Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Roses For The Holidays

Good morning, sweet friends!
How are you on this fine Wednesday?
So far this week has been filled with warm sunshine
unlike last week when we had beautiful, but cold snow falling from the sky.

Speaking of last week, I wanted to share with you these incredible
and I do mean incredible roses that I received last week.
I wish I could literally share them with you because they smell heavenly
and they look like I grew them right in my very own garden.
Although if I personally grew them they would not look this nice
because I unfortunately have a brown thumb - so sad.

Anyway, let me show you these roses. . .
By the way, these amazing beauties are from The Bouqs.
Okay, enough chit chat - prepare to be "wowed!" :)







Didn't I tell you these roses were incredible?!
Their sweet scent is delightful
and has filled my bedroom with a subtle and beautiful fragrance.
And remember how I said I received them last week?
Well, they still look like I just picked them fresh from the garden today.
The previous pictures were taken last week on the day they arrived
and here is a picture from today - seven days later and still going strong.

{ seven days after delivery }

My sweet husband surprises me with roses quite often from our local grocery store
and they always, always, always die within six days or less.
Plus they never look as healthy as these.

I have never received a bouquet of flowers from an online company - have you?
To be honest, I have heard some pretty bad stories about people ordering flowers online
only to have paid a ridiculous amount of money and gotten pitiful flowers 
that lasted maybe a couple of days.
When my roses arrived from The Bouqs 
they were wrapped up very delicately yet very well in a sturdy box.


Remember, these roses were delivered to my door when we were having a snow storm.
The day they arrived the high temperature was 22 degrees.
I was worried that the cold would have a bad effect on them,
but I believe the care and detail that The Bouqs put into wrapping up the blossoms
made a big difference and the roses arrived in perfect condition.


When I opened the box I could already smell the lovely fragrance of the roses.
I do believe I was smiling the entire time I unwrapped these pretties :)


There was some gel on the end of the stems so as instructed 
I snipped the ends off and also removed the lower leaves.
Do you see how green and healthy the leaves are?


Then, I arranged all 24 roses in a vase
and have been enjoying them ever since.


The roses I got are called Dawn and are a beautiful, vibrant orange color.
The bottom side of the roses have a yellow and pink color 
and some of the petals are streaked with a soft green.
The petals have a unique scalloped edge and make quite a lovely statement
in any room of the house.


If you have not visited The Bouqs 
than I would encourage you to take a peek at their wonderful floral arrangements.
A lot of their bouquets are grown in South America right on the side of a volcano.
How neat is that?!
The arrangement I received came from South America - maybe that's why they're so amazing.
You know what else is fantastic. . .
This lovely company offers free delivery on all of their blossoms.


My dear friends, the holidays are upon us and it's the perfect time to make a beautiful statement
in your home or as a gift to friends and family with a spectacular arrangement of flowers.
Like I said, my roses still look pretty and fresh after a full week.
I believe that if you order a bouquet from The Bouqs
you will come to the conclusion that it was money well spent.
What are you waiting for, lovelies, head on over to The Bouqs
and begin brightening up your day or a loved ones day with flowers. :)


One other thing. . .
The Bouqs offers a Concierge Service where you can schedule flowers to be delivered
on certain days of the year and by using this service you can save up to 25% at times.


Hugs to you, friends!

The Bouqs sent me these roses in exchange for an honest written review. }

54 comments:

Janneke said...

These roses are really wonderful. I like the difference of colour in only one flower, amazing. The name 'Dawn' for an orange rose is not familiar to me, I will find out, because it is gorgeous!

Shoregirl said...

Breathtaking roses and photos! I love the color! You certainly have an eye for photography and showcasing your beauties!

NanaDiana said...

Those are absolutely gorgeous, Stephanie!!! I can't believe they are mail order. xo Diana

vic said...

These are just beautiful Stephanie I'm sure they smell amazing :) had to laugh over the brown thumb I'm the same :)
Huge hugs
Vic xx

Vee said...

Wow! I am impressed...that is a gorgeous color!! Will you dry them when they are spent?

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Stephanie, what absolutely gorgeous roses! They are amazing, and I agree that roses deepen in color as the days pass and become even more beautiful - much like our lives, I believe, as God works in them! What a beautiful gift and such a wonderful reminder of the beauty (just the little bit) that God has given us here on earth. I can only imagine how much more beautiful heaven will be! Warm hugs, dear friend! You've delighted me, and it's always a joy to stop by!!

Cranberry Morning said...

Those are just gorgeous, Stephanie! I love that beautiful coral color.

Bobbie Lynn said...

Gorgeous roses Stephanie. I love the color of them and they are so perfect for this time of year. Thanks for sharing the site. I like your table runners too.
I just saw your post with all your hand made items. So beautiful. You are creative and I love the way you did your tags. I need to keep that in mind for a few of my gifts.
Enjoy your day.
Blessings!

Happy Cottage Quilter said...

Wow! The roses are gorgeous!! My son sent me a mini rose plant once, but he thought he was sending roses :-( It didn't matter, it was the thought that counted.

Mehrll said...

I think those are the most gorgeous roses I have ever seen. I truly love the color.

kitty said...

Wow that is one bouquet of gorgeousness, my friend! They are a lovely shade and how wonderful to enjoy them for such a long time! Love to you!

Sandi said...

Breathtaking!

I've never seen flowers shipped like that before.

Debbie Harris said...

Those truly are quite beautiful, Stephanie. I love the scalloped edges.
I like that this Bouqs has a concierge service. I am certainly going to make that useful especially over the holidays. Why not have my orders ready early so as not to forget. :-)
Your photos are always breath taking.
Much love!

mamasmercantile said...

Beautiful roses, I wish I could smell the fragrance of them.

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

Gorgeous! I love the last photo! xoox

Ariƫlla said...

I love your roses. They are so beautiful.

annepayne said...

Those are spectacularly exquisite Roses, Stephanie! Wow. I am going to hop over there and take a look at their products. Thanks for sharing these beauties :) {{hugs}}

Bethany Carson said...

The roses are extremely beautiful! Thank you for sharing them with us Stephanie! Blessings to you!

Red Rose Alley said...

Oh Stephanie, these are gorgeous roses! The color is simply lovely. I think my favorite picture was the second one of the single orange rose against your white doilie. That one really caught my eye. So nice of your husband to always get you flowers. I have always thought that flowers were the magic in our lives.

Happy Thanksgiving to you, dear Stephanie. I think I will buy some fresh flowers for Thanksgiving. :~) We all need them to brighten our homes.

love,
~Sheri

Judy at GoldCountryCottage said...

Hi Stephanie, those roses are really beautiful. I checked out the website and the prices seem reasonable. In fact, we always send our daughter and SIL an arrangement for their anniversary, and that is really expensive!!. I think I will try this next time..Happy Wednesday..Judy

Debby Ray said...

Wow...you are right...they are just stunning! That is one of my favotire colors in a rose also. The box is even gorgeous! Your photos of them are amazing as well!

Dee said...

I love roses and your roses are absolutely stunning. I'm glad you are still able to enjoy them after a whole week has gone by... :)

Betty from My Irish Cottage Home said...

I love roses and those are so pretty.

living from glory to glory said...

Hello, How lovely! We have such sweet Hubbies! God Bless, Roxy

Jackie said...

First of all, God bless your sweet husband. What a beautiful gift.
And their colors....splendid!
I wish I could smell their fragrance; I bet they make your heart smile from another room.
Thank you for sharing the beautiful photographs of them....along with the music. What a soothing blog to visit this evening.
Have a lovely remainder of the week.
Hugs,
Jackie

Maureen @ Josephina Ballerina said...

Lovely roses. Checked out their site and their prices. Think I will use them next time I send flowers. Thanks for the tip, dear!

Scrappy quilter said...

Roses are my favorite flower and these ones are incredible. Absolutely stunning.

Ida said...

Totally gorgeous roses. The color is fabulous and the curvy shaped petals are so pretty.

Mrs R said...

Stephanie, those roses look like the soft orange in early dawn (thus the name). So beautiful and especially so during a snow storm!

Vicky Hunt said...

Oh my Stephanie...these are absolutely stunning! I love the color and I can't believe how good they look after 7 days! Amazing! I have never had roses last that long. Maybe it is something to do with where they are grown. Thanks for sharing.

Blessings, Vicky

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

They are beautiful and such a pretty color! I have a vase of red roses on my table right now and after seeing your post, I went and got a ribbon to tie around the vase. I always forget to do that and it looks so much prettier! Enjoy your evening! Hugs!

Natalie said...

Oh Stephanie those roses are gorgeous! I love the color, reminds me of a rose bush I have called Joseph's Coat. But I'm afraid, I'm not very good with roses and they are not as pretty as they used to be! Thanks so much for sharing, I can almost smell them! :-)

Dayle said...

What a glorious bouquet of roses. They remain my favorite cut flower and their fragrance cannot be duplicated.

Mari said...

They are just gorgeous! I love the color.

Beatrice Euphemie said...

They are just beautiful, Stephanie - such a gorgeous color. I love the ruffled petals. Next time I send roses I will give them a try. xo Karen

Barbara Neubeck said...

... your roses are so beautiful,Stephanie.
How wonderful that your husband sends you flowers.
Hugs and blessings.... Barb xxx

Brenda said...

Hi Stephanie,
how beautiful are those roses. Strangely enough I was earlier on looking through some of my old pics and came across a picture of a rose I had taken in the garden of the last house we lived in. I wonder if they are similar type. Beautiful pictures you take.

Conniecrafter said...

those are absolutely gorgeous, love the colors and your photos are wonderful!

Anna said...

Gorgeous roses !!!!
Have a nice day !
Anna

Debbie said...

gorgeous, just gorgeous!! your photography of these roses is really spectacular!!!

Jean | Delightful Repast said...

Stephanie, it's been decades since I saw a florists' rose that had a fragrance - I would definitely like this one!

Monika MW said...

Hi Stephanie. beautiful roses, wonderful colors. I love these flowers. Hugs and blessings.

Mindy Whipple said...

Beautiful flowers and such a lovely color. I bet you were smiling indeed!

Robyn said...

Those roses are just gorgeous, Stephanie, and what a beautiful colour! Your photos are stunning. You always capture the perfection of flowers in your pretty images, my friend. Hugs to you. xoxo

Simply Linda said...

Breathtaking Beautiful!! Blessings

Valerie said...

How gorgeous! Such a beautiful bouquet.
Blessings,
Valerie

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

ah, Stephanie, superb indeed great to think they are fragrant too all too often they are not thanks for popping over every blessing, Shaz in Oz.x

SarahGeorge said...

How wonderful!! Yes Stephanie, your roses are perfect! Thanks for your sweet visits even when I could not make up! :) Happy Holidays sweet Stephanie.
Hugs
Sarah

Tassell, Tea pot, and life down under said...

How beautiful are those roses and so sweet of your hubby, giving you two dozens of beautiful roses. They must smell divine and they last a very long time.

Enjoy your week Steph.

Blessings,
Aida

Linda @ Life and Linda said...

Stephanie your roses are such a beautiful color. So many choices, it makes it difficult to pick one. Your review is so nice, expecially with your added special touches. I love how long these roses are lasting. Have a blessed weekend. xo

Michele @ The Nest at Finch Rest said...

WOW!!!! I am sooooo going to that site right now- thank you so much. Hugs!

They are absolutely STUNNING - and to this lasting roses that actually have a SCENT? That's unbelievable!

Camille said...

Gorgeous! What a lovely thing to have arrive at your door on a snowy day. Hugs, Camille

Jazzmin said...

How perfectly and wonderfully delightful I imagine it was to open that box! Aren't flowers just one of the sweetest simple pleasures of life? And how especially perfect for you, sweet friend, with your affinity for roses. These are absolutely lovely. How rich they are in color!

I loved this post so much because of the beauty you shared with us and because of how your joy came through so much. I also loved it, though, because seeing the box as you opened it reminded me of watching "I Love Lucy" and seeing her open boxes of flowers as she did a few times on the show. This reminded me of that and, in turn, of all of the old-fashioned floral deliveries that beloved wives must have enjoyed in those vintage days.

Love and hugs to you, Stephanie!
I hope you are having a blessed weekend!!

Libby said...

What a lovely bouquet! They are so perfect. I wish my computer screen was scratch'n sniff so I could smell their beautiful fragrance. Are you going to dry the petals?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...