Saturday, December 27, 2014

Price Of Privilege - Book Review

There will be several book reviews appearing on my blog
during the next few days.
My usual weekly postings will resume in the New Year.

* * * * *

Where will she turn when the truth 
becomes more dangerous than the lie?

Having finally discovered the truth of her birthright,
Julia Elliston is determined to outwit Chance Macy at his own game.
Holding knowledge he'd kill to keep secret, however, 
is proving more difficult than she imagined.

Just when Julia thinks she's managed to untangle herself from Macy's clutches,
the scandal of the century breaks loose.
Drawing rooms all over London whisper what so far the newspapers have not dared to print:
Macy's lost bride is none other than Lord Pierson's daughter, Julia-
and one of the most controversial cases of marital law ever seen 
comes before Victorian courts.

Though Julia knows Macy's version of events is another masterful manipulation,
public opinion is swaying in his favor.
Caught in a web of deceit and lies, armed only with a fledgling faith,
Julia must face her fiercest trial yet.



My Thoughts
Before I share my thoughts about this book let me first say that
Price of Privilege is the third book in the Price of Privilege Trilogy.
You must begin with book number one in order to keep up with the story
as each book is a continuation of Julia's life.

Price of Privilege is the grand finale in this series written by Jessica Dotta
and once again she does not disappoint.
Have you ever eagerly awaited the final book in a series 
only to have it in your hands and not want to open it. . .
because once the book is in your possession than you will naturally open it
and your eyes will begin reading the lines and the story will come to an end. . .
You want to find out what happens yet you don't want the drama, the suspense, 
the romance, and the intrigue to end - 
you wish you could just keep it close buried deep in your heart. . .
That's how is was for me when I received Price of Privilege -
I hungered to know what happened to Julia, Edward, Isaac, Macy, and Lord Pierson,
but I was sad to know that my journey with these characters was coming to an end.

Jessica Dotta writes in a way that draws the reader into the lives of her characters;
it's as if the reader has jumped into the pages and is part of the Victorian era.
The characters are like old friends that weave their way into the hearts and minds 
of the readers leaving behind a fullness and satisfaction of knowing them,
but also an emptiness when the realization hits that their lives have been lived 
and have now come to a closing with the last line in the book.

In Price of Privilege, Jessica Dotta really brings forth 
the beautiful and precious gift of forgiveness and healing.
Julia has struggled throughout the first two books with the idea of God being in her life
and the fact that He offers love and forgiveness to all.
In the third book she finally comes to understand how much God loves her.
She finally lets go and allows the Lord to have full reign in her life,
but there are still difficult and painful steps that she must take - 
and in taking these steps she has to fully trust God and His ways,
but sometimes the outcome is not what she wanted or even expected. . .

Oh, how I would love to go on and on about this book,
but I'm afraid in doing so I would only spoil the story for you.
Long after reading Price of Privilege I still think upon the trials 
Julia, Edward, and Isaac faced and feel the heartache they experienced,
the heartache and pain that only made them stronger.
Tears flood my eyes as I remember the phenomenal journey Jessica Dotta took me on - 
not many authors can bring this sort of reaction from me.
I clap my hands for you, dear Jessica, for you have won my heart and approval
with your incredible gift of writing and story-telling.

I have been left in complete awe from the Price of Privilege series.
If you have read many of my reviews than you know 
I don't often highly recommend a book unless I absolutely love it and support it.
Well, I highly, highly recommend this series!
Each book is a masterpiece that you don't want to miss out on.
Read this series, my friend, you won't regret it.

** I was given a free copy of this book from Tyndale Publishers for an honest review.
All thoughts are my own. No other compensation was received. **

Read the review for the first book, Born of Persuasion, here.
Read the review for the second book, Mark of Distinction, here.

About the Author
Jessica Dotta has always been fascinated by England during the Regency and Victorian eras.
Her passion for British literature fueled her desire to write in a style that blends the humor of
Jane Austen and the dark drama of a Bronte sister.
She lives in the Nashville area with her family
and works as a freelance media consultant and publicist.
Visit her online at www.jessicadotta.com

8 comments:

Wanda said...

I think this will be my next series of books to read. I have read all of John Grisham's novels, think I've had enough court room drama for a while. However my grandson did give me his newest one for Christmas.

Thanks for the review... I need a change of pace in my leisure time reading. I start a Women's Bible Study Jan.6, at our new church, so that will keep in in the Word.

Love and Hugs

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Good afternoon dearest Stephanie! The love of reading is calling me and my favorites are waiting for me on my desk. This sounds like a good one! I hope you are enjoying your weekend! Hugs, Anita

Debbie said...

So much excitement and what a wonderful review!! You have an infectious spirit for the written word!!

Terra said...

This author and her 3 books sound fabulous in your review.

Cranberry Morning said...

I've always liked dark period dramas set in England, so maybe I'd like this. Thanks for the review.

Beatrice Euphemie said...

This trilogy sounds wonderful, Stephanie and knowing that you found these books intriguing is all the proof I need to read them. Hope you had a lovely Christmas, my friend! Sending you hugs xo Karen

Miss Val's Creations said...

This series sounds like a fun read! The description of the author adopting the humor of Jane Austen and the dark drama of a Bronte sister definitely intrigues me.

Denise said...

A happy New Year to You too sweet Stephanie.I love when I eventually step into a book.If it takes too long I stop reading it.This series sounds like You stepped into it early.Wonderful review Stephanie-OX Denise

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...