Thursday, February 12, 2015

Where Rivers Part - Book Review

SUCCESS TOO OFTEN COMES WITH A PRICE.
Juliet never imagined that cost could be so high.

Dr. Juliet Ryan has devoted her considerable scientific acumen
to corporate America, providing safe drinking water for millions -
and affording her plenty of perks along the way.
Her career choice is not the path her estranged father would have her take,
but then Juliet finds it difficult to maintain respect for a man she cannot trust.
She's on her way up in the world,
and she's not going to let anything drag her down.

But when a fast-moving disaster sweeps Juliet into a whirlpool of corporate scandal,
lives are at risk - including those of some of the people closest to her.
As she scrambles to find answers, 
Juliet must face her deepest wounds and join forces 
with the one who has hurt her the most 
in order to expose a far-reaching conspiracy.

Like a mighty river with twists and turns and hidden rocks,
this engrossing story will sweep you relentlessly along
as it explores the seduction of success, the fear of giving up control,
and the redemptive power of learning to forgive.


My Thoughts
First of all, this is the second book 
in the Texas Gold Series by Kellie Coates Gilbert.
The main thing I enjoyed about this book
was the beautiful representation of forgiveness.
Juliet is a hurt young woman full of bitterness towards her father 
{for a particular wrong that he committed}
and she has allowed the bitterness to consume her entire being
leaving her empty inside and frustrated with the one man
that wants a second chance at loving her.
A tragedy strikes very close to home and in the end
it will either draw father and daughter together
or push them away forever. . .

Aside from the subject of forgiveness in Where Rivers Part,
I thoroughly enjoyed and appreciated the message of salvation 
intertwined throughout the pages.
A relationship with Jesus Christ will bring precious healing
and true forgiveness which leads to a loving and peaceful life.

There was certainly plenty going on in this book to keep your attention.
There was a little mystery and intrigue along the way
as well as fascinating information about food safety -
it was evident the author knew what she was talking about
and it reflected in her writing in a very positive way.
I will say that the book was a little slow in the beginning,
but close to halfway through it picked up the pace.
All-in-all I would give this book 3.5 stars.

** I was given a free copy of this book from Revell Publishers for an honest review.
All thoughts are my own. No other compensation was received. **

About the Author
Kellie Coates Gilbert is a former legal investigator
and trial paralegal and the author of A Woman of Fortune.
Gilbert crafts her emotionally charged stories about women in life-changing circumstances
in Dallas, Texas, where she lives with her husband.

5 comments:

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Good morning my dear! You must be a voracious reader (as I am, but do not always have the time) to read all of these books! Doesn't it just bless you to read something, anything, so you can grow and form a view through language? I love that.

I wish you and your beloved ones a most happy Valentine's weekend! Anita

Dianna said...

Thank you for the review, Stephanie. It sounds like an interesting book. I, too, love books that intertwine salvation and the precious redemption message throughout the pages. I think that is one reason I enjoy Jan Karon's books so much.

Scrappy quilter said...

Great review. I haven't read any books from this author. I just might give her books a try now.

Sola Scriptura said...

Thank you for another good book review. This sounds like a book I would enjoy reading :) I hope you have a lovely Valentine's Day weekend.

Kira Krutulis said...

Did you find the setting of the book very interesting? I've never found corporate settings to be my favorite. Maybe I'm an oddball!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...