Friday, December 19, 2014

Pink And Silver Christmas Tea

My sweet mom called me up on Monday
and asked if we could have a tea party at my home - just her, my son and me.
Of course I said yes so on Tuesday she came over
for a delightful Christmas tea with lots of pink beauty.


Mason jars were filled with silver tinsel 
and pink vintage glass balls.


Lovely pink pearls adorned the top of the jars. . .


And a lacy cupcake liner sat upon the tinsel.



I filled a vintage mold with silver glittery balls
and more pink pearl goodness.



This lovely belle of the ball held our spoons.


My pink rose tea pot was used for the special occasion
as was my 'Stephanie' rose china.


Place setting cards were created out of card stock
and adorned with the same pink pearls that were on the Mason jars.


And a delicate crown was made out of lace and set by the name.
I got the idea from sweet  Marcia who shared a similar crown on her blog.
You should check hers out :)

I applied Mod Podge to the lace and allowed it to dry
so that it made the lace hard and not flimsy.
Then, I hot glued the ends together and added some pink rhinestones.


Instead of drinking from matching tea cups 
I had my mom and son pick out the cups that they would like to use.
My mother always picks the tea cup pictured below.
I received it from Linda who blogs over at My Sew What Blog
during a past tea cup exchange.


And my son always picks this rose covered tea cup
which I found at the thrifty store a few years ago.


I decided to use a tea cup that my mother-in-law gave me
which belonged to her mother.


Now let me share our menu. . .


Sparkling Cranberry Brie Bites

You can find the beautiful recipe here.



Cucumber Slices With Herb Cream Cheese

I added fresh basil, oregano, and chives to softened cream cheese
as well as some salt, pepper, and a dash of garlic powder.



Ham or Turkey Cheese Sliders With Caramelized Poppy Seed Glaze

These were so, so, so good!
I will share the recipe at the end :)



For dessert my mom brought homemade cookies
that are family favorite recipes.
In fact, you can find the recipes on her blog.





We had a wonderful day together and my heart was truly blessed.
It's easy to think we don't have time during the holidays 
to just sit with family and friends and chat over tea, 
but I have realized that there is always time and it's always worth it.
Quiet, simple moments are always memorable
and cherished for many years.

We had a fourth guest show up right when we pulled out the camera. . .
It's ol' Frosty again!
It's becoming quite apparent that he loves stealing the show :)
Once we were done taking pictures he had to leave
since we had a cozy fire going - a little too warm for our "cold" friend.


Now here is the recipe for the sliders that were so delicious.

Ingredients Needed:

1/4 lb deli fresh maple glazed ham
1/4 lb deli fresh black pepper turkey
Swiss cheese slices
BBQ sauce
1 package of Kings Hawaiian rolls
1/4 cup butter
1 tablespoon yellow mustard
1/2 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1/2 tablespoon poppy seeds
2 heaping tablespoons brown sugar

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

Slice open the rolls and place 1 1/2 or 2 slices of deli meat onto the roll.
Cut the cheese slice into quarters and add two onto the meat.
Add about 1 teaspoon of BBQ sauce to the slider.
Repeat this process - you will get 12 sandwiches.
Place the sliders into a 9 x 13-inch baking dish 
{place them close together so that they are touching}.

For the sauce:
add the butter, Worcestershire sauce, poppy seeds, and brown sugar
to a small sauce pan.
Brings the sauce to a boil.
Remove from heat and drizzle the sauce over the sandwiches.

Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees F for 20 minutes.
Enjoy!

May your weekend be beautiful, bright, and merry!
Hugs and blessings to you!

35 comments:

magnoliasntea said...

What a gorgeous, gorgeous High Tea table you prepared, Stephanie! I clicked on all the photos to enjoy each detail. Enjoyed it so much. And there is no better company for tea than one's own dear ones. Have a wonderful weekend!

Simply Linda said...

Oooo's & ahhh's....Stephanie, you are one lucky girl to have a mother like that...and Ms. Debbie--you are one lucky mom to have a beautiful daughter (and grandson!). I so wish I had that relationship...thank you sweet friend.

P.S. Your son has grown so much...

Merry Christmas.

Dianna said...

Your tea was absolutely beautiful, Stephanie dear. You made the time very special for your mom and son. Your menu sounds delicious. I'm glad that your mom called and asked about having a tea!

Sylvia said...

Beautiful Tea with your son and Mother,Stephanie. How wonderful to be able to enjoy tea together. Now I am so hungry from looking at your food! Love all the decorations.

Elizabethd said...

How absolutely lovely.

Julie Corbisiero said...

You tea with your mom and son looked so nice. So glad you had a good time. The food and dessert looks amazing too! Thanks for sharing the recipes. Have a nice Friday and weekend.
Hugs, Julie

Mari said...

What a special time for you three! Your table was beautiful. I make those sliders too. Yum!

Christine said...

Oh my everything looks fabulous and how fun to do this together!
Blessings
Christine

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Have special! You're making beautiful memories. I would love to try to make the lace crowns...how pretty! Holiday hugs, Diane

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Everything looks wonderful, Stephanie, the food, the china, the decorations! I love the lacy crown! Merry Christmas to you and your loved ones!

Blessings,
Sandi

Algodão Tão Doce said...

Olá amiga, hoje quero agradecer a Deus pelo dom da sua vida, e desejar a você e sua família
um feliz e santo Natal, cheio de saúde e alegria!!!
Que seu coração esteja preparado para receber o Menino Deus!!!
Um grande abraço, Marie.

NanaDiana said...

How wonderful to have such a special tea party for your Mom and son. I just love the idea. Everything looks so pretty and festive. The food looks great and the cookies look yummy.

I make those ham/cheese sliders every single Christmas morning so the kids can grab something before they start opening gifts. We make my SIL go last or he will take his share and everyone elses too. I just don't do the BBQ sauce or the brown sugar. LOVE them! I might have to try them your way this year! xo Diana

Teri said...

Dear Sweet Stephanie ... such cherished moments together with so many wonderful memories made for the years to come. Warmest Blessings ♥ Teri

Debbie Harris said...

Aww... Stephanie, your photos as beautiful as they are make it seem like we are right back at the table enjoying ourselves.
That certainly was a beautiful tea, my dear.
Everything about it was perfect!
You poured yourself into everything and my heart was blessed.
Thank you again!
Much love, Mom

Miss Val's Creations said...

The perfect tea party! The details are so elegant. I LOVE your spoon holder! The food looks delicious.

Betty from My Irish Cottage Home said...

Oh my, what a beautiful tea party you are having. Your table looks so lovely and Your family picture is just beautiful.

kitty said...

What a lovely way to spend the afternoon, Stephanie, with your sweet mom and your darling son. If I lived close, I would've been crashing the party, along with old Frosty! The setting was sooo pretty in pink and tinsel. I loved the lace crown and ooh la la, what a menu!! It was a memory-filled afternoon for sure. Love you!

Vicky Hunt said...

What a lovely tea you prepared! All the decorations and special touches you prepared were just beautiful. I'm sure your mom and son felt so special. The menu sounds so tasty too. I make sliders almost just lke those and they are so delicious! In fact I am making them Sunday night for a get together. Have a blessed and beautiful weekend my friend!

Hugs, Vicky

Shoregirl said...

Everything looks so lovely and delicious! Memories made to last a lifetime!

Sola Scriptura said...

What a delightful time you must have enjoyed together! Your table setting and menu look very impressive :)

Libby {Simplicity and Domesticity} said...

Oh Stephanie!! Everything about this is so lovely :) I love your tea cups; they are simply beautiful. And all the food looks so delicious- my sister is getting a tea set for Christmas (shh!! It's a surprise!), so I am thinking I may have to try out those recipes you shared and have our own little tea party! Thank you for sharing- I must say that every time I come to your blog, I am just reminded why it's one of my favorites :) Hugs to you, sweet friend! Hope your weekend is beautiful and blessed <3

Vee said...

Awww...what a sweet gathering! You certainly rose to the occasion, Stephanie.

AnnMarie aka Vintage Junkie aka NaNa said...

What a beautiful setting and wonderful food for your sweet family! All that love and care for three of you....just speaks of such love.

Wanda said...

What a lovely Christmas Tea for Three.

Everything is so lovely. At first glance, I thought the napkins in the teacups was whipped cream HaHa

All my teacups and teapots and all my tea things are still packed in 5 large hatboxes. You make me want to pull them all out and have a tea party. I believe I will do just that in the Spring for some of the ladies I have met here at Villa Ramona.

Libby said...

A true tea party! How beautiful! I love all the special touches you did and the menu is so delicious. So glad that Frosty was able to come over and celebrate as well. :-)

Barbara Neubeck said...

... I love that you, your Mum and son had a special meal together..... it all looks so beautiful... Hugs... Barb xxx

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Absolute love.

I think I will make a visit from our friends tomorrow night a special tea. Anytime is a time to treat your guests like royalty but at this special time? Even more. The silver, the pink the love. Stephanie, ENJOY my dear friend! Anita

Feral Turtle said...

This looks like so much fun! How wonderful to have a tea party with your mom! I am truly envious. Love all of your beautiful decor and handcrafted items that you created! Everything looks so delicious!

Think Loveliness said...

Absolutely lovely post! What a blessed time the Lord has given you together making beautiful memories! Thank you for sharing the great tea delicacies! I hope to recreate some this year. Merry Christmas!

Eugenia Maru http://lulurulitos.blogspot.com said...

Hermoso té de navidad. Su tetera rosa me ha maravillado, es algo que me encanta. Toda la vajilla preciosa y qué decir de los comestibles. Se ven deliciosos.
La felicito.
Maru

Denise said...

A perfect party : ) So wonderful that You enjoy some of the same activities as Your Mom.May Your family continued to be blessed this Christmas season-Denise

Conniecrafter said...

Oh Wow you went all out with such a lovely place setting and such neat snacks, those are the times you will remember and are so precious, so glad you were able to take out that time and share it together!

Sandi said...

LOVE the rose teapot! I've never seen one of those before.

Mindy Whipple said...

What a beautiful tea you prepared for your loved ones! The only thing more beautiful is the love you did it with. Merry Christmas to you and yours. Looking forward to following your sweet blog in the coming New Year.

Prairie Patch Quilts said...

What a wonderful Tea Party you have prepared. Everything looks so pretty and the food looks delicious. A wonderful moment in time for you, your son and your mother! I truly enjoyed this visit with you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...