Sunday, February 01, 2015

Precious Prayer

Prayer: 
a solemn address to the Supreme Being,
consisting of adoration, or an expression of our sense of God' glorious perfections,
confession of our sins, and thanksgiving, or an expression of gratitude to God 
for His mercies and benefits.

Prayer is so simple.
It is like quietly opening a door 
and slipping into the very presence of God.
- Unknown -



My friends, we ought to establish a habit of fervent prayer and dependence upon God.
We should devote a special portion of each day to prayer.

But unto thee have I cried, O LORD; 
and in the morning shall my prayer prevent thee.
- Psalm 88:13 -

Our lives should be lived in total dependence upon God,
expressed through an attitude of constant prayer,
speaking to Him as we go through the day.

Prayer is as natural an expression of faith as breathing is of life.
- Jonathan Edwards -


We ought to seek His wisdom and help when we encounter problems or temptations.
Like King David, we should voice our discouragements, the injustices we experience,
and the frustrations we feel.
But we must also praise Him for the constant manifestations of His love and control of all things.
We need to thank Him for His unchanging faithfulness,
His limitless power, His all-encompassing wisdom.
We should pray the words of Scripture back to the precious Heavenly Father,
and read the Psalms as prayers.
Simply talk to the Lord and open your heart to His tender love and grace,
share your burdens and joys with Him. . .

But also be silent, dear friends, so that you can hear the gentle whisper of God.

Prayer is not monologue, but dialogue;
God's voice is its most essential part.
Listening to God's voice is the secret of the assurance
that He will listen to mine.
- Andrew Murray -


God knows our heart and He hears our cries.
No matter how loud the circumstance is it can never drown out our cries to Him.

Sweet hour of prayer, sweet hour of prayer, thy wings shall my petition bear 
to Him whose truth and faithfulness engage the waiting soul to bless; 
and since He bids me seek His face, believe His Word and trust His grace, 
I'll cast on Him my every care, and wait for thee, sweet hour of prayer.
- William W. Walford -

Prayer, sweet prayer. . .
God is always there waiting and wanting to listen.


Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, 
and watching thereunto with all perseverance 
and supplication for all saints.
- Ephesians 6:18 -

Have a blessed Lord's Day, friends! 

25 comments:

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Oh yes, a dialogue instead of a monologue. That is why we need to quiet our minds in this busy and demanding world of ours. Yes, prayer is on my to-do list this morning.

Marta said...

Hello from Spain: it is necessary to pray every day and thank God for being healthy. Keep in touch

Prairie Patch Quilts said...

Love your Red Heart Angel...so precious! Every day should be started with a prayer and ended with saying Thank You God.

Mary Hutchins said...

Great message Stephanie. I watched John Hagee this morning and his sermon was on The Lord's Prayer. So thankful we have a God that hears our prayers.

Phoebes World said...

Lovely post...I am a firm believer in the power of prayer...too much has happened in my life for me not to.
Mr D has to be in work for 4am...but we make sure that we have prayers together before he leaves. It strengthens him...and me
I continue to have coversations with Heavenly Father throughout the day. Although He dosnt always answer..I know that He is listening
Have a wonderful Sunday Stephanie
Hugs
Phoebe

Maria said...

Such wonderful words for us and our Dear Lord! Thank you so much for brining these words for us to see, Stephanie! So often one forgets to lean on the Lord and also to thank him for our countless blessings! Again...thank you for a lovely post! Hugs and blessings to you...have a wonderful week!:-)

Sylvia said...

We are in unity this morning, prayer changes things! Thankful for His faithfulness in hearing and answering our prayers !

Michele @ The Nest at Finch Rest said...

Oh, dearest Stephanie, that is so beautiful. I agree with you fervently my sweet friend.

I am praying for your health and happiness and strength today as well.

Hugs.

Debbie Harris said...

Amen to your lovely post this morning, Stephanie.
Our times of communion with the Heavenly Father are precious and personal, in deed.
"sweet hour of prayer sweet hour of prayer" those words alone bring joy and blessing to my heart because I know my Lord meets me there and it is sweet.

Your angel and heart was quite beautiful.

Thank you as always for a touching Sunday post.

Love you!

Sola Scriptura said...

Thank you for this wonderful reminder about prayer. How amazing that we can pray to God any time.

Sandra Cox said...

Someone gave me that angel when my mother passed.
Happy Sunday, Stephanie.

AnnMarie aka Vintage Junkie aka NaNa said...

Beautifully put and a wonderful guide for everyday!

Nina said...

Such a lovely encouragent to be faithful in prayer! Wings of prayer and His promises do carry me in the big and little things ... Knowing that He is listening and waiting - for me to come and just be. And rest. And receive ... the warmest and most caring hug, and a peace within, that nothing can compare with.

Nina said...

Such a lovely encouragent to be faithful in prayer! Wings of prayer and His promises do carry me in the big and little things ... Knowing that He is listening and waiting - for me to come and just be. And rest. And receive ... the warmest and most caring hug, and a peace within, that nothing can compare with.

Simply Linda said...

Beautiful...I always love your encouraging and inspiring posts. Blessings

White Lace and Promises said...

The evangelist at our recent revival talked about how Isaiah saw the Lord high and lifted up. I have a friend who has been talking about the kind of relationship Moses had with God. Now, this post. I think the Lord wants us all to move up close enough to see His glory-experience Him. I've had a hard time lately with many things and I so need to hear from Him. Thanks for this post.

Amy Jo said...

Beautifully written. So important as Christians. Definitely the most important part of our day.

Blessings,
Amy Jo

Vicky Hunt said...

I love this Stephanie! I go through my day praying and talking to God. I can't imagine life any other way. I hope your Sunday has been as beautiful as you sweet friend! Have a blessed week.

Hugs, Vicky

SarahGeorge said...

What a wonderful post about prayer Stephanie! How wonderful it is to have such a relationship with our Supreme creator!

P.s
Have a blog candy Stephanie. Would love you to take a look.

Dianna said...

A beautiful post, dear Stephanie. Prayer is such an important part of life. It is how our faith grows and our love for our precious Lord is made stronger. Thank you so much for sharing.

Conniecrafter said...

I totally agree, I feel I am good on the praying side of the relationship, but it is hard for me to be silent and listen and wait for him to talk to me, that is an area I am trying to work on. Have a wonderful blessed week!

Debby Ray said...

What a wonderful post, Stephanie. I love it that we can come to Him just like we are...no preparation necessary. Sometimes when I can't even utter the words, it is so amazing to know that we don't have too! He is right there, listening to what only our hearts can say. What an absolute privelege to be able to come to our Maker... any time of day or night!

Mindy Whipple said...

"Prayer is not monologue but dialogue" Definitely should be this way although I find myself rambling from time to time...God is so patient with me, covering me liberally in his amazing grace as I strive to listen closer, pause more often. I have never been one to just pray in the morning or at night but in snippets throughout the day.

Red Rose Alley said...

Stephanie,
I have that same angel with the heart except my girl has long hair. Aren't they sweet? I have her out for Valentine's Day. Prayer is very special, indeed. It clears our mind and makes us whole again.

Have a beautiful week, Stephanie.

love, ~Sheri

Jazzmin said...

So sweetly refreshing to my heart and soul are your reminders here, dear friend. Fervent prayers is definitely one of the greatest blessings of our lives walking with the Lord! Adoring him and pouring our hearts out to Him. So amazing.

I love your sweet angel. It reminds me of something my Grandma would have had.

Love and hugs to you!
Hope your week is blessed ♥
~Jazzmin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...