Sunday, October 19, 2014

When The Roll Is Called Up Yonder

  1. Behold, I show you a mystery;
  2. we shall not all sleep, but we shall be changed,
  3. in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump;
  4. for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible,
  5. and we shall be changed.
  6. 1 Corinthians 15:51, 52


  1. When the trumpet of the Lord shall sound, and time shall be no more,
    And the morning breaks, eternal, bright and fair;
    When the saved of earth shall gather over on the other shore,
    And the roll is called up yonder, I’ll be there.
  2. On that bright and cloudless morning when the dead in Christ shall rise,
    And the glory of His resurrection share;
    When His chosen ones shall gather to their home beyond the skies,
    And the roll is called up yonder, I’ll be there.
  3. Let us labor for the Master from the dawn till setting sun,
    Let us talk of all His wondrous love and care;
    Then when all of life is over, and our work on earth is done,
    And the roll is called up yonder, I’ll be there.
    • Refrain:
      When the roll is called up yonder,
      When the roll is called up yonder,
      When the roll is called up yonder,
      When the roll is called up yonder, I’ll be there.
      - James M. Black -
    • There is a land of pure delight,
      where saints immortal reign;
      Eternal day excludes the night,
      and pleasures banish pain.
      - Isaac Watts -
    • Have a blessed Lord's Day, friends!
    • * * * * *
    • When I took these photos one evening I did not see the silhouette in the picture below
      until I uploaded the pictures onto the computer.
      Can you guess what the silhouette is?

16 comments:

Nina said...

Such a beautiful reminder of the day, when we'll be together with the Lord... Thank you Stephanie!
I will be praying for Amy's son - may he be found - and peace for Amy and Roxy,
Love from Nina

NanaDiana said...

Beautiful images. That song was my father's very favorite hymn and the first song I learned to play on the piano. It was played at his funeral and that was heartbreaking and bittersweet. xo Diana

sweetvintageofmine said...

Oh how I remember that song as a young girl at church! Such beautiful memories...thank you! I love the old hymns....the new praise and worship songs are wonderful...but there is something deep about the old hymns. Blessings~~~Roxie

Marta said...

Hello from Spain: beautiful song. Great words. Nice pictures. I was in church this morning. Keep in touch

Leticia Justus said...

Praying ! Please send us a quick Post if he is found !

Maureen @ Josephina Ballerina said...

Any word??? Praying.

Simply Linda said...

{{Praying}} Please keep us updated when you can.

Sola Scriptura said...

Beautiful song!
I've been in prayer much of today for the missing boy. Please keep us updated.
Hugs,
Lauren

Mehrll said...

Beautiful pictures, precious blog with the song we so often sing and do not stop to remember what the words mean. I think that is a silhouette of a bird in the picture with a long beak. Will be praying for the lost boy. God knows where he is.

Terra said...

That is favorite and very powerful hymn of mine. Is that a bird in the last photo?

Bethany Carson said...

Beautiful verses, lyrics, and photos! My guess would be a bird as well.

Debbie Harris said...

Such wonderful words to this hymn, Stephanie. I've always enjoyed singing this hymn. I long for the sound of the trumpet to sound, when I am called up yonder to be with my Jesus, and loved ones. Then to glory in my Saviors resurrection, what a praise!
Your photos are stunning, and I believe I see... maybe an eagle? For sure a bird. :)
God has been good and gracious to hear the prayers of His people for this lost boy.
Much love, Mom

Shoregirl said...

Such BEAUTIFUL pictures! The colors are so vibrant. The song you chose compliments them perfectly!

Ariƫlla said...

Thanks, I love your photos.

Big Rigs 'n Lil' Cookies said...

Maybe that silhouette is of a hummingbird?

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, sweet Stephanie, such breath-taking photos and such a wonderful hymn that has always been one of my favorites and grows dearer as I get older! Yes, when the role is called, I'll be there...because of what Christ has done for me!! Praise God! So thankful that Amy's son and his grandma have been found...praise God again! And, yes, I believe that's a precious bird!! How amazing and sweet! Hugs, my precious and wonderful friend! You continue to bless us all in your blog posts!! I thank God for every remembrance of you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...