Thursday, November 06, 2014

The Lily Stitch and An Ornament Exchange

My sweet friend, Vicky, from
is having her 2nd annual Christmas Ornament Exchange.
I joined her last year and had a wonderful time
sending an ornament and receiving one
{ you can see what I got last year from Tuula by clicking here }
The ornament exchange is a sweet blessing
so head on over to Vicky's blog and sign-up. . .the more the merrier :)
Sign-up ends this Saturday, November 8th.


I was given the most wonderful opportunity of reviewing a few items
from a delightful Etsy shop called
Gail, the owner of this shop, is kind, generous, and very warm-hearted.
She is someone who excels in her sewing 
{ her items prove her talent }
and she creates items that are not only cute,
but also usable and durable.
When you visit The Lily Stitch Gail has a lovely message of greeting,

Welcome to The Lily Stitch!!
My name is Gail. 
I've been sewing since I was young. 
Most of it enjoyable. 
I like sewing practical, everyday items 
that can be used over and over again.
I'm glad you stopped by. 
I am encouraged by it. 
If you have any questions, 
I'll do my best to help you. 
Gail

* * * * *

The first item is a wonderful tote bag
that is perfect for carrying heavy books, groceries, baby items, extra clothing, etc.
I was able to fit nine hard cover books into the bag and carry it with ease.
Not to mention Gail's sewing is flawless and was able to handle the extra weight.



The bottom of the bag is stiffened with a piece of plastic 
which is encased within its own lining.
Also, the stress points are double-stitched.
The fabric is soft to the touch and will wash nicely.
Isn't it beautiful?


Gail's baby bibs are absolutely adorable!
In fact, I wish my son was still young enough to wear one- 
I'd probably end up buying on in every color!
Yes, that's how much I like this bib :)
I am thinking all my friends and relatives who are expecting 
will be receiving a bib as a gift.


Gail's gift for sewing shines through on this bib.
The quilting is done beautifully and the button adds a playful charm
that both parent and child will enjoy.


Once again, the fabric is very soft and washes well.
Forget those plastic, uncomfortable bibs!
This lovely baby bib will last for a good while.
And the best part is that it's comfortable for babies and toddlers.


This last item is called a 'Hobo Bag.'
Have you ever heard of them?
I had not until I saw them in Gail's Etsy Shop.
It's a rather interesting bag and adds a unique look to your outfit.


Pictured below is the bag before it's snapped closed - pretty neat, don't you think?
It's fairly roomy and is a great bag for everyday use.
The fabric is a very soft cotton.
Like Gail said on her shop,
it's a one-of-a-kind bag.


The snap is embellished with a pretty fabric yo-yo and buttons.
The yo-yo matches the lining of the bag and really adds a nice pop of color.


The 'Hobo Bag' is cute, usable, and comfortable
which in my book is perfect! :)


My dear friends,
Gail offers a variety of bags, bibs, aprons, and other great items
that are made with love and care.
I can say in all honesty that she has a beautiful gift and talent for sewing.
Christmas is just around the corner
and her shop is filled with lovely items that will bring a smile to a friend's face-
maybe some Christmas shopping is in order. . .

I hope you take a peek at

Enjoy your day!

28 comments:

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

What pretty items! I'm on my way to peek in her shop! Thanks Stephanie! Enjoy your day! Hugs, Diane

Sola Scriptura said...

Beautiful items! They would all make lovely Christmas gifts!

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

What beautiful handmade items! I love your hair! xoxo

Debbie Nolan said...

Ah Stephanie your friends bag, bib, and cloak are superb! Will take time to visit her shop. That tote especially is so nice for those of us who read on the go. You had so many comments on your previous post - didn't leave a note but just want you to know I just love the wreath and bow idea. This is a must try for an inside wall. Thank you dear for sharing. Hope you have a super day. Hugs

CelestinaMarie@SouthernDayDreams said...

Hi Stephanie, what wonderful treasures from Gail. She is incredibly talented.
Love your pic with the hobo bag. You are such a doll.
Have fun with the ornament exchange.
Thank you for stopping by and your sweet comment.
Wishing you a blessed weekend.
Smiles and hugs!!
xo

Debbie Harris said...

How sweet of you to promote these lovely ladies, Stephanie.
Enjoy the ornament exchange again this year :-) I will be sitting this one out. Vicky is precious, and the ladies will surely enjoy themselves.
Gail looks like a beautiful sewer. Her things are quite nice. I especially loved her baby items.
Lots of love coming your way!
Blessings, Mom

Ariƫlla said...

Pretty thing. Love it to see them.

Miss Val's Creations said...

Gail's work is beautiful! I love the shape of the hobo bag. A great accessory. The bib is a beauty with the gorgeous quilting.

Natalie said...

She has a wonderful variety of bibs and aprons, very nice!! Thanks for sharing Stephanie. God bless!

mamasmercantile said...

Some truly beautiful items.

Kelly_Deal said...

Hi Stephanie! I just signed up for the ornament swap, sounds like fun! I also wanted to thank you for the heads up regarding the Lily Stitch, her bags are beautiful!

kitty said...

What beautiful items, Stephanie. I'll bet the hobo bag is super comfy. I like how it fits right under the arm. Thanks for sharing! xo

Vicky Hunt said...

Thanks for sharing the ornament exchange Stephanie! You are a sweetie. I like th products Gail made...the first tote bag is just so pretty. Hope you're having a blessed and beautiful week.

Hugs, Vicky

Christine said...

What wonderful items! As you say, the quality shines through!
Have a great day!
Christine

Maryann said...

These would make lovely gifts.I may have to check out the ornament exchange, sounds like fun

Mrs R said...

Stephanie, thank you for letting us know about the ornament exchange and the Lily Stitch etsy shop. Those items are so adorable. I am hoping (after we get all settled) to try my hand at sewing again. I'm not very good at it but am up for a challenge. :-)

Cattails said...

I look forward to browsing Lily Stitch etsy shop. Wishing you a wonderful evening.

Katie R. said...

Great post! I nominated you for an award over at my blog Lilies of Grace. ;-) Here is the link to the post: http://liliesofgrace.blogspot.com/2014/11/the-blogger-recognition-award.html
Have a great day!
Katie@ liliesofgrace.blogspot.com

Ashley~ said...

Love those gifts! I like her items in her shop!

My cozy ✄ little space said...

lovely friend ❤

My Garden Diaries said...

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog! Such an inspiring space you have here!!! And I have never joined one of the ornament swaps...I might give it a go this year!! I look forward to journeying along with you!! Nicole xo

Kerin said...

Hello.
What a nice blog you have here :)
I am so glad you stopped by my blog, now I can follow you as well.
I'm looking forward to reading more of your posts.

Wishing you a wonderful weekend.

K.

SuperLux said...

Beautiful collection! I especially like the blue bag.

Denise said...

Thank You so much for stopping by to visit.Always a pleasure to visit You.Your sweet spirit that You get from Our Lord Jesus, just always shines through You and Your blog. I don't sew and all the seamstresses in My family have long ago passed away so I have been wanting My very own seamstress for Years.I would love to be able to call someone on the phone and ord. what I need.It has been a pleasure meeting Your friend.Blessings -Denise

Judy at GoldCountryCottage said...

Hi Stephanie. I love the bags. So pretty and such sweet care taken, you can tell. I love the baby bib, wish I had a little baby! Your photos are very pretty. I will check out these sites..Happy Friday..Judy

Dee said...

The ornament exchange is such a lovely idea. I wish I'd known about it sooner. I'm on my way to visit The Lily Stitch. That blue tote bag has my name written all over it. Have a wonderful weekend... :)

annepayne said...

Suh-weet!!! I am loving that tote bag for books :)

And I'm so glad you advertised for Vicky about the ornament exchange. For some reason, I am getting any notifications from her blog.

Nikki said...

Thank you for sharing. :) I plan to order one of those lovely totes just as soon as I can. :) They look like the perfect thing for carrying baby supplies around in and I love the bibs!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...