Sunday, February 08, 2015

I Love Thee

Blest be Thy love, dear Lord,
that taught us this sweet way,
Only to love Thee for Thyself,
and for that love obey.
- J. Austin -


 I love Thee, I love Thee, I love Thee, my Lord;
I love Thee, my Savior, I love Thee, my God;
I love Thee, I love Thee, and that Thou dost know;
but how much I love Thee my actions will show.


O Jesus, my Savior, with Thee I am blest,
my life and salvation, my joy and my rest;
Thy name be my theme, and Thy love be my song;
Thy grace shall inspire both my heart and my tongue.


O who's like my Savior? He's heaven's bright King;
He smiles and He loves me and helps me to sing;
I'll praise Him, I'll praise Him with notes loud and clear,
while rivers of pleasure my spirit shall cheer.
{I am unsure of the author of this hymn - do any of you know who wrote it?}


O love the LORD,
all ye his saints.
- Psalm 31:23 -


That thou mayest love the Lord thy God, 
and that thou mayest obey his voice, 
and that thou mayest cleave unto him: 
for he is thy life, and the length of thy days: 
that thou mayest dwell in the land 
which the Lord sware unto thy fathers, 
to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob, to give them.
- Deuteronomy 30:20 -


 And he answering said, 
Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, 
and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, 
and with all thy mind; and thy neighbour as thyself.
Luke 10:27 -


We love him,
because he first loved us.
- 1 John 4:19 -


Have a beautiful and blessed Lord's Day, dear ones!

26 comments:

Simply Linda said...

Another beautiful post, my sweet friend. Have a Blessed Sunday and upcoming week.

Vicky Hunt said...

Another lovely and inspirational Sunday post my friend. I especially love the photo of the cross necklace highlighting Love One Another. SO beautiful! You are so talented with your camera. Have a lovely day!

Hugs, Vicky

Sola Scriptura said...

We love Him because He first loved us, Amen. One of my favourite scriptures is 1 John 3:1 "See what great love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are!"

Debbie Harris said...

"But how much I love Thee my actions will tell"
Oh that resonates over my heart this morning.
I have never heard this before, it is beautiful as are your photos, my dear.
It's a lovely warm and sunny day here and looking forward to worshiping the Lord in church. This post was worship in itself. :-)

Have a beautiful blessed day today and a delightful week!
I'll miss my communications with you.
I love you lots, Mom

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

Beautiful post.

Debbie said...

even on their last leg, roses are beautiful!! such a beautiful post!!

Sandra Cox said...

I can't get over how you take beautiful roses and make them even lovelier.

Kelly-Anne @ Beautiful Girlhood said...

Oh dearest Stephanie! My heart is so encouraged...how wonderful to know He loves us! Big hugs to you my friend! Thank you for this lovely encouragement today!

CelestinaMarie@SouthernDayDreams said...

Dear Stephanie, a beautiful Sunday post.
Always lovely and always a blessing.
Hugs,
CM

Linda Walker said...

Stephanie,
Such a lovely post! And your photos as usual are beautiful! Enjoy your Sunday!
xo
Linda
mysewwhatblog

mamasmercantile said...

Beautiful post, with some truly stunning pictures.

Diane said...

I love this post!

So uplifting & true! Praise the Lord!

AMEN!

Anne Payne said...

Your photos are so breathtakingly beautiful! And the verse is precious. I need to spend some time meditating on this entire post, dear friend.

{{hugs}}

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Good evening, Stephanie! I am late here, but the message is always open and free and everlasting. Thinking of you, praying.....have a wonderful week my friend. Anita

My Garden Diaries said...

Thank you for the inspiration here today Stephanie! Such an important reminder and such a beautiful verse!!! Wishing you a blessed week! Nicole xoxo

Wanda said...

Wonderful words of inspiration and lovely pictures of my favorite book, The Holy Bible, God's Word. I did have smile, as it looks like mine with all the blue and pink markings. It makes it so personal.

Joyful said...

Lovely post and lovely words to an old hymn I haven't ever heard. Blessings. xx

Kelley said...

We share a love for those old and gracious hymns. Divine.

Hugs and happy week,
Kelley~

Cranberry Morning said...

Beautiful post, Stephanie. Your collection of photos accompanies so nicely. I see we have another underliner in the group. :-)) I love underlining and putting notes in my margins. Now I do that with my Kindle. It's so much easier to put notes in and have them legible for the next time I'm in that passage!

Kim Stevens said...

Beautiful post, and photos!

Mehrll said...

Lovely photos and the words to the song are beautiful. Thanks

Conniecrafter said...

Once again Gorgeous pictures with wonderful words!!

AnnMarie aka Vintage Junkie aka NaNa said...

Just lovely! I finally got myself a vintage book of hymns and I want to make some crafty things with the pages. Any ideas? I would love to see what you have done or might do with them!

Bethany Carson said...

I love the roses, verses, and hymn! Beautiful, Stephanie!

Feral Turtle said...

So inspirational and I must say, some pretty gorgeous photos too!

Valerie said...

Dear Stephanie,
I have so missed visiting with you here on your blog. I am playing a little catch up tonight with all of my blog reading. This is such a lovely post and the photographs are so comforting. Just what I needed at the end of this exhausting day. Blessings sweet friend, Valerie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...