Sunday, April 12, 2015

It Will Be Worth It All. . .

And Jesus said unto him,
Verily I say unto thee, 
Today thou shalt be with me in paradise.
- Luke 23:43 -



Human Mortality
by Simon Wastell

Like to the damask rose you see,
Or like the blossom on a tree,
Or like a dainty flower of May,
Or like the morning to the day,
Or like the sun, or like the shade,
Or like the gourd which Jonas had,




E'en such is man; - whose thread is spun,
Drawn out, and cut, and so is done. -
The rose withers, the blossom blasteth,
The flower fades, the morning hasteth,
The sun sets, the shadow flies,
The gourd consumes, - the man he dies.




Like to the grass that's newly sprung,
Or like a tale that's new begun,
Or like the bird that's here to-day,
Or like the pearl'd dew of May,
Or like an hour, or like a span,
Or like the singing of a swan,




E'en such is man; - who lives by breath,
Now here, now there, in life and death -
The grass withers, the tale is ended,
The bird is flown, the dew's ascended,
The hour is short, the span not long,
The swan's near death, - the man's life is done.




When We See Christ
{ Hymn by Esther Kerr Rusthoi, 1909 - 1962 }

Oft - times the day seems long, our trials hard to bear,
We're tempted to complain, to murmur and despair;
But Christ will soon appear to catch His Bride away,
All tears forever over in God's eternal day.




Sometimes the sky looks dark with not a ray of light,
We're tossed and driven on, no human help in sight;
But there is one in heav'n who knows our deepest care,
Let Jesus solve your problem - just go to Him in prayer.





Life's day will soon be o'er, all storms forever past,
We'll cross the great divide to glory safe at last;
We'll share the joys of heav'n - a harp, a home, a crown,
The tempter will be banished, we'll lay our burden down.

Chorus
It will be worth it all when we see Jesus,
Life's trials will seems so small when we see Christ;
One glimpse of His dear face all sorrow will erase,
So bravely run the race till we see Christ.




Then shall my latest breath whisper Thy praise;
This be the parting cry my heart shall raise;
This still its prayer shall be:
More love, O Christ, to Thee,
More love to Thee,
More love to Thee!
- Elizabeth Prentiss - 





Or if on joyful wing, cleaving the sky,
Sun, moon, and stars forgot, upward I fly,
Still all my song shall be, 
Nearer, my God, to Thee, nearer, my God, to Thee,
Nearer to Thee!
- Sarah F. Adams -




Have a blessed Lord's day, lovely friends!

Sharing With:

Strangers and Pilgrims on Earth

36 comments:

vic said...

Gorgeous photos Stephanie :) have a wonderful day
Hugs
Vic x

Mari said...

I'm off to church and that was a great preparation for my heart.

Nina said...

Lovely and encouraging hymns and poem ... Yes, each tear, smile, prayer and sig are worth it - already now and much more that day, when we're with the Lord!
Blessings to your week, dear Stephanie!
Nina xx

Sola Scriptura said...

Beautiful post. Thank you, dear Stephanie.

Debbie Harris said...

I have always loved this hymn! Now I shall be singing that in my heart all the day long. :)
WOW! Those photos of all the colors of your roses are just amazing, Stephanie. As I looked at the different colors it made me think of how we are all uniquely designed by the Creator, all so different.
I especially loved the one with the sun shining through the tree, a beautiful caption.

This was a lovely start of my day, thank you!

Much love to you!

Marta said...

Hello from Spain: nice words. Our mission in life is to get to paradise. Awesome flowers. Keep in touch

Anne Payne said...

So beautiful, Stephanie! I love that quote from Elizabeth Prentiss.

Have a blessed week, my friend -
{{hugs}}

Mehrll said...

Such beautiful roses. Doesn't God make beautiful things for us to see and share?

Linda @ Life and Linda said...

Sweet Stephanie, your flowers are gorgeous, as yet are your quotes. Happy Sunday! xo

sarah said...

Such beautiful roses.

magnoliasntea said...

I don't think I've ever heard or sung this hymn - thank you for sharing the words. I want those flowers...lol. They're just beautiful. Hope you're having a wonderful Lord's Day, too, Stephanie!

AnnMarie aka Vintage Junkie aka NaNa said...

Beautiful!

Vicky Hunt said...

So pretty! You always have the most gorgeous roses! The second photo is my favoirte, but they are all so gorgeous. I enjoyed the hymn as well. A beautiful, thoughtful post. Have a blessed week my friend!

Hugs, Vicky

mari said...

Beautiful indeed!

Mildred said...

Another favorite old hymn that I rarely hear any more. Thank you for sharing and I love the lovely roses, Stephanie.

Joan Horton said...

Beautiful pics

Kelly-Anne said...

Oh Stephanie! How glorious to know we will one day be with our perfect Saviour in Paradise and all these trials here on earth will be made clear...
Thank you for this blessed encouragement today...praying you have a sweet and beautiful week!
Much love always,
Kelly-Anne

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

Gorgeous collage of photos and verses.

Sarah A. said...

Glorious flowers, dear friend, and loved the old hymns at the end. Once again, your post is a lovely, peaceful, joyful end to yet another blessed Lord's Day that I was privileged to enjoy. Love you!

SARAH

Sara D.B. said...

Hello, dear Stephanie!
Thank you for this lovely post; it's nutrition for eyes and soul.
Have a blessed new week!

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

I just had to visit, though I am in a huge hurry to get ready for school. I will be back. LOVE!

Feral Turtle said...

What a gorgeous and colorful bouquet Stephanie! A beautiful post my friend! Cheers.

Julie's Lifestyle said...

Hi Stephanie, wow what gorgeous roses and and nice verses. Thanks for sharing. Have a nice day!

Chel @ Sweetbriar Dreams said...

I can't tell you how much I needed to read those words today my dear Stephanie. My gorgeous little dog Coco died at the weekend and I am beyond inconsolable. So many people have told me of 'Rainbow Bridge' which is where our pets wait for us and to see your colourful roses has reminded me of this. Have a wonderful week my friend xx

Denise said...

Thank You so much stephanie. Now that I'm in My 60s words of the next life bring Me peace and excitement in one breath.Your roses are amazingly beautiful and went with Your prose perfectly. ox Denise

Debbie Nolan said...

Dear Stephanie- Beautiful post with the most gorgeous pictures. I hope you have a blessed week. Hugs

Red Rose Alley said...

Oh Stephanie, your rose pictures take my breath away. I love looking at all the different angles you choose and the props you use when taking pictures of them. Your poems are always so special. The roses in cheerful colors really made my day because my brother-in-law passed away last week, and we are all so very sad right now. Thank you for reminding me of God's beauty in the perfect rose.

love, ~Sheri

Kim Stevens said...

Well, if this wasn't just the best way to start off my week, such a beautiful post with beautiful photos!!!

Linda Walker said...

How is it that you always have just the right props on hand to photograph each and every post? These photos are so pretty Stephanie and so perfect for these words. The hymn is especially beautiful. I am sitting on my porch in a rocking chair just now, catching up on some blog reading. Always a pleasure to visit you Stephanie!
Xo
Linda

Debby Ray said...

Oh Stephanie...I LOVE this post...it WILL be worth anything we ever have to go through when we see Jesus!! Can you imagine going through life with all of it's troubles and never have this promise? And those roses...oh my gosh...the one that stood out to me was the green-ish color...I have never seen that color before. Just beautiful! I hope your Monday is going well :)

living from glory to glory said...

Yes, It will be worth it all when I see Jesus...
When I See Roses I always think of Jesus as it says He is the Rose of Sharon even though it is a completely different flower!I was given a bouquet of yellow Roses for Easter and I was in awe, the fragrance was unbelievable!
Thinking of you!
Hugs, Roxy

CelestinaMarie@SouthernDayDreams said...

Dearest Stephanie, Yes it will be worth it all when we see Jesus. Thank you for such a beautiful post filled with great inspiration in a wonderful hymn. Your roses are gorgeous in all the photos. I love the colorful bouquet.
Wishing you a beautiful week my friend.
Love to you, CM

Beatrice Euphemie said...

Beautiful inspiration, Dear Stephanie. Wishing you a blessed week. Hugs xo Karen

Miss Michelle said...

How beautiful!
I remember once when I was trapped in a dentist's chair getting some oral surgery done that hymn "It will be worth it all when we see Jesus" kept running through my head. What a precious truth! :)

Love,
Michelle ^_^
Delightful Handwork

Kim said...

Such glorious photos, I can drink in the fragrance of those beautiful roses all the way down here. Such a lovely and uplifting post, Stephanie....thank you!

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, such beautiful photos, Stephanie...a reminder of the beauty of God! And I loved the hymns you've shared, especially "It Will Be Worth It All." I so remember my dear dad singing this song, and now I know with certainty that he truly knows it was worth it all...now that he's seen His Savior. And what a reminder for me. Thank you, dearest friend, for sharing once again! I always am refreshed. Warm hugs, dear friend!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...