Sunday, August 02, 2015

Now I Belong To Jesus

For thou, LORD, wilt bless the righteous;
with favor wilt thou compass him as with a shield.
- Psalm 5:12 -




Jesus my Lord will love me forever,
from Him no pow'r of evil can sever;
He gave His life to ransom my soul-
now I belong to Him!

Once I was lost in sin's degradation, 
Jesus came down to bring me salvation,
lifted me up from sorrow and shame-
now I belong to Him!

Joy floods my soul, for Jesus has saved me,
freed me from sin that long had enslaved me;
His precious blood He gave to redeem me-
now I belong to Him!

Chorus
Now I belong to Jesus,
Jesus belongs to me;
Not for the years of time alone,
But for eternity.
- Norman Clayton -




God is for us - that is good.

God is with us - that is better.

God is in us - that is best!




We who know Jesus as Savior and Lord have a place of protection
from harsh conditions we would not naturally be able to withstand on our own.
That place is the shield of God's protective presence.
He is surrounding us so that we can grow in conditions we could not otherwise withstand.
And in ways only God understands, rather than confine us,
the shield of His constant presence actually makes us truly free - free to grow,
try new experiences, and meet new people without fear.
Even if we stumble or when we face temptation,
we have God's Holy Spirit with us, protecting us in whatever way He deems best.

We can trust that God is with us.
This doesn't mean we won't encounter trouble or have a pain-free life;
but no person, situation, loss, pain, or disease, and not even death itself
will undo our salvation in Him.
- Devotions From The Garden -




Rise above the circumstances of this day
and rejoice in the glorious truth that you and Christ
are united for eternity.




Have a blessed day, sweet friends!
Love. . .Hugs. . .Blessings




And I give unto them eternal life;
and they shall never perish,
neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.
- John 10:28 -

25 comments:

Denise said...

such a lovely way to start my day, thanks.

Billie Jo said...

Good Sunday morning, my lovely friend...
Always a joy to spend time with you here.
Have a wonderful day! : )

Kelly-Anne said...

Oh...sweet friend! What a JOY indeed to know we belong to the King of Kings who has freed us from our sin with His sacrificial act of love and mercy...how precious He is!
Wishing you the loveliest of Sundays, Stephanie! And have a beautiful week!
Blessings and love!
Kelly-Anne

MELODY JACOBS said...

lovely
new post:http://melodyjacob1.blogspot.com/2015/08/shirt-dress-and-bowtie.html

Joyce Mayer said...

One word - "Beautiful"

Sunday Blessings

Daniela said...

Your flowers are so lovely, darling Stephanie, as if the'd come from the Garden of your Heart !

To come and visit you here is always such a Joy to me and now, this late afternoon, your words are going to bright my evening, Thank you wiyh all my heart, sweet friend.

Sending much dear love and hugs fora a JOYOUS SUNDAY
Dany

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, dearest Stephanie! What a very special and beautiful post this Lord's Day! I especially love this hymn (as I do many that my dear dad used to sing as solos), and I can still remember his voice and his beaming countenance as he sang this beautiful hymn in praise of his Lord Jesus. And now he is with Jesus for all eternity. What a joy and great assurance! And, as Kelly-Anne said, we are His and His alone...freed from sin and eternal death. And no matter what comes, He is always with us! May we continue to remind ourselves that throughout each and every day...and moment. What beautiful flowers and the sweetest bouquet with that precious little bird. Wishing you a blessed day, precious friend, and thank you so much! Hugs!

Debbie Harris said...

Look at those gorgeous flowers! You can make any bouquet look stunning. Looking at these photos up close is amazing, such detail in the flower, and the pink with yellow, wow wow!

Jesus is mine for ALL eternity, what a joy and contentment that is to my heart. It is so very true, in that what ever the circumstances are we can rise above them rejoicing in the glorious Truth that for all eternity we belong to Him, and we can never loose that position with Him.
Oh praise Jesus!

I really enjoyed this today, Stephanie. :-)
The Lord bless you~ Mom

Mildred said...

Good Sunday Afternoon, Stephanie. Such reassuring lyrics and your flower photos are so bright and cheerful. Wishing you and yours a nice Sunday and a wonderful week.

Susan said...

Hello dear Stephanie....The Lord truly is a safe haven. Thanks for your lovely post and for your visits, too. Susan

Mari said...

Nothing more precious than knowing this truth deep in my heart! Have a blessed Sunday dear Stephanie :0) mari

Bethany Carson said...

Beautiful flower photos! I've heard that hymn before...it's on one of our old records sung by a ladies' trio.

Jeanna said...

Beautiful thoughts and a blessing to me, as always. Thank you, dear Stephanie.

magnoliasntea said...

Hi Stephanie! I really enjoy looking up the hymns you have in your posts on youtube. You've introduced me to several I'd not heard before, and they are lovely.
Hope you and your family are enjoying a lovely Lord's Day.

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

First of all, THERE IS MY BLUEBIRD'S TWIN!!!!!!!!!!!

And secondly, WE belong to Him and His light has never, will never go dim. EVER.

Happy new week and rejoice always! Anita

Red Rose Alley said...

Stephanie, it is so good to know that God is always with us. Could these flowers possibly be MUMS? They are so pretty and such a cheerful color. It is always a joy to for me to visit with you on your Sunday posts. They fill me with knowledge, and surround my heart with peace.

Thank you, dear Stephanie.

love, ~Sheri

Sylvia said...

Beautiful post,Stephanie,I love the hymn and quotes.
Hope you're having a great Sunday.
Hugs,Sylvia

Mari said...

Beautiful flowers and such a uplifting, comforting post today. Thanks Stephanie!

Debbie said...

What a beautiful way to start the day!!! Gorgeous colors, I like those pretty yellow pom-poms!!!!!

Ashley said...

I love the pictures of the gorgeous flowers, Stephanie! And I love that hymn alot too. I was singing it in my head as I read the words. :) Your blog is such a blessing and I love it so much!
Your sister in the Lord,
Ashley
creatingpreciousmoments.blogspot.com

Red Rose Alley said...

Stephanie, you sound so much like Jess - sweet, indecisive, a bit shy, and so wonderful. Are you a LIBRA by any chance? I have another blog friend who is like Jess is many ways and she is a Libra too. Thank you for your sweet comment today. Isn't it nice to get to know our friends better, and we can even find out a little bit more about them by the comments they write. You are such a special soul. Thank you for making my world a better place.

love, ~Sheri

FABBY'S LIVING said...

Beautiful post and hymn for a beginning of my week. I belong to God too, and everything will be ok, HE is the only one that solves my family's problems and tribulations... at the same token, mines.
Thanks for sharing.
Blessings.
FABBY

Amy said...

Beautiful! I love the colors of those flowers, such a pretty color combination. I hope you are having a wonderful week. Still prepping the houses and will be painting on Friday. I will be so glad when this portion of our homes will be done. :)
Hugs, Amy

Amy said...

Beautiful! I love the colors of those flowers, such a pretty color combination. I hope you are having a wonderful week. Still prepping the houses and will be painting on Friday. I will be so glad when this portion of our homes will be done. :)
Hugs, Amy

Conniecrafter said...

Such a wonderful reminder he is always with us, we just need to let him into our lives and hearts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...