this over. Thanks for the review.

Conniecrafter said...

We have a few of these books in the 2-3 year old nursery at church, I think this would be a good addition to the library :)

Red Rose Alley said...

Oh my gosh, I've never seen this one, Stephanie! Do you know that I used to read The Berenstain Bears to my kids when they were little? And I've never parted with these books, they are still with me to this day. I must read this one sometime.

love,
~Sheri

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...