Friday, October 30, 2015

Vendetta - Book Review

Good day, sweet friends!
I am dropping in to share a book review,
but wanted to let you know that I am still currently enjoying some quiet time
{ you can read about that here }.
Oh, how I miss you
 and I look forward to returning to blogging in a week or two.
Until then. . .
Love and hugs!

* * * * * * * * * * * * *

No one needs to push Nikki Boyd to excel
on the Tennessee Missing Persons Task Force.
The case of her own missing sister, still unsolved after ten years,
is the driving force in her work.
When a Polaroid photo of a missing girl shows up at a crime scene,
Nikki quickly recognizes similarities to the past.
The closer she gets to the abductor, the more she feels this case has become personal,
and she is not the hunter. . .but the hunted.

With this explosive first book in The Nikki Boyd Files,
award-winning author Lisa Harris takes you on a fast-paced pursuit of justice
that will have you holding your breath until the heart-stopping finish.




My Thoughts
I am new to Lisa Harris and her work
and found her to be a talented author.
While this book was good and gripping in some parts,
it wasn't exactly "amazing."
I was drawn into the storyline from the first chapter,
but as I got closer to the middle of the book I was a little disappointed
with how mediocre the story had become.
The plot was somewhat exciting, but average and left me with thoughts of,
"I've already seen or read this type before."
I want something new and fresh when it comes to suspense.
Don't get me wrong, the book is very good and enjoyable, an easy-read,
but I would have liked more twists and turns,
more fast-paced drama and intrigue,
more action and "wow moments."
I simply felt Vendetta was lacking a little bit. . .just a little.
I am certainly not giving up on this series 
and after reading the first chapter of the second book 
I am already captivated by what comes next for Nikki Boyd.

As for the characters in Vendetta, they are strong and well-developed.
Kudos to Lisa Harris for forming and portraying 
interesting and intricate personalities in the main characters.
In my opinion this book is a 4 star book.

** I was given a free copy of this book from Revell Publishers for an honest review.
All thoughts are my own. No other compensation was received. 
Thank you Revell! **

About the Author
Lisa Harris is a Christy Award winner
and the winner of the Best Inspirational Suspense Novel for 2011 from Romantic Times.
The author of nearly thirty books, including 
Dangerous Passage, Fatal Exchange, and Hidden Agenda.
Harris and her family have spent twelve years living as missionaries in southern Africa.
They currently live in Mozambique.
Learn more at www.lisaharriswrites.com

22 comments:

Lydia Scott said...

Thanks for the review! The story line sounds interesting! I might have to see if our library has it sometime.

Dee said...

Hi Stephanie! I'm so glad you're enjoying your quiet time. I always look forward to your book reviews and I love crime thrillers so I'll add this one to my list.

I'll be stopping by your Etsy shop soon since it's getting closer to the holidays. Goodness, where did October go? Oh well, have a lovely weekend... :)

Terra said...

It sounds like the character is compelling and how interesting that the author is a missionary in Mozambique.

Andrea Ostapovitch said...

It is very good to break from routine once in a while. We appreciate it so much more when we return. This book is definitely not something I would pick up. I've never been a fan of murder/mystery novels. I've tried a few, maybe the wrong few, and I just can't get past the first few chapters.
Enjoy the rest of your quiet time.

NanaDiana said...

I don't know that author but that sounds like a good book! Enjoy your quiet time! We all need that sometimes- xo Diana

Joyful said...

A great book review. Glad you are enjoying your quiet time. xx

Gina said...

Stephanie, nice to see you again! I am glad that you are enjoying a peaceful respite from the internet world! Thank you for the book review!

Susan said...

Hello dear Stephanie....Thank you for the review. Hope you are enjoying your blog break (I know you are!) Susan

Big Rigs 'n Lil' Cookies said...

I am looking to spend more time away from facebook over the winter, and more time with my nose in books. So, this was very well timed, and I love suspense stories. With my goal in mind, I will be popping in for more of your book reviews!

Denise said...

good review.

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Though I have not read this book, I totally understand what you are saying about those sorts of books where the ORDINARY seems to slip in. I personally don't like mediocre story telling, but who does! The unexpected is always the best story telling because even after you've read it a few times, those turns of events and the way they are written are timeless.

SO GOOD TO SEE YOU AGAIN! And I will be back in email! LOVE!

Sylvia Cannon said...

Good that you are getting and enjoying some quiet time. We all need a break now and then from our routine!
Take care friend,
Sylvia

Red Rose Alley said...

Stephanie, it was nice to see your sweet words if only for a short while. Spending time with ourselves and being still is the best thing we can do sometimes.

Miss you, love you, and thinking of you.
Happy Halloween!

love, ~Sheri

CelestinaMarie@SouthernDayDreams said...

Hi Stephanie, so glad you are enjoying your quiet time. Thanks for stopping in to share a book review. Hope you continue to have peace and quiet and time to reflect and enjoy being with yourself and family. Sending love your way.
xo

Lowcarb team member said...

Good to see this review ...

Take Care

All the best Jan

Conniecrafter said...

Good to hear your enjoying your break.

kat said...

Hi Stephanie Happy November to you. I am always amazed at how you have time to do so much including reading books on a regular basis. The book sounds good. I love your little shop on Etsy and it's doing so good. Thats awesome. Have a wonderful day! Hugs to you

patio garden furniture said...

Sounds like a good book! Enjoy your quiet time. Enjoy your week!

All4 Barbie said...

Hello from Spain: great review. Very interesting book. Keep in touch .

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

It sounds like a good book. We all miss you too sweet lady but take the time you need. Sweet hugs, Diane

handmade by amalia said...

Thanks for the review, Stephanie. I'm half way through the new Robert Galbraith book. It is way more bloody than I was expecting but still a good read.
Amalia
xo

Kelly-Anne said...

Hello dearest Stephanie...oh, I am so happy to hear you are enjoying your time of quiet...may take as long as you need and be refreshed! We miss you ever so much and I must tell you how much I value you in this beautiful blog world! Blessings to you and ever so much love...have a delightful weekend and all the wonders of the approaching Festive season!
Hugs to you!
Kelly-Anne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...