Sunday, May 03, 2015

Ring The Bells Of Heaven

Therefore my heart is glad,
and my glory rejoiceth:
my flesh also shall rest in hope.
- Psalm 16:9 -



Ring the bells of heaven! there is joy today
For a soul returning from the wild!
See! the Father meets him out upon the way,
Welcoming His weary, wand'ring child.

Ring the bells of heaven! there is joy today,
For the wand'rer now is reconciled;
Yes, a soul is rescued from his sinful way,
And is born a new a ransomed child.

Ring the bells of heaven! spread the feast today!
Angels, swell the glad triumphant strain!
Tell the joyful tidings, bear it far away!
For a precious soul is born again.

Chorus
Glory! glory! how the angels sing;
Glory! glory! how the loud harps ring!
'Tis the ransomed army, like a mighty sea,
Pealing forth the anthem of the free!
- William O. Cushing, 1823 - 1902 -


You will meet with trials as you journey home-
Grace sufficient He will give to overcome;
Tho unseen by mortal eye, He is with you ever nigh-
And He'll keep the joy-bells ringing in your heart.
Joy-bells ringing in your heart, joy-bells ringing in your heart!
Take the Savior, here below, with you everywhere you go-
He will keep the joy-bells ringing in your heart.
- J. Edward Ruark, 19th Century -

Have a blessed Lord's Day, lovely friends!

24 comments:

Mildred said...

Blessings to you this Sunday morning. Such beautiful lyrics and photographs. Wishing you a wonderful day.

NanaDiana said...

I know SO MANY of those old songs but this is one I never heard before. What beautiful words! xo Diana

Michele @ The Nest at Finch Rest said...

Went to YouTube to give a listen to this pretty Protestant hymn, as I had never heard it either.

Love your pictures and esp love your Adoration and Praise.

May God with His Gracious Peace be with you.

Marta said...

Nice words. Happy Sunday. In my country today we celebrate the Mother's Day.We keep in touch

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

And a blessed day to you sweet friend! ANita

Anonymous said...

love this old him, Glory Glory how the angels sing....have sung that for years. thank you for posting that today...sue

CherylQuilts said...

Dear Stephanie, this is a favorite old hymn for me...brings such joyous memories of the chorus...singing it with such joy and vigor! Glory, glory indeed! And, yes, as the trials come, it's so important to remember that His grace is sufficient as we travel home...with Him!! Praying for you and your precious family, sweet friend! Hugs!

Red Rose Alley said...

Oh Stephanie, I love this glass bell with the emerald bead, and do you know why? Emerald is my birthstone and May is my birthday month! I love your soft and pretty pictures on this Sunday morning.

Wishing you a blessed Sunday, my sweet friend.

love, ~Sheri

20 North Ora said...

And a blessed Sunday to you also.

Judy

magnoliasntea said...

Hi Stephanie, I wasn't familiar with this song either so I found it on youtube and listened. I enjoy hearing these songs you introduce us to on your blog. Have a great Lord's Day, too.

Simply Linda said...

Beautiful. Have a Blessed week, keeping your family in prayer. Blessings

Mari said...

I always enjoy your Sunday song posts. I never heard this one before. I like it!

Kim said...

I love this hymn. Oh my, heaven will be the most wonderful place with all that glorious music and singing. As ever, Stephanie, sublime photos. Have a happy day!

Kimberly~Nutbrown Cottage said...

A blessed and grace-filled Sunday to you, sweet Stephanie!

Diane said...

I am always filled with assurance when I've finished your Sunday posts. Thank you!!

AnnMarie aka Vintage Junkie aka NaNa said...

I love reading these old hymns as I am not familiar with most of them. Very inspiring and encouraging!

Vicky Hunt said...

Hugs and blessings to you on this beautiful Lord's day Stephanie! Such a lovely post. I love the old hymn and the crystal bell and pearls. So lovely! You have such a way with these sweet little vignettes! I pray all is well with you and yours. Have a wonderful week my freind.

Hugs, Vicky

Maria said...

A beautiful hymn, Stephanie! Blessings to you! Hope you have a wonderful week!:-)

JES said...

What a triumphant song! Thank you for sharing in such a lovely way! :)

Conniecrafter said...

Such a joyful and wonderful song, just gives me goose bumps thinking about the day I meet my Lord and Savior. Such lovely photo's to go with it.
Have a wonderful week!

Feral Turtle said...

What a lovely song! Hope your week is special!

Terra said...

Beautiful hymn.

SpicingUpIdaho said...

What a beautiful hymn! I've never heard it before either! Your pictures that accompany the hymn are just lovely. May the joy bells ring in your heart today :)

mamasmercantile said...

Beautiful and uplifting.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...