Saturday, February 21, 2015

The Trouble With Patience - Book Review

Patience Cavanaugh has lost hope in romance.
The man she yearned to marry is dead and her dreams are gone with him.
Now she is consumed with restoring a dilapidated boardinghouse
in order to support herself.
Despite Patience's desire for solitude, Jedediah Jones,
the local marshal with a reputation for hanging criminals,
becomes an ever-looming part of her life.
It seems like such a simple arrangement:
She needs someone with a strong back to help her fix up the boardinghouse.
He needs a dependable source of food for himself and his prisoners.
But as she gets to know this "hanging lawman,"
Patience finds there is far more to him than meets the eye -
and it could destroy their tenuous relationship forever.
With a keen eye for historical detail and a deft hand at romantic tension,
Maggie Brendan invites you to a Montana gold rush boomtown,
where vices and virtues are on full display and love is lying in wait.
My Thoughts
Patience is a woman that is defined by her personal relationship with the Lord.
She continually keeps her faith and trust in Christ even when things get tough.
Patience is certainly not afraid to say what she believes in
and her convictions tend to guide her actions.
Jedediah Jones on the other hand has had a difficult life
and he made some choices early on that still haunt him.
Because of his past he has determined that no woman will want him
especially a woman like Patience. . .
But as he watches her love for the Lord flow from her heart
he begins to wonder if maybe he, too,
could have that same love and closeness with the Almighty God.
But it's not always easy to let go of the past
especially when it might come back to bite him
and the woman he is falling in love with. . .
The Trouble With Patience is a sweet and pure read.
I appreciated how the author added tender romance to the story,
but it was done in a clean and refreshing way.
There are a few intriguing twists and turns throughout the book
that keep your attention and leave you surprised at the end.
The Trouble With Patience is an easy and enjoyable book -
a book that is good to read when you simply want to relax
and enjoy some time to yourself.

** I was given a free copy of this book from Revell Publishers for an honest review.
All thoughts are my own. No other compensation was received. **

About the Author
Maggie Brendan is the bestselling author of the Heart of the West
and The Blue Willow Brides series.
Winner of the 2014 Book Buyers Best Award (OCC/RWA)
for inspirational fiction and the 2013 Laurel Wreath Award,
she was a finalist for the 2013 Heart of Excellence Readers' Choice Award.
To learn more, visit www.MaggieBrendan.com


14 comments:

kitty said...

I love it when a book is well received by you, my friend. You gave an excellent review and I'm sure I'd love to read this one.
Somehow my comments are all coming back as failed messages and I don't know what to do about it. It's so frustrating!
I hope you're enjoying your weekend! XO

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Good afternoon my friend! Oh the joy of reading; I am indulging in it more and more each day. What a liberating feeling. Sounds like a great read!

Scrappy quilter said...

She is one of my favorite authors. A great review!

Marta said...

Hello from Spain: great review. A very interesting book. Keep in touch

Linda Walker said...

Stephanie,
Another well written review! You have a way of describing books that makes me wish I could have the book NOW!

I really want to make some time to read. It's been a while.... Nothing like curling up with a good book and a cup of tea!

Have a wonderful Sunday Stephanie!
xo
Linda
mysewwhatblog

Debbie Harris said...

What an excellent review, Stephanie.
This book sounds like another one I would enjoy reading. :-)
Just maybe ~ I shall borrow this one.

Lots of love, Mom

My Garden Diaries said...

This one sounds fantastic! You have left me wanting to read more to see what happens to them!!! Wishing you a wonderful weekend friend!! Nicole xo

Natalie said...

Sounds like a sweet book, thanks for sharing your thoughts on it! It's always nice to get a good review. I'll see if my local Christian book store carries it. Have a great Sunday!

Nina said...

Thank you for the review, Stephanie!
I wish to read one book a month, that is not related to my work, nor a devotional or Bible (that's my reading at the moment) - So I appreciate your book reviews - I know where to get the good tips for the titles!
Blessings to your week,
Nina

Melanie said...

Thank you, Stephanie for the book review. I enjoy reading yours. This sounds very good. I like fiction written with it's scene "back in the day". Have a blessed Sunday.

Anne Payne said...

Great review. Maggie Brendan always writes sweet books!

Robyn said...

After reading your review, I'm certain this is a book I would enjoy reading. Your critiques are fabulous, my friend. Perhaps you have a second career in the making!

Miss Val's Creations said...

This sounds like a beautiful read. I love the name Patience.

Sola Scriptura said...

This looks like a great book. Thank you for sharing your review :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...