Sunday, November 23, 2014

Giving Thanks For The Blessings In Life

Now therefore, our God, we thank thee,
and praise thy glorious name.
- 1 Chronicles 29:13 -

* * * * *

"This is the day {Thanksgiving} which Americans set aside to reflect
on the blessings of God which have been showered on us in the previous year.
All other holidays, even Christmas and Easter,
can be skewed into a non-Christian meaning, but not Thanksgiving.
Historically, it was a time to give thanks to God for the bountiful harvest.
and while there are those to whom we should give thanks for particular favors, 
there is only one to whom we can give thanks for the blessings of life.
Nothing else makes sense."
- John D. Morris -


We thank Thee for the morning light, for rest and shelter through the night,
For health and food, for love and friends, for all Thy goodness sends.

Our God is great, our God is good, and we will thank Him as we should.
By His great hand we all are fed; He gives our daily bread.

We thank Thee for the summer breeze, for song of birds, for shade of trees,
For stars that glitter in the sky we thank Thee, Lord on high.
- Shelly Hamilton -


Count your blessings, name them one by one,
Count your blessings, see what God has done.
- Johnson Oatman, Jr. -

Dear friends, our lives are full of God's blessings.
We can easily look at the negative things taking place around us and in our lives,
but the blessings of God outweigh any problem we face.
The fact that we can have eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord
is the biggest blessing of all - a blessing that we should give thanks for every day.
To have everlasting life with the one true God that loves each and every one of us 
more than we'll ever know, that daily shows grace and mercy,
and that desires only the best for His children is a precious blessing!

O Lord, You've been so good to me;
You've always been so good to me;
My heart can never thank You enough.
To think of all You've done for me,
The victories that You've won for me,
My heart can never thank You enough.
- Frank Garlock -


God enjoys blessing us, sweet friends, but what about us blessing Him. . .

Come bless the Lord, ye servants of the Lord
Who stand by night in the house of the Lord.
Lift up your voice in the holy place,
And bless the Lord.
Come, bless the Lord.

Come bless the Lord, ye servants of the Lord;
Praise His great name in the heaven and the earth.
The Lord is good; He deserves our praise;
So praise the Lord,
Come, praise the Lord.


Let us come before the Lord with Thanksgiving in our hearts
and while we're praising Him for the blessings in our life
let us also bless Him with our hearts of gratitude.

Praise God, from Whom all blessings flow;
Praise Him, all creatures here below;
Praise Him above, ye heavenly host;
Praise Father, Son, and Holy Ghost.
- Thomas Ken -


May you have a joyous Thanksgiving, friends!

O give thanks unto the LORD,
for he is good; for his mercy endureth forever.
- Psalm 107:1 -


Have a blessed Lord's Day!

* * * * *

I will not be posting on the blog during this Thanksgiving week
{ well, you might see a book review or two }
 I will "see" you next week :)

My heartfelt thanks to Kitty for the beautiful pumpkin that you saw in the pictures.
Yes, she made it - isn't it lovely? 

Love and hugs to you!
Have a very Happy Thanksgiving.

38 comments:

carolann said...

Amen to you for the meaning and scriptures. from Carol Ann.
Canada

Happy Thanksgiving. Very pretty also
your talented pieces you did..

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving. Blessings to you and your sweet family. Warm hugs, Diane

My cozy ✄ little space said...

lovely friend as always, such inspiration and beauty..thanks for sharing...loves soraya

Cranberry Morning said...

This is a wonderful post, Stephanie, reminding us all of the many blessings we have in Jesus our Lord!

magnoliasntea said...

Beautiful verses, Stephanie! Yes, even in the midst of a problematic society we have much to be thankful for. The Lord reigns and He is our King. Have a wonderful Lord's Day. :)
p.s. Happy Thanksgiving, too!

Debbie said...

the pumpkin is lovely!! enjoy your time, thanksgiving is a great time to relax and reflect!!!!

Tori said...

What a lovely post!! This is a great reminder of how blessed we are and how all of the glory goes to God.
BTW, I just found your blog, and it's simply lovely. I followed you so I'll be back!!

Mari said...

Happy Thanksgiving! Yes, we have much to be thankful for.
I did notice the pumpkin and thought it was very cute!

Mehrll said...

Beautiful post as usual. We all have much to be thankful for. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving Day. Hugs.

kitty said...

What a lovely post, my friend, full of praise and Thanks for Our Heavenly Father. I am thankful for your friendship. xo

Debbie Harris said...

Beautiful, both in the words you shared as well as your Thanksgiving display in your photos is quite lovely.
Oh the wonderful grace of Jesus!
I am rejoicing in Him with a thankful heart for so very much.
To God be the glory!
Love you Mom

Sylvia said...

Hi Stephanie, I want to wish you and your family a very happy Thanksgiving! Love this post, we have so much to thank God for!
Hugs, Sylvia

Shoregirl said...

So many things to be thankful for...not the least of which is sweet blogging friends!
Wishing you and yours a Happy Thanksgiving!

Maryann said...

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Deborah Montgomery said...

Thank you for sharing all these expressions of gratitude. We are indeed blessed.
Have a wonderful Thanksgiving Stephanie, and enjoy a little blogging break.

Sola Scriptura said...

Have a very happy Thanksgiving!

Beatrice Euphemie said...

Beautiful post, my friend - such lovely scriptures reminding us of the true meaning of Thanksgiving. Wishing you a wonderful Thanksgiving surrounded by the love of family and friends and the bounty of our heavenly Father. Much love, xo Karen

Crown of Beauty said...

What a wonderful thanksgiving post this is, and such heartwarming photos as well. I can sense a sweet spirit behind the words... it is a delight for me to be here this morning. Praying that our Father will shower your heart with deep joy during this thanksgiving week. Shalom, Lidia

Poppy said...

Defining, delightful, and declarative words to live by every day, and especially to be honoured on this upcoming day of thanks, accompanied by charming, little gems.

Happy Thanksgiving, Stephanie.

Hugs,
Poppy

Sandi said...

"there is only one to whom we can give thanks for the blessings of life."


Amen!

Robyn said...

Such a beautiful Thanksgiving post,Stephanie. We truly are so fortunate and it's important not to dwell on the difficult moments but to remember that they define us.
Have a wonderful holiday with you family, sweet friend!

Ceil said...

Hi Stephanie! A joyous Thanksgiving to you and yours my friend! And the Lord is our 'one true' gift on this wonderful day of thanks. You are so right! May he show me the way to gratitude and peace.

Blessings!
Ceil

Vickie @ makingoursustainablelife.com said...

This is a wonderful post with beautiful words! I also love the music. Thank you. Have a joyous, memorable and blessed Thanksgiving!

A Joyful Cottage said...

Hi Stephanie. Thank you for visiting my blog and for your sweet comment. I'm glad you introduced yourself, for it brought me here. Your blog is lovely and serene, a sanctuary that glorifies God. Your testimony and your love story attest to God's faithfulness. Thank you for your thoughts on blessing God. It's a wonderful reminder to me. He's so worthy. Hugs, Nancy

Mindy Whipple said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family Stephanie. I am thankful for your kind and giving heart!

Debby Ray said...

A beautiful post, Stephanie...I couldn't help but go back to my childhood when I read the prayer that starts out "God is great, God is good...." My sisters and I said that little prayer as children. We all have SO much to be thankful for, don't we?

Norma Ruttan said...

Praise God from Whom All Blessings Flow is one of my favorite hymns. What a lovely post to embark us on the days leading to THANKSGIVING. Thanks be to God!
I wanted you to know that my lovely prizes arrived today. I love the decorative address label, which I will put in my "art" journal to savor whenever I saunter through in later days.
A blessed Thanksgiving is wished for you and your loved ones.

Amy said...

Simply Beautiful, Stephanie!

I hope you are staying warm and cozy this holiday season. It has been rather busy here and will be until the New Year.

I hope you have a blessed Thanksgiving!

Hugs dear friend,
Amy

Jazzmin said...

"All other holidays, even Christmas and Easter, can be skewed into a non-Christian meaning, but not Thanksgiving." Oh, Stephanie, what a beautiful post! And those words most of all are so wonderfully true. I had not thought of this, but how true it is. I am so thankful for God blessing us with Thanksgiving as a time to reflect that.

I love so much how you focused, too, on not just receiving blessings, but blessing God.

This Thanksgiving, I am so thankful for all of God's blessings, including you my precious friend. You are such a blessing in my life and a true friend and I am so grateful to God for you. I cannot tell you what a joy it is to know you through blogging and how many ways you have touched my heart and my life.

I pray you and your family have a very blessed and joyous Thanksgiving! I look forward to reading your posts when you return. I will not be posting this week either as I want to focus on thankfulness and making memories with my family. May you enjoy relaxing and family time and crafting or whatever you plan to do this wonderful week.

Love and hugs to you, sweet friend!
~Jazzmin

Gail Dixon said...

A beautiful post filled with God's love. You are a ray of sunshine, Stephanie! Always sharing, always caring. I will be taking a break from blogging this week, too, but I just wanted to stop by and wish you a very Happy and Blessed Thanksgiving. Enjoy your friends and family. See you next week. :)

living from glory to glory said...

Hello, This was very good, as we all know that Thanksgiving is historical fact and truth that brings us to our real roots of this country.
Giving Thanks...
Blessings, Roxy

amy @ Life in Pink Hi-Tops said...

Amen and Happy Thanksgiving!

Vee said...

Wonderful post! Amen and Amen!

Roses, Lace and Brocante said...

Dearest Stephanie
Oh I love your post today - thank you!
I agree wholeheartedly with you about giving thanks to God for all his blessings throughout the year.
The American celebration of Thanksgiving is wonderful - we don't have it here in New Zealand sadly.

I will be thinking of you all this Thursday! Enjoy your family gathering.
love
Shane xox

Conniecrafter said...

Hope you and your family enjoys a wonderful Thanksgiving, praising God for all he has done in the past year. Such lovely pictures again, how sweet of Kitty to send the pumpkin, my mom made me one years ago and I think of her every time I look at it :)

marciapilar.net said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your loved ones, Stephanie.
xoxo
Marcia

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, my precious Stephanie! Thank you for blessing us each week with some of the most beautiful photos and such beautiful poems and songs, but more importantly, God's Word! Yes, the greatest of our blessings is in salvation through Christ! What great assurance and peace we have, and I agree that it is a joy to bless His Holy Name! One of my favorite passages is from Psalm 103:1-5, "Bless the Lord, O my soul, and all that is within me, bless His holy name!" Thanking Him for His continued mercy and grace, especially this Thanksgiving! Thank you, dear friend, and may you and your lovely family have a very blessed Thanksgiving! I am so thankful that we are sisters in Christ! Warm hugs!

vintage grey said...

Wishing you a blessed Thanksgiving! Hope you had a lovely day with your family!! xoxo Heather

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...