Thursday, April 30, 2015

Do-It-Yourself Centerpieces For The Spring Season

A little while ago I was contacted by Modernize.com
and they wondered if they could share a post with my readers.
Of course I said yes :)
I am very thankful for Modernize.com and their team - 
they did a beautiful job and I hope you enjoy their lovely ideas.

* * * * * * * * * *

Do-It-Yourself Centerpieces For The Spring Season
Now that Spring has finally sprung, 
it's time for all those seasonal precursors to the coming of summer. 
It’s the time of year for an organizational overhaul, for Spring cleaning 
and giving everything a freshening up, and of course for Spring decor. 
While there are a number of simple ways to incorporate a Spring look throughout your home, 
one of the areas where you can be creative and crafty is in making centerpieces 
for a dining room or other large table. 
Check out some of these great do-it-yourself centerpieces 
that will help you to bring Spring indoors this season.

Springtime Flowerpot

Via All You

This is a craft that’s doable by even the least artsy of us 
and will add a charm that’s both modern and somewhat rustic. 
You’ll need a flowerpot that’s about 4 to 5 inches in diameter—preferably white, 
but you can buy any color if you don’t mind painting it—as well as 4-inch blades of cut grass, 
a foam floral sphere, scissors, glue lines or some other similar adhesive, 
and one to two dozen daisies or another flower of your choice. 
The grass is attached to the bottom of the flowerpot exterior 
to look as though it’s growing up and around it. 
Soak the floral sphere in water, then drain and position snugly inside the flowerpot. 
Finally, trim flower stems to a little more than an inch and insert into the floral sphere 
so that the flowers hide the entire sphere. 
While the picture is shown with live grass and flowers, 
you could also use artificial greenery and flowers 
if you would prefer to create a centerpiece that can be reused next Spring.

Floating Fruit Centerpiece


If you’d prefer something that’s a little less crafty yet just as effective, 
you might try this lovely floating fruit centerpiece. 
In the picture above, three large glass vases were filled to varying heights with water 
and apples were added for a fresh and fun look. 
This is a simple and elegant centerpiece that achieves something of a still life look. 
You might also try putting a different colored set of apples into each vase 
to make this look a little more playful.

Sweet Peas and Cabbages


A variant of the traditional floral centerpiece, 
the sweet peas have rich purple tones that are perfectly matched and complemented by the cabbages.
To achieve this look, you simply hollow out a couple cabbages 
so they’ll hold a small Mason jar or another small cup, put some water in it for the flowers, 
and you’ve got a monochromatic purple centerpiece that pretty much screams Spring.

Citric Drama


One of the greatest things about the Spring season is the promise of fresh fruits, 
which can look very at home when paired together in a beautiful bowl as a centerpiece. 
To make it more compelling, you could pair shiny smooth objects 
such as lemons with smaller textured and dark objects like nuts to create a dynamic arrangement.
Using a glass pedestal bowl for added drama and incorporating a little greenery 
gives the centerpiece a finishing touch.
- Dane O'Leary -



For more design ideas and inspiration, head to Modernize.com.

42 comments:

Linda Walker said...

Good morning Stephanie,
These are just so pretty and cheerful! I love ideas that make me think outside the box! Will go visit the site now!
xo
Linda

kitty@ Kitty's Kozy Kitchen said...

What lovely inspiration all those ideas are, Stephanie. I think my favorite one is the grass covered flower pot...so cute!
May you have a beautiful, flower-filled day! xo

Gail @Purple Hues and Me said...

These are right on time for celebrating spring and all it's glory! Naturally, I especially love the realistic sweet pea and cabbage arrangement with it's purple hues and can be easily re-created!

Kelley said...

I forwarded this to my Firstborn floral designer. Beautiful ideas!

Hugs and happy highways,
Kelley~

Debby Ray said...

These are all such great ideas, Stepahnie. The sweet peas and the cabbages is my favorite...just stunning!

Debby Ray said...

Oops...sorry about the typo in your name...lol!

Kimberly~Nutbrown Cottage said...

Good morning, sweet Stephanie! Such lovely and frugal ideas. Thanks for sharing them!

Have a great day, my dear!

Huckleberry stitches said...

I think these would be wonderful for next years tea party at my church! Great inspiration!

Judy Goddard said...

I'm not much of a centerpiece kinda gal, but these are adorable! I especially like the sweet peas in the cabbage!

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

I love these ideas for a special day.

Sherry @ Thrift My House said...

Hey there sweet lady! The centerpieces are so pretty! So many ideas. I haven't made anything spring this year...hopefully I'll have summer decor. Hope you're having a good week!

Vee said...

Oh. You're expanding my thinking. I have always said, "no thanks" to such offers, but these ideas are very nice.

Sandi said...

I would never have thought of the cabbage one! Or, really, any of these. Very cool!

I just noticed something in the photos at the top of your page. Those bunnies on the right look like they all got in trouble and had to go stand in the corner! ;-)

Ceil said...

HI Stephanie! 'Least artsy'. That's me!!
Those little pots of yellow and white are adorable, but you know what I really liked? The purple cabbages! What a cool idea! I'm tucking that one away in my mind for future use. (Purple is my favorite color!)

Have a blessed Thursday my friend!
Ceil

Chel @ Sweetbriar Dreams said...

This time of year really brings out the colourful crafts doesn't it Stephanie. I love the freshness of everything and displaying them on the dining table. Have a wonderful evening my friend xx

Christine said...

Oh so sweet and pretty! My favorite is the floating apples! Just so easy and yet fun!
Thank you so much for sharing with us Stephanie!

Mehrll said...

So unique and beautiful. Not only a centerpiece but also a conversation piece!

Merlesworld said...

Great ideas just that little bit different.
Merle.........

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, dear Stephanie, these are amazing and gorgeous! I am so delighted to see the beauty and cleverness in each one! Amazing! Hugs, sweet friend, and thanks for sharing these!

Mari said...

I love these - thanks for sharing!

AnnMarie aka Vintage Junkie aka NaNa said...

Very unique and fun!

Mildred said...

Perfect for this beautiful spring!

CelestinaMarie@SouthernDayDreams said...

Hi Stephanie, love all these wonderful and cheerful centerpieces. Thank you for sharing the ideas and inspiration.
Have a wonderful evening.
Hugs and Blessings, CM

Vicky Hunt said...

Such pretty and unique centerpeices Stephanie. I love the first one...so cute. I can see these used at a bridal shower or similar event. I hope your week is going well. Have a lovely Friday and weekend sweet friend!

Hugs, Vicky

Debbie Harris said...

Those are wonderful! I especially like the daisies with the grass, so bright and cheery.
Wasn't today just wonderful!

Love you~ mom

Lorrie said...

These are all lovely ideas for centerpieces. I love creating things to add beauty to my home. The daisies in the grass are so cheery.

Jazzmin said...

Ooh, how richly colored and pretty!! Love these beautiful ideas. I think my favorite is the cabbage arrangement of sweet peas, but all are lovely.

Hoping your week has been blessed and wonderful!! Hugs to you♥

Have a wonderful day, dear friend,
Jazzmin

Sola Scriptura said...

What a beautiful arrangement!

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Oh what great ideas for a fresh and natural centerpiece! I love the cabbage one! And of course, all of them. Having nature in the house really steps up the feeling of being more whole, closer to God's good earth.

Good morning sweet Stephanie! IT'S FRIDAY!!!!!!

Miss Val's Creations said...

Beautiful and fun ideas! I really love the look of the cabbage vase. What a conversation piece too!

Pam~ Virginia Retro said...

Such beautiful and creative ideas. My Nana grew sweet peas, her favorite, so I love them too. :)

Feral Turtle said...

All beautiful ideas but I am partial to the sweet peas in cabbage. One of my favorites!

Anna said...

Beautiful !!! All of them !!!!
My favorite is the first one...
Have a shinny weekend !
Anna

hobbyloes said...

Wow, such great ideas to bring spring into your home.
I like them all, but most the daisy's, they are so bright and sunny.

Debbie@Debbie-Dabble and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Stephanie,
Beautiful centerpieces!! So pretty!!

Thanks so much for stopping b!!

Hugs,
Debbie

The Joy of Home with Martha Ellen said...

Hi Stephanie, I'm excited to see all the beautiful arrangements you have---sooo creative! I'll be back to visit soon. So glad you stopped by! ♥

Conniecrafter said...

Love the look of grass and cabbage at the base of the vases!

Nina said...

Your creativity knows no limits, dear Stephanie! I love your beautiful flowerpots!
The site sounds also very inspiring ... I will pop by and see more,
Happy weekend greetings,
Nina

Kira Anastasia said...

Ooooo, the floating fruit idea is so nice! Sort of a fresh take on typical flower bouquets, and it could look really modern...I might try that...

Roberta said...

Hi dear friend,
what beautiful ideas for spring!
I love daisies!
Un baiser

Roberta said...

Hi dear friend,
what beautiful ideas for spring!
I love daisies!
Un baiser

mamasmercantile said...

Very creative and beautiful ideas.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...