Sunday, September 28, 2014

The Solid Rock

Life with Christ is an endless hope;
without Him a hopeless end.
- Anonymous -


My hope is built on nothing less
Than Jesus' blood and righteousness;
I dare not trust the sweetest frame,
But wholly lean on Jeus' name.

When darkness veils His lovely face,
I rest on His unchanging grace;
In every high and stormy gale
My anchor holds within the veil.

His oath, His covenant, His blood
Support me in the whelming flood;
When all around my soul gives way,
He then is all my hope and stay.

When He shall come with trumpet sound,
O may I then in Him be found,
Dressed in His righteousness alone,
Faultless to stand before the throne.

Refrain
On Christ, the solid Rock, I stand-
All other ground is sinking sand,
All other ground is sinking sand.
- Edward Mote -


For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid,
which is Jesus Christ.
- 1 Corinthians 3:11

The Christ
He is a path, if any be misled;
He is a robe, if any naked be;
If any chance to hunger, He is bread;
If any be a bondman, He is free;
If any be but weak, how strong is He!
To dead men life He is; to sick souls health;
To blind men, sight, and to the needy, wealth;
A pleasure without loss, a treasure without stealth.
- Giles Fletcher, Jr. 1588 - 1623 -

Have a blessed Lord's Day!

* * * * *

Linking up with:
Strangers and Pilgrims on Earth

23 comments:

Blackberry Lane said...

Good Sunday Morning, Stephanie. Beautiful photos to go along with the reassuring words of this hymn. Hope the week ahead is full of many blessings!

magnoliasntea said...

This is one of my favorite hymms!
Have a wonderful Lord's Day.

Sola Scriptura said...

Such beautiful words! This is one of my favourite hymns. Thanks for sharing!

Terra said...

Powerful words, and true. This is one of my favorite hymns and we sing it in my church at least once a month. "On Christ the solid rock I stand".

Marta said...

Hello from Spain: great message. We always have to keep hope. Jesus guides us on the right track. Keep in touch

mamasmercantile said...

You too have a great day, very beautiful words.

Deborah Montgomery said...

everything else is shifting sand . . . how very true. There is only one Rock.

Mehrll said...

There is no other secure place to anchor our hope than in Jesus' name. I truly enjoy reading your blog and the way you honor Christ with your posts. Hugs.

Natalie said...

So thankful for the faithfulness of Christ! Thanks for sharing and have a blessed Lord's Day!!

Debbie Harris said...

Wow, Stephanie, this was a wonderful post because on my phone your book review came up as well. It has never done that before. :-)
Well, it tied in with the fact that" Christ is our solid rock in which we stand" , and we must look to Him in all things.
That book sounds like a must read!
May I pick it up tomorrow? :-)
My Sundays are always blessed visiting you here.
Thank you for the beautiful words today.
Much love, mom

Katie R. said...

Wonderful words! I always love these posts. :-) Have a very blessed Sunday, Stephanie!
~Katie@ liliesofgrace.blogspot.com

Jazzmin said...

Sweet and beautiful is this to my soul, dear friend!! Oh how I have loved in all my years growing up being reminded of these amazing words- God is our Rock.
Beautiful photograph, as always! It reminds me of a huge rock that I saw at the base of a mountain we hiked in Colorado in July. It looks like the same rock. I'm trying to remember now if I took a picture of it. So much incredible, giant geological beauty to gaze at in your home state. I am forever awed by the rocks and the cliffs and mountains that tower above.

Hugs to you, Stephanie!
Love to you and wishes for you to have a blessed week!
~Jazzmin

Conniecrafter said...

Love that first quote, one of my favorite songs!! Have a great week!

Laura said...

One of my most favorite hymns, Stephanie! Thank you so much for blessing my morning!

Hugs,
Laura

Ceil said...

Hi Stephanie! I hope you had a blessed Sunday. I really tried to relax and take a breath...the last day of my blog-break. I do trust that God has given me the clarity to start back to writing again, and on him I will stand firm!

Happy Monday :)
Ceil

Maureen @ Josephina Ballerina said...

Good Monday morning my dear!
I find myself singing that song's refrain a lot. It just shows up and I start singing.
((hugs)) m & jb

Debby Ray said...

Love the words of this old hymn and also love how they have used it in contempory worship songs as well...a timeless message to be sure!

amy @ Life in Pink Hi-Tops said...

That is one of my favorite hymns. Blessings.

Vicky Hunt said...

Love this Stephanie...such a lovely old hymn! I love your beautiful photography as well. You are so talented. Have a blessed week.

Hugs, Vicky

donna said...

Wonderful sweet Stephanie. Thank you so much for sharing.
Much Love,
donna

Ida said...

Another great hymn so beautifully presented. Can I ask what photo program you are using to create these in?

Liz Hockamier said...

What a beautiful post! Thank you!
~Liz

JES said...

I just love how perfectly your photos fit your messages! Thank you for sharing these "Sweet Sunday Sermons" ...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...