Saturday, September 19, 2015

Creation Health Devotional For Women - Book Review

The CREATION Health Devotional for Women 
is designed to help you along your life journey 
through the power of simple stories. 
Each story addresses some aspect of healthy living 
from a mind/body/spirit perspective. 
You'll find stories about living life to the full 
no matter what circumstances come your way. 
You'll be inspired by many Aha, God, I see what you mean, type of moments. 
You'll see how encounters of the most unexpected kind
can change our lives and the lives of others. 
You'll meet women who have faced difficulties 
such as chronic illness, sudden loss, disaster 
those events that only faith can carry us through 
and that only God has the power to transform into good. 
You'll also find lessons from nature. 
Illustrations of how God can touch us through the lilies of the field, 
the beauty of a sunset, or a hushed walk down a forest trail. 
Then there are the times God inspires us through people. 
Maybe it happens over a shared cup of tea, a meaningful conversation with a friend, 
or a quiet moment with a loved one. 
Through shared stories we often see how God orchestrates the events of our lives 
for our instruction, encouragement, and enjoyment. 
This devotional is for any woman at any stage in life 
that enjoys inspirational stories of women across the country, 
who found hope and strength through guidance from God and the power of prayer.




My Thoughts
This book is written by several women and from the very first page 
I was drawn in as I read about the true life stories of these ladies.
Some may share an experience they personally had or
you may read of one of the ladies ministering to someone
and that someone will share his/her life changing moment.

Throughout the book I found I had tears in my eyes
as I read how the Lord works in beautiful and mysterious ways.
From a precious lady who loses her husband and son-in-law
to a mother-in-law whose last words to her daughter-in-law are,
"Goodnight, sweet thing."
And to an African American woman who ends up helping 
the Grand Dragon of the Ku Klux Klan during his last days on earth
you will find encouragement and blessing,
You may even be able to relate to a story or two
and find healing and strength from the words and real-life situation.

I have always been drawn to the older hymns
because many of the songs were written by someone
that went through trials and tribulation -
difficult times that caused the author to look fully to the Lord for direction and healing.
I have always appreciated these life stories and the fact that these hymn authors
rested in Jesus Christ and poured the words out onto paper for our encouragement.
I find this book is the same with the life stories of very real people.
There is something that blesses the heart to read of another person
who has pulled through a trial with God's help.

I most certainly recommend this book!
It's the perfect little book to enjoy while having a little break in the afternoon
as the short, but powerful stories go straight to your heart
giving you much to think on.

*** I received this book free from the publisher
in exchange for an honest review.
I was not required to write a positive review and all thoughts are my own! ***

Please visit creationhealth.com
for more information on this book and others.

Many thanks to Creation Health for giving me the privilege 
of reading and reviewing this book.

6 comments:

Red Rose Alley said...

Stephanie,
I sent you an e-mail. Not sure if you got it yet?

Have a sweet weekend.

~Sheri

cynia said...

A simple story is sometimes the one thing you need to not give up in life :).

Debbie Harris said...

Excellent review!!
As you know I ordered this book right after you shared it with me because I knew that I was going to love it!
I too am drawn to real life stories and testimonies of how the Lord works in lives.
I believe this is going to be a blessing to sit and read with a cup of tea, and just ponder on life, and the life of others.

Love you~

Denise said...

wonderful review, sounds like good reading

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

WOW...that part about the African American woman....now that is MERCY. This is what makes us shine: to love those who have done everything in their power to go against us. This sounds like a great book to read dear friend. Happy Sunday!

Oliva Ohlson said...

I love to read these types of books. These stories make me realize that God is with one at all times, and never abandons one in really tough times. Just knowing that, it makes it easier for me to deal with bad or sad situations.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...