Sunday, April 05, 2015

We Serve A Living Savior!

Happy Resurrection Sunday, my friends!

Jesus knew when He came He would suffer in shame;
He could feel every pain and sorrow,
But He left Paradise, with His blood He paid the price-
My redemption to Jesus I owe.

From His throne Jesus came, laid aside Heaven's fame
In exchange for the cross of Calvary;
For my gain suffered loss, for my sin He bore the cross-
He was wounded and I was set free.

Born to die upon Calvary,
 Jesus suffered my sin to forgive;
Born to die upon Calvary,
He was wounded that I might live.
- Ron Hamilton -


In the old rugged cross, stained with blood so divine, 
a wondrous beauty I see;
For t'was on that old cross Jesus suffered and died 
to pardon and sanctify me.
- George Bennard -

That old rugged cross was stained with blood. . . special blood.

Ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold. . .
But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot." 
-1 Peter 1:18, 19 -

The divine Lamb of God suffered and died on the cross 
and it is through His shed blood that we can have salvation and forgiveness.

In whom we have redemption through his blood,
even the forgiveness of sin.
- Colossians 1:14 -

But our precious Savior did not stay on the cross or in the tomb. . .
He arose victorious from the grave! 
We serve a living Redeemer!

He is not here:
for he is risen, as he said. . .
- Matthew 28:6a -


Come, ye saints, look here and wonder:
See the place where Jesus lay;
He has burst His bands asunder;
He has borne our sins away;
Joyful tidings!
Yes, the Lord has risen today.

Jesus triumphs! Sing ye praises;
By His death He overcame;
Thus the Lord His glory raises,
Thus He fills His foes with shame.
Sing ye praise!
Praises to the Victor's name.

Jesus triumphs! Countless legions
Come from heaven to meet their King;
Soon, in yonder blessed regions,
They shall join His praise to sing.
Songs eternal
Shall through heaven's high arches ring.
- Thomas Kelly -


Come, see the place where the Lord lay.
- Matthew 28:6b -

The Empty Tomb

I followed Jesus to the cross; I saw His bleeding side.
And there upon Mount Calvary all hope within me died.

I followed Jesus to the grave and cried in deep despair;
I fell before the garden tomb and wept in sorrow there.

I saw the stone was rolled away, I heard a voice that said:
"The Lord of glory, whom ye seek is risen from the dead."

Chorus
My Lord was crucified, my God was slain;
They laid Him in the grave and all seemed vain.
But Christ arose and broke the gloom;
My Savior left behind the empty tomb.
Christ arose! Christ arose!
- Ron Hamilton -


Gold, brightly gleam in eastern sky!
The Lord of glory leads on high
From out Death's grace, past stars and suns,
Adoring hosts of shining ones,
Their joyful souls, redeemed, forgiven,
For He, Death's Conqueror, is risen!

Leaves, gaily flutter on the trees!
He scorneth not the least of these
Repentant ones, marred with earth's strife,
But leads them to the Tree of Life,
And by His blood their souls are shriven,
For He, the Lord of Life is risen!

Birds, sweetly sing in ether blue!
Since every word of God is true
Some day in heaven's crystal light
I, too, shall walk, my soul made white,
And sing of pardon freely given
For He, the Saviour of the world is risen!
- Grace W. Haight -


Have a blessed Lord's Day
and a beautiful Resurrection Sunday!


Thank you, friends, for the many kind birthday wishes 
and the happy thoughts about my getaway with my family.
I am so blessed by all of you and my heart is full of gratitude for each one of you.
I look forward to catching up on blogging and sharing about my time away :)
Love and hugs!

Sharing With:

Strangers and Pilgrims on Earth

27 comments:

Mildred said...

God bless you and your family, dear Stephanie.

Delvalina said...

Happy Easter and Happy Belated Birthday :)
That was beautiful post to remember that what an amazing God we serve!

Hope you have wonderful Easter with your family.

You're always in my thoughts.

Love,
Eva

Kelly-Anne said...

Oh! My heart breaks for those who do not know of our victorious King...what sorrow for those who don't know of His love divine and the freedom He gives to those who accept Him!
I want to sing His praises all day and night so that they might hear and be saved by His precious blood!!
Stephanie, such a beautiful post - I love each of the hymns and scriptures that you chose - joyful, uplifting words!
Hope your Easter weekend has been so very special and blessed!
Hugs and much love to you!
Kelly-Anne

Things and Thoughts said...

May you and your family have a blessed Easter Stephanie!Belated birthday wishes from the bottom of my heart.
Enjoy these holy days and take care!
sending love,
Olympia

Marta said...

Hello from Spain: Happy easter. I really like your photos.Keep in touch.

Debbie Harris said...

Resurrection Sunday, praise our risen Savior!
Kailash
Hallelujah, what a Savior!
Your post was beautiful, just beautiful Stephanie. The Old Rugged Cross, on of my favorites.
Your cross on the hill near your home photo is gorgeous. I love it.

Looking forward to seeing you this afternoon.

Bless you, Mom

Debbie Harris said...

Lol :-) I have no idea what "kailash" is!!
Spell Check and my phone is really acting strange. :-)

MELODY JACOBS said...

happy easter
new post : http://melodyjacob1.blogspot.com/2015/04/zebra-print-mini-skirt.html

Ida said...

Amen! - I love the Hymn you have at the end. What a glorious gift.

Diane said...

Well - how did I miss your birthday, Sweet Lady???? Sigh...I've not been well of late - kidney infection. Very painful. But feeling better today.

So, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Enjoying time with the family is such a treat, isn't it???!!!

Much love & hugs -

Diane

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

It is so miraculous, so GREAT to understand just a smidgen of what all of this means....to be blessed with the grace to know HE is Lord! What a great service we had today. Absolutely stunning expressions of faith as we attended the Basilica downtown. Glory to Him, love to YOU ALL! Anita

Mehrll said...

I love how you intertwine Scripture and hymns so skillfully in your blogs. Such a beautiful blog. Happy Late Birthday and hope you had a restful time away.

My Garden Diaries said...

Happy Easter my dear friend! And a very happy belated birthday to you as well! I hope your day is filled with sunshine! Nicole xo

Sola Scriptura said...

Stephanie, This is a lovely post for such a special day.

Libby M. said...

This was just beautiful, dear Stephanie :) What lovely hymns and verses you chose that truly make us all reflect on the wondrous love that He has for us! How great is the love of Jesus that He would die for such an undeserving sinner as myself! Hope you are having a lovely and very blessed Easter Sunday, sweet friend <3 Sending you a hug!!

Scrappy quilter said...

I am so glad the tomb was empty and He is risen. Happy Easter dear friend.

Vicky Hunt said...

Such a lovely post Stephanie. That last photo of the cross is just amazing! Is that near where you live? It was so perfect for this post. I am happy to hear you had a nice birthday and getaway and I look forward to hearing about it. Hope you had a lovely Easter.

Blessings, Vicky

Roses, Lace and Brocante said...

Alleluia, Alleluia!
He is Risen!

Happy Easter to you and your family dear Stephanie!

A beautiful post and the words from those Hymns - much to reflect upon.

I'm thinking of the poor Christians in Kenya who died because of their faith - they paid the ultimate price but are now in the arms of Christ our Lord.

Shane x

Kimberly~Nutbrown Cottage said...

A blessed Easter to you, Stephanie! He is Risen!

Sarah A. said...

Beautiful post with such glorious words, dear friend. I loved them all but the old hymns (The Rugged Cross and Christ the Lord is Risen Today at the end) are still my favorite. What a blessing that we celebrate the resurrection of Jesus Christ EVERY Sunday!!! Praise His Name!!! Love you. :)

Christine said...

A wonderful triumphant post glorifying our Blessed Redeemer!
Hallelujah Christ arose!
Thank you Stephanie for your desire to draw us to worship Christ anew!

hobbyloes said...

I also love the old hymns, beautiful post Stephanie.
Have a blessed Easter.

Conniecrafter said...

Wonderful post, He is Risen indeed!!
That is a sweet cross stitchery, my mom use to do that but I never got the hang of it, stuck to my cross-stitching

Anne Payne said...

I didn't get to hardly be on the computer yesterday (which is okay) but I didn't see this post until this morning. I hope you had a blessed Resurrection Day! Lovely photos as always.

{{hugs}}

Miss Michelle said...

Happy {belated} Easter wishes, dear Stephanie!

Love in Christ,
Michelle ^_^
Delightful Handwork

Bethany Carson said...

Amen! Beautiful post.

CherylQuilts said...

A beautiful post for Easter as we remember that He is risen and defeated sin and death...forever! What amazing grace and such love...how can we not fall before Him and worship Him with deepest gratitude! I am so assured during this season of seeing Him one day, especially as I get older. Thank you for the beautiful images (loved seeing the canvass stitched cross), the beautiful hymns, poems, and especially His precious Word! Hugs, precious friend!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...