Saturday, June 13, 2015

Once Upon A Summertime - Book Review

She's looking for her big break.
She never imagined it would depend on a blast from her past.

Managing the Value Lodge in her hometown was not what Anna Gordon
had in mind when she set out in the hospitality industry.
But it's a safe choice for a young woman starting out her career.

Then, out of the blue, she gets the opportunity of a lifetime:
a chance to reinvent herself and reinvigorate her career
by moving to New York City.
She applies for a management position at a stylish new hotel, The Rothsberg.
But the city is full of surprises - not the least of which is discovering
that Sean O'Neil, a once-upon-a-time crush, has applied for the very same position.

This sweetly romantic tale of dreams come true takes you through the storied streets
of New York City - and into the depths of the human heart.




My Thoughts
Once Upon a Summertime is a simple, sweet, and enjoyable read
that is perfect for passing by the hot summer days.
While this wouldn't be my most favorite book 
that I've read in the last few months and it was somewhat predictable,
it was still pleasant and lighthearted.

I appreciated Anna's character 
and found her to have a gentle spirit and sweet pureness.
She is determined to do a good and thorough job wherever she is
and her determination is refreshing.
Anna and Sean's relationship has a few bumps along the way,
but in the end the hard-working Anna finds her happy-ever-after ending.

I applaud Melody Carlson for the wonderful way she described New York City;
it felt like I was right there enjoying the beautiful sights.
I give Once Upon a Summertime 3.5 stars.

** I was given a free copy of this book from Revell Publishers for an honest review.
All thoughts are my own. No other compensation was received. **

About the Author
Melody Carlson is the award-winning author of over two hundred books
with sales of more than 6.5 million.
She received a Romantic Times Career Achievement Award
in the inspirational market for her many books, including Finding Alice.
She and her husband live in central Oregon.
Learn more at www.melodycarlson.com 

5 comments:

Mildred said...

These hot humid days are perfect for reading! I have read other books by this author and enjoyed them. Thx for the review. Wishing you a restful evening.

vic said...

Hello lovely lady oohh this book sounds perfect for summer :)
Huge hugs
Vic x

Sola Scriptura said...

I find books that seem rather predictable can be a really good quick read. Hugs to you.

Debbie said...

a wonderful review that i really enjoyed, as i do not read!!!

Robyn said...

In the summer months, I tend to gravitate towards books like this. I call them 'mind candy' because I don't have to think too hard - just enjoy, lol.
Sounds like fun and I always enjoy your very succinct reviews, Stephanie!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...