Wednesday, May 06, 2015

Devotions From The Garden - Book Review

Come to the garden alone
and fill your soul with His presence.

There's nothing on earth like the peace and loveliness of a beautiful garden.
It's the place where Adam and Eve first fellowshipped with God,
and where you, too, can escape from this chaotic world
and enter into a place of serenity and peace.

Devotions from the Garden takes you to a place where miracles of nature abound
and where your soul can be restored.
These ninety devotions connect the parallels of life with the wondrous, 
sometimes inexplicable realms of the garden to usher you into His presence,
to soothe your soul, and to rest in knowing He is with you throughout each day.




My Thoughts
Devotions from the Garden is not only a beautiful book in appearance,
but the words tucked inside the pages encourage the heart and refresh the soul.
You will find topics such as:

Perennials - 
God is at work even in seasons of your heart that seem dormant.

The Spark of Life -
Let the unknown and the mysterious compel you to trust God 
that this is an opportunity - in His perfect time - for you to grow.

Herb Gardens-
Whenever we offer what we have, no matter how small,
we are giving for more that that concrete thing.
We are giving a taste of God's love, a gift more valuable than gold.

Thanks For The Harvest-
Then, when your heart is so full it could burst, 
your mind is happily resting in His precious Spirit, and your body is relaxed from his touch,
only two words are worthy to break the silence: Thank You.

This lovely devotional book will bless all those that read it.
Each devotion is short and to the point,
but the words are powerful and will leave you thinking upon the Lord
and His precious mercies for quite some time.
The love for our Heavenly Father and the joy for gardening 
have been so uniquely intertwined 
that they make for a very compelling and beautiful book.
My dear friends, this is an inspirational devotion book 
that you don't want to miss out on.

** I was given a complimentary copy of this book from BookLook Bloggers
for an honest review. All thoughts are my own and no other compensation was received. **

14 comments:

Mildred said...

Hi Stephanie, This is a lovely book "to look at" and the devotions sound wonderful. I turned our dining room into a "tea room" (of sorts) where my lady friends/neighbors visit. I like to display books like this for folks to enjoy browsing through. Thanks for the review.

My Garden Diaries said...

Oh this is something I would LOVE!!! As I feel a strong peace when I am in the garden watching a plant grow!! Thank you for passing this one along!! Hope you are well Stephanie!! Nicole xo

Bethany Carson said...

Sounds like a lovely way to approach devotions. Some of my deepest thoughts have been pondered in my garden, and the flowers and warm fertile earth have seen my tears and heard my prayers to the Lord.

doodles n daydreams said...

Hi Stephanie, this sounds like a good book to have around - i think I'll look for it in my local Christian bookshop.

Diana

Elizabethd said...

What a lovely book. My garden is such an inspiration to me, to wander in and feel the Creator's work.

Kim said...

I love devotional books and this one sounds lovely. There is nothing quite like a garden filled with gorgeous flowers to have a sense of God's beauty and majesty and to quiet one's busy thoughts. Each flower perfect, each flower captivating in it's own exceptional beauty; with no thought of jostling for singular attention, nor competing with the floral pretty sitting next to it.....it just blooms.

Sara D.B. said...

Dear Stephanie, I wholeheartedly share your words "There's nothing on earth like the peace and loveliness of a beautiful garden"!
It's lovely that this book has been written... and I would welcome many more of them. God's creation is wonderful and can help very much in contemplating His love and work.
Thank you for sharing. Have a blessed day!

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

And these sort of collections are what I love best. You can often read the pith and get so much out of its concentrated form and go back for more, pondering and practicing its suggestions. LOVELY!

Sola Scriptura said...

I do enjoy devotional books. I hope you are enjoying a lovely week.

handmade by amalia said...

I love book reviews, Stephanie! And this one sounds grand. It goes on my list.
Amalia
xo

Debby Ray said...

This really looks like a wonderful devotional, Stephanie. You know enough about me to know that I love getting out taking in all of God's beauty and this sounds like a book I would truly enjoy. Thanks for the review!

Debbie Harris said...

Hello my dear! Oh I do believe I will be getting this book for sure. Growth in my faith, gardening, perennials (my favorite of flowers) and just that cover picture on the book is worth having.
It's nice to be here visiting.

Have a lovely day, Mom

Mimi Mama said...

Stephanie, that is just the sweetest thing ever! Mimi xxx

M. E. Stephens said...

Sounds interesting. I'll have to look into it. :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...