Thursday, June 25, 2015

A Worthy Pursuit - Book Review

A teacher on the run.
A bounty hunter in pursuit.
Can two enemies learn to trust each other
before they both lose what they hold most dear?

Stone Hammond is the best tracker in Texas.
He never comes home empty-handed.
So when a wealthy railroad investor hires him 
to find his abducted granddaughter, Stone eagerly accepts.

Charlotte Atherton, 
former headmistress of Sullivan's Academy for Exceptional Youths, 
will do anything to keep her charges safe,
especially the orphaned girl entrusted to her care.
Charlotte promised Lily's mother she'd keep the girl away 
from her unscrupulous grandfather,
and nothing will stop Charlotte from fulfilling the pledge.
Not even the handsome bounty hunter with surprisingly honest eyes
who comes looking for them.

When Miss Atherton produces documentation that shows her to be Lily's legal guardian,
Stone must reevaluate everything he's been led to believe.
Is she villain or victim?

Then a new danger forces Charlotte to trust the man sent to destroy her.
Stone vows to protect what he once sought to tear apart.
Besides, he's ready to start a new pursuit:
winning Charlotte's heart.



My Thoughts
A Worthy Pursuit has Karen Witemeyer's signature wit, charm, and romance
and because of her skill in writing a book that captivates the reader's attention
she has become one of my top favorite authors.
I have read all of Karen's books and every single one, including A Worthy Pursuit,
has won my approval and my heart.
This latest book from Karen may be your "typical" Christian romance 
of a rugged and handsome man meeting a beautiful and talented woman,
but there is more to their story than just sparks flying and wedding bells going off.

The characters in A Worthy Pursuit are simply precious.
Charlotte is full of love and kindness for the children that have been left in her care
and she will literally fight with everything she has in order to keep them safe.
Charlotte is beautiful inside and out, but unfortunately she has been deeply hurt in the past
by people in her life so she has a hard time trusting anyone. . .
especially Stone Hammond.

Stone Hammond is. . .incredible!
My, what a delightful character - he is kind, compassionate, and honest
and his very being seems to radiate from the pages of the book;
you can't help but root for him to win Charlotte's heart.

Yes, there is romance in this new book from Karen, but there is also much more. . .
There is adventure and humor, challenges and western excitement,
and there is the reminder that God cares for each one of us
and His love never fails.
I greatly appreciate Karen Witemeyer and her ability to write a pure and enjoyable story.
She writes in a way that always leaves the reader smiling after the last page has been read.
This author is truly phenomenal and her latest book, A Worthy Pursuit, is a must-read.

** I was given a free copy of this book from Bethany House Publishers for an honest review.
All thoughts are my own. No other compensation was received. **

About the Author
Winner of the HOLT Medallion and the Carol Award, 
and a finalist for the RITA and Christy Award, 
bestselling authorKaren Witemeyer writes historical romance 
because she believes in giving the world more happily-ever-afters. 
Karen makes her home in Abilene, Texas, with her husband and three children. 
Learn more at www.karenwitemeyer.com.

14 comments:

Gina said...

I'm glad that this book was a winner. I've read a lot of disappointed reviews lately. I can add this one to my happy list!

Beatrice Euphemie said...

Thank you for the review, Stephanie! I am interested in historical romance and this author sounds like a great writer. This is going on my reading list! xo Karen

Jazzmin said...

This sounds like a wonderful story! As an aspiring teacher, the main character already makes me interested in reading this book ;) But from your wonderful and informative review, the story seems like it is a gem of a pure and delightful story that would be a joy to read- and to have the element of encouragement in faith in God also! I hope to read this book in the future.

Blessings and hugs, dear friend!
Love to you,
Jazzmin

Kira Anastasia said...

Looks good! Sometimes I wish I had the costumes/clothes on the covers of the books you review, haha!

Linda Walker said...

Dear Stephanie,
Another wonderful review of what sounds like a great read! I love reading books whose characters seem to come to life and jump right out of the pages!
Well done!
xo
Linda

NanaDiana said...

That sounds like a WONDERFUL story!!! I need to add that one to my "to read" list. Thanks for the review. xo Diana

Elizabethd said...

That sounds like another winner.
I do wonder sometimes why all heroines have to be beautiful, and all heroes rugged and handsome?!

Sola Scriptura said...

It sounds like such a delightful book!

Ariƫlla said...

In Dutch, I love all her books!

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Reviewing any literature is such a great joy and exercise for the mind! You are so fortunate to have this time to engage in what I think is such a healthy thing to do for our own shaping of ideas and even values. We can at least look at the world through the possibilities found in stories; storytelling is IN US and must continue on if we are to be a people of any literary or moral legacy!

Sounds good my friend! Have another enchanting day! Anita

Brenda said...

Hi Stephanie,
This sounds like a lovely story, and I just looked at your previous post, what a lovely rhubarb cake! I don't know whether it is me, or if others are the same, but I am going to have to take time to read more fictional stories (which I used to do a lot), and make more cakes (that too seems to be something of the past ) I find the older I get, the busier I get, but I do love that too.
Thank you for sharing your lovely posts Stephanie.
God bless.

Melanie said...

Thank you for your review, Stephanie. I'm not much into reading romances any more but this sounds very appealing. I love stories with characters who have such depth.

Debbie said...

it sounds like a great book!!! it's wonderful that you share these reviews!!! have a good weekend!!!!

Natalie said...

This sounds like a very fun and entertaining book. Thanks for sharing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...