Sunday, November 09, 2014

I Am Trusting Thee, Lord Jesus

I am trusting Thee, Lord Jesus-
Trusting only Thee;
Trusting Thee for full salvation,
Great and free!


I am trusting Thee to guide me-
Thou alone shalt lead,
Every day and hour supplying
All my need.


I am trusting Thee for power-
Thine can never fail;
Words which Thou Thyself shalt give me
Must prevail.


I am trusting Thee, Lord Jesus-
Never let me fall;
I am trusting Thee forever,
And for all.
- Frances Ridley Havergal -


Frail in health all her life, Miss Havergal one day caught a severe cold
which caused inflammation of the lungs.
When told that her life was in danger, she exclaimed,
"If I am really going, it is too good to be true!"
At another time she responded,
"Splendid! To be so near the gates of heaven."
At the very end, it is reported that she sang clearly, but faintly,
another of her hymns, Jesus, I Will Trust Thee, Trust Thee With My Soul.
Then, according to reports by her sister,

She looked up steadfastly, as if she saw the Lord;
and surely nothing less heavenly could have reflected 
such a glorious radiance upon her face.
For ten minutes we watched that almost visible meeting with her King,
and her countenance was so glad, as if she were already talking to Him!
Then she tried to sing; but after one sweet, high note her voice failed,
and as her brother commended her soul into the Redeemer's hand,
she passed away. . .


Blessed is the man that trusteth in the LORD,
and whose hope the LORD is.
- Jeremiah 17:7 -

Dare to look up to God and say,
Deal with me in the future as Thou wilt;
I am of the same mind as Thou art;
I am Thine;
I refuse nothing that pleases Thee;
lead me where Thou wilt;
clothe me in any dress Thou choosest.
- Discourses by Epictetus -


Have a blessed Lord's Day, dear friends!

* * * * * 

Linking up with:

Strangers and Pilgrims on Earth

24 comments:

Mary said...

Beautiful post this morning. Wishing you a very blessed and happy SonDay.

Cattails said...

Oh, so beautiful. Blessings to you this day.

Debbie Harris said...

This was precious, in deed! Oh to be so near to Jesus, even when our time here on this earth is nearly over.
How beautiful to always be trusting Jesus, no matter what our life holds.
I enjoyed this post, Stephanie.
Sweet blessings to you.

A Daughter of the King said...

I LOVE your worshipful and encouraging Sunday posts. Thank you!

Brenda said...

Lovely post Stephanie,
We could be in no better hands than the Lord's. Our times are in His hands and every day of our lives was written in His book before even one of them was formed.

mamasmercantile said...

Beautiful post, wishing you a great week.

Dianna said...

Hello Stephanie,

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog. I left a few words of appreciation there for you.

I have certainly enjoyed my visit here with you. Your blog is lovely! I've read what you have posted under every tab at the top. I am blessed to "follow" you. I've added your button to my blog so that others will be able to enjoy a visit here, as well.

Hugs!

Vicky Hunt said...

Such a lovely view of life. Love the line where she says "I am of the same mind as Thou art". Such a selfless lady indeed. Thanks for sharing this lovely post Stephanie. May you have a blessed and sweet day.

Hugs, Vicky

Sola Scriptura said...

What a joy it was to read this post. Thank you, Stephanie.

vic said...

Beautiful words Stephanie and such pretty photos too I hope you had a lovely Sunday
Hugs
Vic x

Mehrll said...

Gorgeous photos and wonderful post. You are so encouraging. Isn't this how we should look at death. To be with Him is my goal. Hugs. Thanks.

Blessed Serendipity said...

Beautiful. Hope you have a blessed day friend.

xo Danielle

Ceil said...

Hi Stephanie! What a beautiful story to pass along to anyone with faith. To see a person so filled with trust and love for the Lord, right down to the final minutes of her life. Wow. I hope I can be like that someday...or today!

Sunday blessings,
Ceil

Little Birdie Blessings said...

Wow, what a story. Thank you dear Stephanie for sharing this. What a sight it must have been for her sister to witness Frances' passing in such a beautiful way. Your pictures are stunning. Thank you. ~ Abby

SuperLux said...

So heartwarming! I will trust!
P.S. Even the music playing goes well with the message. Love it!

NanaDiana said...

Stephanie- What a wonderful post. I have never heard the story of Miss Havergal. It is amazing, isn't it? I thought this was a beautiful post. xo Diana

My Garden Diaries said...

Such a beautiful post! I loved the part where she expressed pure trust! What an important message for our everyday lives! Lovely week to you! Nicole xo

Ariƫlla said...

Thanks for this story!

Bobbie Lynn said...

A beautiful post Stephanie. Thank you.
Have a wonderful week.
Blessings : )

Red Rose Alley said...

These are such beautiful pictures, Stephanie. And the story touched my heart. I've never heard it before.

Have a blessed week, sweet friend.

love,
~Sheri

Maureen @ Josephina Ballerina said...

Dear Stephanie, what an uplifting story. Very much needed today (Monday). Thank you, dear.

Mrs R said...

What a lovely attitude and witness to love and hope and anticipate seeing the Lord! Thank you for sharing, Stephanie!

Conniecrafter said...

This post brought tears to my eyes just thinking of that time when I will meet my Lord and Savior, to be able to witness that in someone must be a very moving moment. Hugs to you

JES said...

Thank you for sharing this beautiful encouragement and history on the Art of Home-Making Mondays! Please join in again this week :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...