Monday, December 22, 2014

Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas

From home to home,
and heart to heart,
from one place to another,
the warmth and joy of Christmas
brings us closer to each other.
- Emily Matthews -

* * * * *

Merry Christmas, my friends!
I have a cup of hot cocoa prepared just for you,
the fire is warm and delightful,
and the Christmas tree is all lit up in beauty.


As I look upon the Christmas tree branches 
I see years of sweet memories all wrapped up in each ornament. . .
they are one of my most favorites items to pull out during this season
and it would be a joy to share some with you. . .


This "cuddly" bear ornament was a gift from my Grandma Betty.
When I pulled it from its box to hang on the tree I began crying 
because I was once again reminded of my precious Grandma.
This is the second Christmas without her and I dearly miss her. . .


She also gave this cute snowman to my son when he was only 2 years old.
Grandma always liked fuzzy and cuddly critters and when she'd see one
she would always say, "Aww... isn't he cute!" with a little giggle.


My beloved piano teacher, Mrs. Collett, gave me this sparkly red bird
when I was about 14 or 15-years-old.
Mrs. Collett is a tender-heart and greatly enriched my younger years.
She and I often played duets together during practice,
she on the organ and I on the piano.
I went through a phase of playing "oldies" type music
and whenever I played 'A Blossom Fell'
tears would always come to her eyes. . .
I often wondered if there was a story for her behind the song.


I made this ornament with a dear lady, Helen, during Sunday School 
when I was about three-years-old.
My cousin Brian and I were in the same class at that time 
and we were inseparable - he was my best bud :)


This white bear sitting in the red rocking chair is one of my very favorites!
It has been around since 1988 and always brings a smile to my face 
when I pull it out to put on the tree.
I remember as young girl I used to look for it in the box of decorations
so that I could be the one to hang it up.
I would often pull it off the Christmas tree
so that I could play with it.


This was made by Marie {my dad's cousin} and given to my parents years ago.
It was another one I enjoyed playing with because the tree in the back comes out.
My parents gave it to me when I got married and now my son can also play with it :)


As many of you know, I love tea cups!
So my sweet mom gave this pretty tea cup to me several years ago.
When I hang it upon the tree I always think of her-
her kindness and caring,
her gentleness and compassion,
her wisdom and encouragement,
her precious love.


My older sister also knows I adore tea cups
so she gave me this pretty miniature tea cup and tea pot a few years ago.
The cup and pot are covered in Cardinals - Grandma Betty's favorite bird.
My sister blessed me twice by giving me something I love
and something that reminds me of Grandma.


Ahhh. . . my loooong snowman :)
I remember picking this cutie out at Pier One Imports.
the Christmas year before I got married.
I looked at their display of ornaments for some time
and continued to come back to this one - 
it's one I look forward to hanging on the tree.


This sweetie is another childhood favorite - I've had it since I was a little one-year-old.
Oh, how I remember the years that I would play with this guy-
his leg used to spin so I would often spin it around and around.
I don't know how many times I broke it {a lot}
but my mom would always glue him back together for me
so that I could have the enjoyment of hanging him on the Christmas tree.


And last, but certainly not least, is this darling little Hershey's book
that is filled with sweet and tasty recipes.
This is another ornament that I couldn't wait to pull out 
from the Christmas decoration box when I was younger
because I always enjoyed looking through the pages.


I hope you enjoyed these cherished memories 
as much as I enjoyed telling you about them.

* * * * *
The hot cocoa is now gone,
the cozy fire is quietly crackling in the background,
and the Christmas tree lights are casting a soft glow upon the room. . .
The time has come to bid each and every one of you a very Merry Christmas.

Have yourself a merry little Christmas,
Let your heart be light
From now on,
our troubles will be out of sight

Have yourself a merry little Christmas,
Make the Yule-tide gay,
From now on,
our troubles will be miles away.

Here we are as in olden days,
Happy golden days of yore.
Faithful friends who are dear to us
Gather near to us once more.

Through the years
We all will be together,
If the Fates LORD allow
Hang a shining star upon the highest bough.
And have yourself A merry little Christmas now.
- Ralph Blane -

May you and your loved ones have a joyous and blessed Christmas season
as you celebrate the precious birth of our Savior!

JESUS. . .
the ANSWER to all our questions,
the YES to all God's promises,
the AMEN to all our prayers,
He is the GIVER of all our blessings,
the FORGIVER of all our sins,
the SAVIOR of all who trust in Him.

He is the greatest story, the most amazing gift,
and the blessed hope of all who believe.

Merry Christmas, sweet friends!


I will be taking a small blogging break during this holiday season
and will "see" you in the new year :)
Love to you!

61 comments:

Shoregirl said...

Merry Christmas to you too! I enjoyed your ornament memories. Our tree is full of memories as well since we each buy a new ornament each year and add our initials and the date. It's always fun pulling them out of the box and remembering where and why we bought each one! It makes decorating the tree as a family that much more fun. BTW I also have 3 ornaments from my parents first year of marriage on there .... 51 yrs ago!

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

What a warm welcome tonight my friend....hot chocolate with a peppermint stick to stir in the goodness! I thank you for posting to keep the enthusiasm alive. Peace to you tonight! I am sitting here by my fireplace and all is truly merry and bright. Anita

Libby {Simplicity and Domesticity} said...

This was a beautiful post, Stephanie :) So full of sweetness and beauty! Thank you for taking the time to share some Christmas memories with us all :) We have lots of ornaments that have special memories and stories that go along with them too. It's so fun to bring them out each year and reminisce. I hope you and your family have a very merry and beautiful Christmas and a blessed new year! Enjoy your break! Many blessings to you! Sending you a Christmas hug :)

Mrs. Smith said...

Awww, this is such a sweet post! I loved reading about your special Christmas ornaments and most of all what you said about our Precious Savior! Just beautiful! I hope that you have a very Merry Christmas, dear Stephanie!!

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Sweet Christmas memories. Thank you for sharing.

Have a love, peace & joy filled Christmas and a wonderful 2015 ~ FlowerLady

Vicky Hunt said...

Such a sweet and lovely post Stephanie. I enjoyed reading about each of the ornaments you shared. I feel the same way about my ornaments on my memory tree. I am planning a post like this on Christmas Eve. Enjoy your break from blogging sweet friend. Prayers for a blessed and beautiful Christmas for you and yours.

Hugs, Vicky

Sarah said...

Merry Christmas Stephanie!! May you and your family have a truly blessed day! So enjoyed your post. You have so many sweet memories to share with your son.

-Sarah

kitty said...

I loved reading about your memories for each of your special ornaments, my friend. You are such a tender hearted soul and I love that about you. Enjoy your blogging break and Merry Christmas Blessings to you and your sweet family. I love you!

Nancy Vance said...

Beautiful post, Stephanie! Merry Christmas to you and yours as well.

Vee said...

What fun for you that some ornaments were allowed to be touched and even played with. (This was never allowed in my childhood home nor in my children's. Oh my! I wish that it had been different.) I have a little book similar to your Hershey book only it says Old World's Favorite Christmas Recipes...I must play and check them out! Merry Christmas and Many Blessings in the New Year! (Have a lovely break.)

CelestinaMarie@SouthernDayDreams said...

Dearest Stephanie, do you know how you bless my heart?? You are such a dear and this post is just so heartfelt telling the story of the years of love upon your gorgeous tree. All the ornaments that hold great meaning are precious.
Thank you for a wonderful year of blogging. Your friendship is a gift.
Wishing you and your sweet family a Merry Christmas and wonderful new year.
Love and blessings.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Your tree is beautiful and it's fun to hear more of your Christmas memories! Merry Christmas sweet friend! Enjoy the holiday week! Hugs, Diane

Julie Corbisiero said...

Hi Stephanie, I really enjoyed looking at some of your favorite ornaments and the story behind them. Thanks for a wonderful year of blogging sweet friend. Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
Hugs, Julie

Audrey said...

I enjoyed your post so very much and hearing about the memories that each ornament brings. Your tree is lovely. Hope you have the best Christmas ever.
Blessings,
Audrey Z.

The Polka Dot Closet said...

Thank you that was fun...All the reminders of your life and people that filled it!

Merry Christmas
Carol

Teri said...

Dear Sweet Stephanie ... so very pretty. Wishing you and your family a very Merry Christmas. Warmest Blessings ♥ Teri

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

MERRY CHRISTMAS!
Your tree is filled with many sweet memories.
xo,
deb

Billie Jo said...

Oh dear friend,
Such beautiful ornaments and memories!
I so enjoyed sharing them with you here.
Enjoy every blessed moment with your lovely family, and have a very blessed Christmas! : )

Terri Steffes said...

Loved going down memory lane with you and your ornaments. The cocoa was delish by the way! We're those homemade marshmallows? 😄. Merry Christmas, may all be ready in preparedness for Him who was born this day!

Mari said...

I think all the memories on the tree are the best part of decorating. I enjoyed your ornaments!
Merry Christmas Stephanie!

Angela said...

What a joy to hear your memories....thanks for sharing. Have a very Merry Christmas, sweet friend. Blessings, angela

Susan said...

Oh Stephanie, what a sweet, sweet post. The story of memories pertaining to Grandma Betty made me cry. I'm sure she is looking down from heaven upon you and smiling.

Sweet and loving post. Susan

Debbie Harris said...

So many memories...All so beautiful...
Lovely post, Stephanie
Love you, Mom

AnnMarie aka Vintage Junkie aka NaNa said...

What a wonderful post! I too have a tree full of memorable ornaments and look forward to seeing them every year. Have a wonderful break and see you in the New Year!

Dee said...

What a wonderful post. I was truly touched by your sweet memories. I loved all of your pretty ornaments. Merry Christmas to you... :)

Laura Lane said...

Have a wonderful Christmas! I enjoyed my visit here.
Blessings,
Laura of Harvest Lane Cottage

My Garden Diaries said...

My you gave me chills with this one...the song that you chose to go along with your beautiful ornaments is perfect. So many rich memories you have on your tree friend! A very Merry Christmas to you and yours! Nicole xoxo

Birgitta said...

Wonderful pictures! Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year Stephanie!

peabea said...

Such a lovely post. Thanks for sharing. Such a treasure of memories. Have a nice Christmas and a Blessed New Year.

Michelle Palmer said...

Oh Stephanie what a beautiful post & of course having had a Grandma Betty myself it has made me think of her more today. I just tucked all the mice pies away in my Grandma's old tin, so many memories.
Have a wonderful Christmas, I am so glad I found your blog.
Seasons Greeting Michelle

Michelle Palmer said...

Oh Stephanie what a beautiful post & of course having had a Grandma Betty myself it has made me think of her more today. I just tucked all the mice pies away in my Grandma's old tin, so many memories.
Have a wonderful Christmas, I am so glad I found your blog.
Seasons Greeting Michelle

Michelle Palmer said...

Oh Stephanie what a beautiful post & of course having had a Grandma Betty myself it has made me think of her more today. I just tucked all the mice pies away in my Grandma's old tin, so many memories.
Have a wonderful Christmas, I am so glad I found your blog.
Seasons Greeting Michelle

Janneke said...

Thank you for sharing all these sweet Christmas memories, I loved reading them, so many special ornaments. The song is so wonderful too. Great Christmas post.
With you and your family a MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Barbara Neubeck said...

... I love your beautiful decorations and the memories you shared with us.... so special.....
Have a wonderful Christmas Stephanie... Hugs... Barb xx

Anna said...

Lovely ornements for a beautiful Christmas tree !!!!
Have a Merry Christmas full of joy !
A big hug to you Stephanie !
Anna

Feral Turtle said...

Such beautiful memories! What a wonderful post! Merry Christmas.

Simply Linda said...

Oooo's and Ahh's..what a lovely post. Merry Christmas.

Kelly_Deal said...

Merry Christmas to you and your family Stephanie! I enjoyed looking at your sweet ornaments, they put a smile on my face my friend!

Sola Scriptura said...

I enjoyed reading about your memories with each ornament. Enjoy the festive days ahead. Merry Christmas :)

Nurdan Kanber said...

Merry Christmas and a wonderful holiday to you and your family♥

Thank you for sharing your wonderful energy, thoughts and feelings with us!

Greetings from far far away!
Nurdan

Ariëlla said...

I wish you a merry Christmas.

Kerin said...

Warm memories of Christmas' past... each year we get to recall those memories when we decorate our trees :)

Wishing you a very Merry Christmas, and a wonderful New Year!

~K.

Kerin said...

Warm memories of Christmas' past... each year we get to recall those memories when we decorate our trees :)

Wishing you a very Merry Christmas, and a wonderful New Year!

~K.

Miss Val's Creations said...

Your ornaments are so sweet Stephanie! I love how decorations have stories and memories associated with them. I wish you and your family the merriest of Christmases!

Jazzmin said...

How sweet and special it is to have you share your beloved ornaments and what each one means to you. It is such a precious thing to have these that you will always hold dear to your heart and can pass on to your son. And all of the beautiful photos combined with your cozy cocoa picture made me feel like I was standing there with you, sweet friend, as we sipped and you told me about each ornament.

Love to you!
Hoping you have a wonderful day!! ♥

My thrift store addiction said...

Thanks for sharing your lovely tree and holiday greeting! Merry Christmas and a New Year filled with His Peace! Blessings, Cecilia

Monika MW said...

Stephanie, have a wonderful Christmas, Blessing Christmas and Best New Year. Lovely post!

donna said...

Merry Christmas to you too sweet friend. I love hearing about all you special Christmas memories and seeing all the ornaments that are dear to you.
Wishing you a Blessed Christmas.
Hugs
donna

Conniecrafter said...

sweet post loved seeing all your ornaments, my mom as she got older collected little stuff animals and just loved them, I think she didn't have them when she was younger. I like how you changed the word fate to Lord :)
Merry Christmas

Linda @ Life and Linda said...

Sweet Stephanie, Merry Christmas to you and your family. Love your special ornaments. How very special to know they were given with love. xo

Libby said...

Wishing you and yours a very Merry Christmas!

xoxo,
Libby

Chel @ Sweetbriar Dreams said...

I hope you and yours have a wonderful Christmas. With love my dear friend xx

Carol Z said...

Loved seeing all of your treasures and hearing my favorite Christmas song. Wishes for a bright and blessed Christmas.

Debbie said...

They are all so special!! I have the same Hershey ornament!! Merry Christmas, I hope you are having a very special day!!

Jeanna said...

Lovely post. Thank you for sharing your special ornaments and memories. I hope you having a wonderful Christmas holiday and have a blessed 2015!

Red Rose Alley said...

Dear Stephanie,
I love the tea cup ornaments. Jess had one on her tree this year also. They're so cute, aren't they? Your tree looks so pretty, and the homemade ornaments really make a tree special because they have such meaning behind each one.

I wish you peace and lots of love in the new year. You are a dear blog friend.

~Sheri

Mrs R said...

Merry Merry Christmas dear Stephanie! Wishing you a restful holiday!

Maria said...

Beautiful photos with all your precious ornaments, Stephanie! It's so wonderful to bring them out each year and reminisce. Each one is a fabulous treasure close to our hearts! Hope you and family had a blessed Christmas! Wishing you many wonderful joys and blessings for the New Year, hugs!

Deborah Montgomery said...

Stephanie, I am playing "catch up" with my blog reading after enjoying a lovely week with all my children home. This is such a sweet, memory-filled post. thank you for sharing all your special ornaments with us. Those ornaments with special memories attached are the very best of all.
Glad to hear you are enjoying your Christmas-time, sweet friend.

Kat White said...

Merry belated Christmas Stephanie and Happy New Year. Love your ornaments with wonderful memories, my favorite tis the little bird. So darling! I must try to make a bird ornament. I just love birds so.

Hugs Kat

Nina said...

Dearest Stephanie,
I love how your ornaments are so personal and filled with memories of loved persons - A tree of love and caring - thank you for sharing this love!
I hope you and your family get a lovely Christmas holidays - enjoy the time together, I hope you get moments to rest and moment for being social ... May your dreams come true, May you be blessed as you are such a great blessing to so many,
Love & hugs from Nina

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...